Bully's Boys

Started by Bully, February 01, 2016, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I know you're keen to complete your side and continue moving up the rankings, but don't get too caught up in the now

There's still 8-9 rounds of footy to go - and to only have 2 trades for such a long time is risky indeed

All it takes is one or two players to miss a couple of weeks, or cop and LTI and all the ground you make up now will be lost later in the season when you're relying on rookies or even worse, donuts

I've got 4 trades left myself, and still have 2 def rookies on field. It's been a rough year, but I can use two trades now to get another prem def into the side, but I think I might just delay that move for a few weeks just so I can try and get through the next few weeks with 4 trades, because all of a sudden 4 trades with only 4-5 weeks left is a lot more manageable.

Not ideal having to rely on 2 def rookies for a few more weeks and copping their scores, but I guess it's short term pain for hopefully long term gain

All that being said though, that team looks very good and I'd be very happy with that for the rest of the year so 2 trades left could potentially work, luck permitted

Good luck with whatever you decide mate

Bully

It's risky for sure but this is the round to make a charge, just about every team is looking the same and I feel I need to hit the top 100 now or it will never happen. I'm most vulnerable over the next few weeks but once I get Dahlhaus in the side I can wear long term injuries in the forwards and mids. Collins also looks a mainstay so no problems there.

Ringo

Have you any way of getting one of Menadue or Phillips to mids to give you a DPP to help out rather than both on forwards bench in these trades.  Something to think about but apart from that solid and worth the risk.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on June 28, 2016, 02:42:49 PM
Have you any way of getting one of Menadue or Phillips to mids to give you a DPP to help out rather than both on forwards bench in these trades.  Something to think about but apart from that solid and worth the risk.

Not possible if I want maximum cash flow, something which is essential to complete my side with Dahlhaus as my final inclusion. My prediction is Menadue will be the one to hit the 320k mark, with the 130 in his rolling average he only needs an 80 this week and it's just about a done deal. By that stage the DPP is less of an issue as I have Libba & Trengove as cover, that's solid enough in the mids. Throw in Dahlhaus/Franklin at F7 and I can weather any short term absences. I'll still have 1 trade up the sleeve for any season ending injury.

Bully

Finished the bye period making only marginal gains, a bit disappointed with Trengove's axing given my trades were locked in on Thursday. Nevermind, I'm sitting at 325, not impossible to crack the top 100 from here but might be difficult given the sameness of many sides and the fact I'm down to 2 trades. My move of Libba to M9 was a long term decision which will pay off I believe, particularly given the poor job security of the rookies. I still want Dahlhaus and in a perfect world Jansen piles on the cash and I get my floating donut with Phillips (who is actually more valuable out of the side).

So with 2 trades left I'm holding firm for now, Rich is bugging me but he stays for now.

Def - Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Bartel, Laird, Rich (Tucker. Collins)

Mids - Danger, Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, Treloar (Liberatore, Jansen, Trengove)

Rucks - Goldy, gawn (Cox)

Forwards - Zorko, Martin, Merrett, Deledio, Montagna, Franklin (Menadue, Phillips)

PICCOLLO

Your fwd cover looks shaky but two trades mean you can't do anything but hold at this stage.  Libba at m9 works but a m/f premo would have been more helpful to cover the fwd line outs.

That said, you have a good rank and your team is capable of putting out some decent scores. Hopefully you can keep things together over the next few weeks. Good luck

Bully

Quote from: PICCOLLO on July 08, 2016, 04:40:41 PM
Your m/f cover looks shaky but two trades mean you can't do anything but hold at this stage.  Libba at m9 works but a m/f premo would have been more helpful to cover the fwd line outs.

That said, you have a good rank and your team is capable of putting out some decent scores. Hopefully you can keep things together over the next few weeks. Good luck

Yep, I'm incredibly vulnerable to any forwards missing in action. If the gods are smiling on me, I get through the next 3 weeks and get Dahlhaus to M10, I have 100k in the bank so need Jansen to hit 320k. This will enable me to use Phillips as a loophole for both lines and also provides solid cover if a forward goes down. Will be down to one trade but will have a very strong squad.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: Bully on July 08, 2016, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: PICCOLLO on July 08, 2016, 04:40:41 PM
Your m/f cover looks shaky but two trades mean you can't do anything but hold at this stage.  Libba at m9 works but a m/f premo would have been more helpful to cover the fwd line outs.

Yep, I'm incredibly vulnerable to any forwards missing in action. If the gods are smiling on me, I get through the next 3 weeks and get Dahlhaus to M10, I have 100k in the bank so need Jansen to hit 320k. This will enable me to use Phillips as a loophole for both lines and also provides solid cover if a forward goes down. Will be down to one trade but will have a very strong squad.

You'll have good cover after that. The other benefit is being able to loophole your bench premoes to eek out more of a score.  I have 7 premoes up fwd including Dahl. Just trying to hang on until he gets back and not have to field rookies.

Bully

Not being around the internet to loophole Danger cost me another 40 odd points, this has ultimately been the difference this year between top 100 and where I stand now. Moved up 6 spots so not the end of the world. With Ablett out I'm pretty much resigned to not picking up Dahlhaus, unless of course he is available closer to 2nd week of finals. Will pick up Hanners and just hope there are no more long term injuries.

One trade left in the bank, can deal with one more season ending injury and then hope my depth holds me in good stead.

Def - Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Bartel, Laird, Rich (Tucker. Collins)

Mids - Danger, Pendlebury, Hannebury, Selwood, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, Treloar (Liberatore, Jansen, Trengove)

Rucks - Goldy, Gawn (Cox)

Forwards - Zorko, Martin, Merrett, Deledio, Montagna, Franklin (Menadue, Phillips)

Bully

It seems very strange not being able to discuss trades but that's the way it's panned out with Laird's last minute omission. Untimely is an understatement given I had locked in the Ablett trade on Thursday and was scrambling around to prevent a donut in defence. With the complete picture I would have traded Ablett to Boyd and swung Libba back to M8, leaving one trade for a Dahlhaus inclusion. That wasn't possible and it was Libba for Boyd instead, with Hanners coming in for Gaz. Now with Deledio doubtful I will be relying on rookie scores for the next week or two, not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Anyhow, it was a good week with a 2482 score and I'm now sitting at 212 which is my highest rank for the year. The team is strong apart from the bench, but with zero trades it will be luck from this this point on. The final team is as follows.

Def - Docherty, Shaw, Simpson, Boyd, Bartel, Laird (Collins, Tucker)

Mids - Danger, Pendlebury, Hannebery, Selwood, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, Treloar (Rich, Jansen Trengove)

Rucks - Goldy, Gawn (Cox)

Forwards - Zorko, Martin, Merrett, Montanga, Deledio, Franklin (Menadue, Phillips)

I reckon I was one trade short this year, Jansen to Dahlhaus would have been perfect but that's the way it goes. I still have cash sitting in the bank that will never be used, I guess that's just the price of refusing to eat a donut.

In hindsight was blowing my last trade worth it? Absolutely, even if Deledio is out for the year I have gained 90 points and have finally dealt with Rich. That's worth 200+ points alone. Chances are there will be more speed humps along the way but hopefully no more donuts, top 100 still an outside chance.