Bully's Boys

Started by Bully, February 01, 2016, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Backs - Simpson, Bartel, Rich, B. Smith, M. Brown (Ess), M. Adams   Bench: M. Brown (Eagles), A. Morgan

Midfield - Pendlebury, Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Liberatore, Crouch, Menegola, M. Hibberd    Bench: Gresham, Fiorini, Ahern

Rucks - Goldstein, Naitanui   Bench: Chol

Forwards - Deledio, Martin, Barlow, Leuenberger, Wells, Kerridge (Kommer, Petracca)

Bank - $39,100

Rookies still up in the air but this is the structure I'll be taking in all likelihood. I may replace Barlow with another premo but will wait and see if he has a solid preseason, hopefully he hasn't slowed down too much. Was tempted to pick Shaw but will wait for a dip in price, McVeigh on paper looks a given but no preseason is putting me off. Have picked Leuey as cover for my rucks and to use as a loophole down the track.

ben_020285

Really like this team.

The only thing I would do is trade Wells for a cheap rookie and upgrade Leuey to a keeper.

Bully

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 01, 2016, 09:03:02 PM
Really like this team.

The only thing I would do is trade Wells for a cheap rookie and upgrade Leuey to a keeper.

I see your point and both players are on the watch list, if one goes down both will be omitted. The theory on having both comes down to upside (both have a 90 capability), DPP especially in the ruck and the lack of good forward rookies. Traditionally a premo & rookie combo will yield 160-180 points (100-110 + 60-70), the Wells & Leuey combo should be in the same ball park. It will cost an extra trade but I figure the same may happen if Goldy or Nic Nat have a week on the sidelines. All this is still subject to change depending on preseason form & fitness.

fanTCfool

Would highly recommend spending the extra few dollars to get Mitch King over Chol for loophole purposes

Bully

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 10:19:19 PM
Would highly recommend spending the extra few dollars to get Mitch King over Chol for loophole purposes

Yes good point, I've just gone over the fixture and Richmond has a ridiculous number of early games.

AaronKirk

Excellent side that I cannot fault much at all.

Just one quick query? Do you see Rich doing enough to be a keeper in defense?

He has only gone above 90 once in the last 7 years, being in 2012 where he averaged 90.80.

I know he is training predominately with the midfield group ATM but with his history of being tagged and the number of decent mids at Brisbane do you thing he will be able to lift his output by 5PPG above his career average to be worth starting?

RaisyDaisy

Very similar side to my first draft Bully, but we seem to go with similar structured and styled sides don't we ;)

I've since removed Luey, but will bring him back in if he shows enough during nab - just concerned with his health and spuds he'll be tapping to

enzedder

Quote from: Bully on February 01, 2016, 09:14:32 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on February 01, 2016, 09:03:02 PM
Really like this team.

I see your point and both players are on the watch list, if one goes down both will be omitted. The theory on having both comes down to upside (both have a 90 capability), DPP especially in the ruck and the lack of good forward rookies. Traditionally a premo & rookie combo will yield 160-180 points (100-110 + 60-70), the Wells & Leuey combo should be in the same ball park. It will cost an extra trade but I figure the same may happen if Goldy or Nic Nat have a week on the sidelines. All this is still subject to change depending on preseason form & fitness.
Agree. Both still in my side...to stay or change determined by time and evidence.

Bully

Quote from: AaronKirk on February 02, 2016, 03:31:01 AM
Excellent side that I cannot fault much at all.

Just one quick query? Do you see Rich doing enough to be a keeper in defense?

He has only gone above 90 once in the last 7 years, being in 2012 where he averaged 90.80.

I know he is training predominately with the midfield group ATM but with his history of being tagged and the number of decent mids at Brisbane do you thing he will be able to lift his output by 5PPG above his career average to be worth starting?

It's a fair point and I'm really mulling over this one, every year I predict great things from Rich and he ends up disappointing me. I carried him all through last year and found myself tearing my hair out, such a classy footballer when on song but turns to dust the moment he gets some attention. In a perfect world Hanley gets the tag and Rich is left to roam free, certainly a big if however. I guess the thing that is swaying me on this occasion is the DPP, guys like this are gold when the injuries take their toll.  I've been strongly considering Boyd but he is destined to miss games, this could be costly in the long run.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 02, 2016, 08:19:19 AM
Very similar side to my first draft Bully, but we seem to go with similar structured and styled sides don't we ;)

I've since removed Luey, but will bring him back in if he shows enough during nab - just concerned with his health and spuds he'll be tapping to

Yes Raisy, we started with near identical teams last year yet all my moves were puss and you had the Midas touch, hopefully I return to the top 1000 this year.

Bully

Here's my team if O'Meara hits full fitness.

Backs -  Simpson, Bartel, Rich, B. Smith, M. Hibberd, M. Adams (M. Brown, M. Hartley)

Mids - Pendlebury, Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Liberatore, O'Meara, Crouch, Menegola (Fiorini, Ahern, Freeman)

Rucks - Goldstein, Naitanui (King)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Franklin, Leuenberger, Wells, Kerridge (Kommer, Petracca)

Cash - $900

Ringo

Solid team and structure.  Worth sitting on till NAB cup.
Only real concern for me is Rich -  He is training with the mid group so may not give that run of HB and attract a run with role now which in the past has shown he can not handle.  Has been doing a lot of work with Simon Black in this regard so maybe this may be the season he shakes it but I have been waiting years for it.

Bully

Here's another version with Luey & O"Meara out.

Backs - Simpson, Bartel, Rich, B.Smith, Byrne, Collins (M.Brown W.C., Hartley)

Mids - Pendlebury, Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Wines, Liberatore, Crouch, Menegola (Jansen, Polkinghorne, M.Hibberd)

Rucks - Goldy. Naitanui (D.Wyatt)

Forwards - Martin, Barlow, Franklin, Wells, Kerridge, Petracca (M.Adams, M.Brown Ess.)

Cash - $1,800

Edit: Swapped Cotchin for Wines, have just looked at Port's draw and it's too good to ignore, the extra cash has enabled me to grab M.Brown from the Eagles.

NickyBoy

Definitely loving the Wines pick over Cotchin. Very nice team, i'd wait till NAB starts before changing it again.

Bully

Ok, with Gresham looking good in the intra club match, need some advice as to how to squeeze him in? Note - I will not compromise on my midfield premos.

Gigantor