Main Menu

2015/16 Sheffield Shield

Started by PowerBug, October 27, 2015, 03:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

The Sheffield Shield gets underway tomorrow. All the international options will be playing in Round 1 which is a Day/Night round. Normal things will resume in Round 2 as the test match gets underway.

5 Rounds are playing before Christmas, then we break for the BigBash, and then the final 5 rounds will be after Christmas.

In addition, there is a corresponding D6s competition. nrich102 and BB67th, coaches of the Queensland Koalas, took out the One Day Cup that just finished. If anyone wants to get involved with D6s read around and ask coaches, or just simply be an observer and post in the threads if you are watching the matches :)
Link to Domestic 6s

Shield Fixtures are in here.

nrich102

PowerBug

Superstar bowler.

"Match State: Dinner - Day 1"
Now that's not something you see everyday

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on October 28, 2015, 08:01:45 PM
Superstar bowler.

"Match State: Dinner - Day 1"
Now that's not something you see everyday
I first checked in at Tea, and I'm like "oh shower, final session soon" then I remembered.

I could get used to it though.

PowerBug

Nige

Torpedo10

Quote from: Nige on October 29, 2015, 03:49:17 PM
Holy flower, Mitchell Starc.

:-*

If only I'd captained him over Patto in D6s  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 29, 2015, 04:40:10 PM

Would've been better if you actually named him to start with.

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on October 29, 2015, 06:18:59 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 29, 2015, 04:40:10 PM

Would've been better if you actually named him to start with.
Classic.

Torpedo10

Bill Manspeaker

the birthday hangover Torp? :P

henry

Everyone get the flower around Wade. Declared when they were 125 behind. I rate those sort of tactics, but even I thought that was a bit too much, should have declared only around 50-70 behind. However it was proven an absolute mastestroke, they have now bowled Queensland out for 103, after they made 440 in the first dig! He has turned what a few hours earlier looked destined for a draw with Queensland 440 and Vic 3-300 halfway through day 3, into a very good chance of a Vic win. Attacking captaincy that won't always pay off as it has now, but that has to be applauded.

A further congrats to Travis Dean. He would be feeling a heap of pressure I'm sure, given the guy he was selected for was in the process of scoring 280* odd, but played a magnificent innings on debut definitely looking up to the level, ending on 150 odd not out.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 29, 2015, 08:56:07 PM
the birthday hangover Torp? :P
More like the Birthday hype, I did name the team the night before.  :P

Nige

Quote from: henry on October 30, 2015, 09:31:04 PM
Everyone get the flower around Wade. Declared when they were 125 behind. I rate those sort of tactics, but even I thought that was a bit too much, should have declared only around 50-70 behind. However it was proven an absolute mastestroke, they have now bowled Queensland out for 103, after they made 440 in the first dig! He has turned what a few hours earlier looked destined for a draw with Queensland 440 and Vic 3-300 halfway through day 3, into a very good chance of a Vic win. Attacking captaincy that won't always pay off as it has now, but that has to be applauded.

A further congrats to Travis Dean. He would be feeling a heap of pressure I'm sure, given the guy he was selected for was in the process of scoring 280* odd, but played a magnificent innings on debut definitely looking up to the level, ending on 150 odd not out.
Amen to every bit of this post. I thought he was flowering nuts for doing it, but it turned out to be a brilliant move. Great stuff by the Vics. #vicsdoitbetter  8)

Torpedo10

Quote from: Nige on October 30, 2015, 10:23:22 PM
Quote from: henry on October 30, 2015, 09:31:04 PM

Amen to every bit of this post. I thought he was flowering nuts for doing it, but it turned out to be a brilliant move. Great stuff by the Vics. #vicsdoitbetter  8)