Main Menu

2015/16 Sheffield Shield

Started by PowerBug, October 27, 2015, 03:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

Jesus that's an emphatic win. Dean again scores an unbeaten ton! What an impressive debut, 250 runs without being dismissed lol. Nice to see my man Stoinis amongst the runs after a duck, 60 odd not out.

Who the hell would you drop for Finch? Was looking like Stoinis till that innings, maybe Quiney? But geez he'd be stiff too with a 50 in that innings. Huge selection headache for selectors, and well done to them on selecting Dean

Nige

Amazing effort by the Vics, good luck to the selectors trying to get Finch in, nobody failed.

PowerBug

Sheesh Travis Dean did alright. Unfortunately for him, besides Arthur Morris all the other players to have scored two tons on Shield debut I haven't heard of before and thus probably didn't turn out to be that great :P

Still, farkkkk he played the whole game.

PowerBug

PowerBug

WOW. So Victoria got full points for the abandoned match

Just to explain, in the Shield 6 points go to the winning team, along with bonus points for batting and bowling. (Not sure how this works). A Drawn match has only 1 point go to each team.

This is different than what it used to be, where there was first innings points awarded and then extras if an outright was achieved. This change basically makes for more attacking play and aggressive bowling/declarations.

Nige

As a mad Bushies fan, I'm very happy.  8)

PowerBug

This is pretty big news too:

"The remaining Shield matches scheduled at the SCG this season - against Tasmania from November 14 and Queensland from November 27 - have been moved to Bankstown Oval."

I have an idea, let's move the New Years test to Adelaide Oval whilst we are at it 8)

PowerBug

The other two shield matches are really close! QLD vs TAS could have all three results and SA look like they might chase down the total WA set them but it's the Redbacks so a loss is always a possibility!

PowerBug

8 runs to get, 2 wickets to get. SA vs WA going down to the wire! Mennie and Richardson batting, Behrendorff and Hogan bowling with a ball that's 6 overs old.

PowerBug

PowerBug

REDBACKS YOU RIPPPERRRRRR JOE MENNIE SUPERSTAR!@!!!!

T Dog

Nige

WORLD RECORD! Travis Dean has broken the record for the most runs to begin a first-class career without being dismissed!

Nige

Also grats to Aaron Ayre on debuting at the expense of Matty Wade suffering an unfortunate injury.

Nige

Maxi top scores for the Vics with 98.