WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on November 03, 2015, 12:41:06 PM
N12 + Hrovat could possibly be on the table atm. Looking for a decent mid
Will throw up JLloyd as well for a better mid

RaisyDaisy

Shaun Grigg (90avg 27 year old) and Liam Picken (100 avg 29 year old) can possibly be traded

We just need to reduce our cap, so would want best 22 mids in return, either younger and or lower averaging with lower cap points

These guys are great starting Utilities, and possibly M4 for some teams

Also, Jesse White and Sam Fisher are available for lower cap point replacements too

Purple 77

Been off the forum for a couple days just so I can focus on my last exam and to take a breather from "the drama", so shall get to everyone that has PMed me eventually.

Once the drafting period is over, and everything goes somewhat quiet, I'm feeling like I'll put the trade voting system up to a vote; seeing as there has been an influx of complaining.

What I will say though, is that I will GUARANTEE there would be complaining at whatever the system we use, so I'm like, if that's the case, why not just keep it as is? Maybe it's our attitudes that should change?

The complaining about trades really showers me tbh. The effort that goes behind that complaining would be more than enough to go away and fix your trade in no time. The whole song and dance by some I just don't get; renegotiating trades just shouldn't create a fuss, and all this moaning and negativity is totally unnecessary and has a deflating effect to be part of the comp.

But any-ways, moving on, the trade period only has 9 days left  :o :o :o very curious to see how a few teams have changed their line-ups over the last month  :)

Toga

Wtf, I thought Picken was like 23-24 for some reason! :P

Holz

Quote from: Toga on November 06, 2015, 05:45:36 PM

oops so did it. i thought he was like 26-27

dont worry about my PM RD.

Ricochet

And ppl worry that the return of Libba will affect Wallis... There's a few older boys in that Bullies group that will move on soon

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 06, 2015, 05:45:03 PM
Been off the forum for a couple days just so I can focus on my last exam and to take a breather from "the drama", so shall get to everyone that has PMed me eventually.

Once the drafting period is over, and everything goes somewhat quiet, I'm feeling like I'll put the trade voting system up to a vote; seeing as there has been an influx of complaining.

What I will say though, is that I will GUARANTEE there would be complaining at whatever the system we use, so I'm like, if that's the case, why not just keep it as is? Maybe it's our attitudes that should change?

The complaining about trades really showers me tbh. The effort that goes behind that complaining would be more than enough to go away and fix your trade in no time. The whole song and dance by some I just don't get; renegotiating trades just shouldn't create a fuss, and all this moaning and negativity is totally unnecessary and has a deflating effect to be part of the comp.

But any-ways, moving on, the trade period only has 9 days left  :o :o :o very curious to see how a few teams have changed their line-ups over the last month  :)

Ill just say two things as dont want to cause any more drama.

1. I reckon there will be far far less complaining if one person rejects trades and they can renegotiate with that person quickly and painlessly. When you have no clue who is rejecting and when its conflicting thats the frustrating part.

2. Negotiating is tough in many instances, I was just told that I lost too much in my past deal..  Then the other coaches pulls out of the deal even without me asking for more and I even offer to give more and they still walk away. This has happened 3-4 times to me in the past 2 years and really hurt my team.

Its also tough to be told your losing then need to take more when you think its a fair deal and dont want to rip the other person off. 

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 06, 2015, 05:47:39 PM

Like I said, if Kieran Jack and Hrovat are worth Pick 2, then Picken should be worth Pick 5 from you ;)

In regards to the voting I think there are 3 solutions:

1. Only Admin votes
2. A Review Committee of 5 coaches, voted on by the rest of the coaches as the 5 they think are the most unbiased and can value trades without an inkling of an agenda or bias, are formed to vote on all trades (Requiring 3 from 5 to pass/neg)
3. Keep as is

And yes, if Option 2 was ever considered I believe I am a solid choice :) (Would not want people outside of WXV voting)

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:31:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 06, 2015, 05:47:39 PM

Like I said, if Kieran Jack and Hrovat are worth Pick 2, then Picken should be worth Pick 5 from you ;)

if Picken had multiple seasons of averaging 100+ and was a chance of DPP then I agree

Purple 77

Yeah - this committee outside of WXVs to judge on trades is impossible btw.

They would need to not be a coach of a team, understand how WXVs works and have a working knowledge of the teams involved.

How many coaches are passionate enough to do that, that aren't already part of WXVs? Not enough to make a committee IMO.

Even say if I was deciding on all the trades by myself, I guarantee you I would get the hate of allowing some trades through and not allowing other trades through. I don't want to have face the full brunt of other peoples crap, to be honest.

RaisyDaisy

Potato Potata  :-*

So once the trade period ends, we go to the NAT draft and then the Rookie/PSD draft and then we lodge our list of 40 + rookies right?

And we can pass on our picks in NAT/Rookie&PSD drafts too right?

kilbluff1985

u say the complaining will be just as bad

but

the admin system works fairly well in other comps and tbh way less drama

GoLions

I'll put my hand up to neg all of RD's trades if needed

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 06, 2015, 06:45:44 PM
Even say if I was deciding on all the trades by myself, I guarantee you I would get the hate of allowing some trades through and not allowing other trades through. I don't want to have face the full brunt of other peoples crap, to be honest.

Then go with Option 2 I posted

The 18 teams vote on the 5 coaches they want to form as the committee voting on all trades.

Would you be yourself + 4 more coaches

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GoLions on November 06, 2015, 06:49:37 PM
I'll put my hand up to neg all of RD's trades if needed

Sorry, only coaches can vote :P