WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on October 01, 2015, 11:04:31 PM
the guy just does not smile and it's depressing so he has got to go.
I think this is what has irked me this whole time about Jamie Elliott haha.

kilbluff1985

could be wrong but think he smiling here

Hellopplz

That's like half a smile :P.

And an update on Lynch, have had slow talks with Daz but shall get to some offers tonight that are out of contention :-X.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 01, 2015, 11:31:09 PM
That's like half a smile :P.

And an update on Lynch, have had slow talks with Daz but shall get to some offers tonight that are out of contention :-X.
yeah sorry guys been a big week at work will catch up with you Dom more over the weekend to thrash some stuff out ;)

Purple 77

That's all the coaches. All trades pass, officially.

Trade 34 (0 votes)
Cape Town trade: Nick Haynes + Cameron McCarthy
Seoul trade: Trent McKenzie + Lukas Webb

Trade 35 (1 vote)
Christchurch trade: Liam Picken
New York trade: Leigh Montagna

Trade 36 (1 vote)
Seoul trade: Lachlan Keeffe
Rio de Janeiro trade:  Pick 61

Trade 37 (2 votes)
Berlin trade: Dale Thomas, Jack Grimes, Rory Atkins, Pick 35 + Pick 53
Tokyo trade: Chris Yarran + Pick 10

Trade 38 (0 votes)
Dublin trade: Tom Liberatore + Pick 18
Berlin trade: Adam Treloar

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2015, 08:58:17 AM
3 coaches are now talking to us about our top picks 1 and 2. If your interested in one (or maybe 2) then now would be the time because they will only increase in value the closer we get to the draft!
Chatting to Ele and looking to finalise this soon with 2 offers about par of each other. if you want in, now is the time

meow meow

One day down and there has been reasonably solid interest/offers from 3 clubs for Elliott, strong interest from another but no offer at this point, with mild interest from another one.

At this stage it looks like I will be accepting a pick/picks as the meat of the deal since nobody wants to offer a decent player for a 23 year old forward who averaged 79.1 unsubbed this year (didn't have a full preseason and had a back niggle half way through) and 87.4 unsubbed last year. All people see is his 76.6 average but that's not what he is worth.

Elliott averaged 85.8 over the first 10 rounds then hurt his back. I'm not imagining it, it was reported at the time and it led to him missing games later.

Carried the injury and scored 46, 45, 36, 74.

Then had two weeks rest and got over his niggle, came back as the green sub and scored 29 in a quarter. Then across the last five matches scored 92, 102, 74, 89, 85 at an average of 88.4

You know he's an 85+ ave forward and you know you want him.

Hellopplz

Not PNL, he'd just crack the bench for us :P.

kilbluff1985

i love how well you talk him up meow should be a salesman

Holz

Ill pass meow no place for spuds on my squad
F7 at best

meow meow

Haha just stating the facts mate. I find it amusing when some coaches chase a player and clearly want them, all they seem to do is point out the negatives. I'm just trying to counter that.

Take out the games where he was clearly injured and his sub game and he averaged 86.7 on the back of an unsubbed 87.4 last year. I'm valuing him as an 80-85 player and think I am being realistic if not generous, all in the quest of getting a 90-95 midfielder that are apparently a dime a dozen.

I'm willing to add a second and third round pick on top of that too if the mid has a little more scope for improvement and those picks aren't worth nothing. Hell, I'd be happy to fill my entire list with 2nd round picks like Kyle Langford, Toby McLean, Caleb Daniel and Tuok Miller. Or Riley Bonner, Jade Gresham and Mitchell Hibberd. The draft isn't that bad people!

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on October 02, 2015, 09:31:51 PM
Or Riley Bonner, Jade Gresham and Mitchell Hibberd. The draft isn't that bad people!
Keep 'em on the down low will ya, meow.  :P

meow meow

Actually, I lie. The draft is shower and your picks outside of the top 5 are almost worthless.

I'd be super generous and take a pick for Nathan Freeman.

Hrovat could also move for a lousy pick.

As could Jeff Garlett.

Clay Smith? Out you go too. (should be M/F)

Ryan Lester? If I get fair value for you in the form of a pick, you're gone too. (should be M/F)

Thanks for being the only ruckman that I need Wilbur, go to another AFL team and go to another WXV team for a pick.

Joel Patfull you are gone too, I'd accept a pick that I won't even use for you.

Jake Lever? Pick 16 last year can be upgraded to a pick inside the top 8 this year, who I'll upgrade again for a top 3 pick the year after. Or a gun player who only has a few years left.

vandenBerg? The placement of the capital letter in your name is ridiculous. Be gone.

Ben Reid? Your DPP flexibility is unneeded.

Harris Andrews was a rookie pick for me but I could be swayed into swapping him for a top 10 pick this year. I'll just keep doing that over and over and slay the WXV competition in no time.

Ricochet

McKernan... Pick 92 last year, pick 12 this year

meow is a wizard

meow meow

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2015, 10:22:50 PM
McKernan... Pick 92 last year, pick 12 this year

meow is a wizard

That one has got to get past the trade vote still :P