Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: _wato on December 09, 2015, 11:13:05 PM
Myers a walk up start? Interesting, what do you see him scoring fantasy wise?

And I could see Parish playing Round 1, kid is a jet.

Myers is barring terrible form he will have competition from guys like Langford

he can go 80+ easily imo i have him in my fanplanner team cant resist for 200k looking at him as a high priced roookie

Football Factory

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 10, 2015, 03:37:20 AM
Quote from: _wato on December 09, 2015, 11:13:05 PM
Myers a walk up start? Interesting, what do you see him scoring fantasy wise?

And I could see Parish playing Round 1, kid is a jet.

Myers is barring terrible form he will have competition from guys like Langford

he can go 80+ easily imo i have him in my fanplanner team cant resist for 200k looking at him as a high priced roookie

See what happens but I think he's in our best 22, injuries have have been a problem obviously. He has a massive kick on him and can be a real weapon. If he gets named round 1 it will be too hard for me to ignore at 200k just needs 4-6 games to make a quick 100-150k then upgrade.

H1bb3i2d

I think Myers is our 3rd best inside mid behind Watson and Hocking, uses his body really well at the stoppages. His left boot is pretty crafty too. An automatic selection in my eyes

Drak

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on December 14, 2015, 01:20:28 PM
I think Myers is our 3rd best inside mid behind Watson and Hocking, uses his body really well at the stoppages. His left boot is pretty crafty too. An automatic selection in my eyes

Jobe > Heppell > Hocking

Id even go as far as to say Heppell has overtaken Jobe

Myers isn't terrible, but he isn't as fast has Howlett or Z Merrett. He's stronger thats about it. Watch Parish. Not very big, but just finds the footy and his hands are mental good. Smallest inside mid you'll ever see.

Drak

The Age put up a best 22. But I reckon Parish is a certain starter even in the side with our banned players

B: Baggs, Gwilt, Brown

HB: Gleeson,  Hartley, Dempsey

C: Z Merrett, Brendon Goddard, David Zaharakis

HF: J Merrett, Shaun McKernan, Patrick Ambrose

F: Nick Kommer, Joe Daniher, Jayden Laverde

Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Adam Cooney, Craig Bird

Inter: Kyle Langford, Orazio Fantasia, Darcy Parish, Shaun Edwards

Emerg: Aaron Francis, Conor McKenna, Ashby

Thoughts on Bombers giving one year contracts back to Obrien, Brown and Kavanagh?

Drak

Purple77 made a good point about delisted or retired players from last year.

Pretty decent names there

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Drak on January 12, 2016, 11:24:21 AM

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw

Be interesting to see what they do even if they're given the option. Realistically, their season is dead, top up players or not. They presumably have to keep paying players salaries, even if they are banned. There's whatever current legal expenses they have, plus the possibility of action against the club by players. This is already a costly fiasco for them, do they really want to be throwing more money at players for a year that won't make much difference to the result?? Without knowing the books it seems like a pointless black hole to me.

Holz

Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 12, 2016, 11:41:38 AM

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw

Be interesting to see what they do even if they're given the option. Realistically, their season is dead, top up players or not. They presumably have to keep paying players salaries, even if they are banned. There's whatever current legal expenses they have, plus the possibility of action against the club by players. This is already a costly fiasco for them, do they really want to be throwing more money at players for a year that won't make much difference to the result?? Without knowing the books it seems like a pointless black hole to me.

You really should get a few big bodied VFL players to protect the kids then develop your youth going forward.

Parish
Francis
Morgan
Redman
Eades
Hartley

should all get plenty of games. take a positive from a big negative.

knowing essendon they will probably recruit a bunch of old guys finish 10th and stay irrelevant for another 10 years.

T Dog

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw

Sponsors and fans ...they just have to do something to keep their sponsors and fans 

Drak

Quote from: T Dog on January 12, 2016, 11:46:54 AM

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw

Sponsors and fans ...they just have to do something to keep their sponsors and fans 

Bomber fans have become pretty resilient. Bombers will be selling the shower out of their kids to try and promote some semblance of optimism.

Its the sponsors that will have no option if the pressure is too much. Compounding an already astronomically engorged black hole of fines, debts, legal fees, player payments, future civil actions, top up salaries.... omfg... this is seriously disaster for one of the strongest clubs in the AFL.

RiOtChEsS

putting a positive spin on it... cash cows, cash cows everywhere ;)

Drak

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 12, 2016, 01:53:03 PM
putting a positive spin on it... cash cows, cash cows everywhere ;)

Is it bad as a true bombers supporter, that was my immediate thought....

Barra13

AFL has confirmed EFC can top-up and promote all its rookies. Melbourne, PA and, St Kilda and Bulldogs can only upgrade rookies with immediate effect.

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-12/what-essendons-round-one-team-might-look-like

Interesting article which also lists quite a few de-listed retired players that may be used as top ups headed by Brian Lake.

Grufflez

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw

Is there any point? give all the young guys a run.