Season 2: T20 Trophy (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, November 29, 2016, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 12, 2017, 11:21:36 PM
McDermott with the Wombats carry, unbelievable efforts so far.
I reckon that along with Bailey they'll get a W here!!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

you've got to flowering kidding me with this shower.  >:(

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2017, 11:30:13 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 12, 2017, 11:21:36 PM
McDermott with the Wombats carry, unbelievable efforts so far.
I reckon that along with Bailey they'll get a W here!!
Not just will they win, the win will be so big I think the Possims might have a cause for concern!!

PowerBug

And that'll send the Devils through to the finals!!

Cockatoos in trouble!

Nige

PowerBug

Kangaroos have won I think, Platypuses are going to sneak over the line too. This is insane anything could happen here.

Nige

I'm gonna sound like a really flowering salty and sore loser but can we please have harsher penalties for teams that aren't named correctly or don't have the adequate numbers?

A regular cricket team can't get away with fielding less than XI, especially when the other team does their best to do so, I don't see why this should be too much different, especialy when we're required to name less players anyway.

BratPack

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2017, 11:46:52 PM
Kangaroos have won I think, Platypuses are going to sneak over the line too. This is insane anything could happen here.

I'd take a couple of insurance runs/points from Broad just to be safe nonetheless

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2017, 10:39:04 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on January 12, 2017, 07:19:08 PM
We're going to get a win!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Q Koalas 267 vs T Devils 195 live scores. Narine gets a few wickets and your words will have to be eaten :o

And it'll make the loser of Kangaroos/Cockatoos miss the 4!!
Then Cooper and Narine arrived

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on January 12, 2017, 11:47:48 PM
I'm gonna sound like a really flowering salty and sore loser but can we please have harsher penalties for teams that aren't named correctly or don't have the adequate numbers?

A regular cricket team can't get away with fielding less than XI, especially when the other team does their best to do so, I don't see why this should be too much different, especialy when we're required to name less players anyway.
Obviously willing to discuss everything and I think this crossed my mind earlier in the tournament when Torp won that 4 vs 8, but my initial thoughts are that the team is punished enough for having less players to get points from. If people can see a reason to hand out a penalty too (points or cash penalty?) then I'll happily introduce one.

Scores and ladders coming up asap :)

PowerBug

HOLY SMOKE I JUST COMPLETELY BRUSHED OVER SOMETHING HUGE REGARDING THIS WEEKS GAMES!! THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T CONSIDER AS A POSSIBILITY ACTUALLY JUST HAPPENED

BratPack

Quote from: PowerBug on January 13, 2017, 12:19:25 AM
HOLY SMOKE I JUST COMPLETELY BRUSHED OVER SOMETHING HUGE REGARDING THIS WEEKS GAMES!! THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T CONSIDER AS A POSSIBILITY ACTUALLY JUST HAPPENED

Yeah no one else gave Queensland a chance either  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: BratPack on January 13, 2017, 12:26:00 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 13, 2017, 12:19:25 AM

Yeah no one else gave Queensland a chance either  :P
It's not Queensland, it's bigger than that!

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on January 13, 2017, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: Nige on January 12, 2017, 11:47:48 PM

Obviously willing to discuss everything and I think this crossed my mind earlier in the tournament when Torp won that 4 vs 8, but my initial thoughts are that the team is punished enough for having less players to get points from. If people can see a reason to hand out a penalty too (points or cash penalty?) then I'll happily introduce one.

Scores and ladders coming up asap :)

Your punishment for not fielding 8 players is you don't get to field 8 players IMO. This week was tough on everyone. 2 BBL teams had byes, no teams had a DGW, and the 14 man ODI squad became unavailable (and only a couple of days after said squad was announced). Add into that normal unexpected injuries/players getting dropped and it's very reasonable that we struggled to field full teams. In fact only 66 players played BBL this round, so if everyone fielded the bare minimum 8 players, there'd have been 2 players leftover! Cutting it very fine indeed.

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on January 13, 2017, 12:28:36 AM
Your punishment for not fielding 8 players is you don't get to field 8 players IMO. This week was tough on everyone. 2 BBL teams had byes, no teams had a DGW, and the 14 man ODI squad became unavailable (and only a couple of days after said squad was announced). Add into that normal unexpected injuries/players getting dropped and it's very reasonable that we struggled to field full teams. In fact only 66 players played BBL this round, so if everyone fielded the bare minimum 8 players, there'd have been 2 players leftover! Cutting it very fine indeed.
Last season we had longer rounds, which was why 8 players were named for the BBL. But with 3 game rounds I think we should seriously look into dropping it down to 7 or 6. I only just realised this after reading Nige's post, although I did have the T20 format in my list of things to discuss in last offseason, but we never got around to it.