Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesels Pups

Quote from: Ricochet on May 28, 2015, 09:55:03 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 27, 2015, 10:49:31 PM
Matt what can you tell us about Bradley Walsh

honza seems hyped for him
WA kid. Can play a bit, not sure how he's being going in the VFL though
Been playing well the last 3 weeks, haven't seen him play, but been keeping an eye on the stats and he's being named in the best.

kilbluff1985

interesting so could get a shot soon

Mat0369

I am surprised both Hendo and Walker got up. Graham needs to play a full game, I don't mind the Carrots in because you can't play all kids and he will help Graham and Cripps out with direction on the field

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 28, 2015, 08:01:27 PM
I am surprised both Hendo and Walker got up. Graham needs to play a full game, I don't mind the Carrots in because you can't play all kids and he will help Graham and Cripps out with direction on the field
Exactly mate well said. Sometimes in times like this some supporters just say "play all the kids" but if you don't have experience around them guiding them, then they won't learn, and they'll actually go backwards

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on May 29, 2015, 08:29:10 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 28, 2015, 08:01:27 PM
Exactly mate well said. Sometimes in times like this some supporters just say "play all the kids" but if you don't have experience around them guiding them, then they won't learn, and they'll actually go backwards

Yep - Just look at what happened to Melbourne during the Bailey era

Mat0369

blue

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 29, 2015, 02:49:30 PM
I got my membership today.
I need a new one, my last one got broken a few weeks ago

powersuperkents

Going to be pretty annoyed if Carlton have an excessive amount of taggers tonight - Malthouse who never tagged with Collingwood developed an unhealthy habit at Carlton.

Hopefully when Whiley breaks back into the team we can all see him run free (ball magnet) :)

Mat0369

Quote from: blue on May 29, 2015, 07:32:46 PM
I need a new one, my last one got broken a few weeks ago

They are sending it in the mail to me next week. If it's not there I can get a ticket from gate 3

Mat0369

While we lost there was a bit to take away from tonight. Obviously we are missing some class and that was obvious in the forward 50 entries and the disposal efficiency. The good thing though is when they made a mistake they busted their asses and tried to make up for it. Bell is probably the perfect example of this, screwed up a few times by hand or foot but went at it hard and did what he could to win the ball back. While it was a big margin in the end the game seemed a lot closer then the scores. Sydney were the better team, but it didn't feel like a 10 goal defeat. Cripps and Graham were both good in the middle. While Graham's disposal number might not be high, he did win a lot of possessions and was either wrapped up or it was knocked loose not resulting in a disposal. Buckley was great when he came on as well. I would love to see all three play out the rest of the year. I think to fit Graham into the rotation in the middle it might be best if we have a play 3 rest one with Carrots and Judd to get them through the year.

I am not going to focus on the negatives tonight but a few of the injuries are disappointing and hopefully they aren't too serious with Yaz and Menz. If we can keep up the effort against some of the lower end sides we will probably snag a couple of wins. While this might not be great in terms of draft position wins are great for the morale of a group bereft of confidence. You can see it when guys that normally hit targets are just struggling. It says either confidence or injury.

powersuperkents

Considering Judd, Gibbs, & Murphy were all out, I think Carlton played well. Disregarding the score line and the periods in which Sydney dominated play, it was really competitive and Carlton played with a tenacity that we hadn't seen this season.

Really strong effort, I think removing Malthouse looks like the first step in the right direction. Liam Jones really has to go though, he shouldn't even be playing at AFL level and I can't imagine any club (even Carlton) wanting him - just doubtful potential.

RiOtChEsS

They played with endeavour, I enjoyed seeing an honest effort.

fanTCfool

Mick seemed to have some sort of grudge against Dylan Buckley, and while it was never officially noted, it was obviously there.
Now that Mick has been moved on, will we be seeing more of Dylan? In my opinion, he is the sort of player we need to be nurturing, as he makes up the future generation and could be a 150+ games player if the potential he possesses is tapped into. Thoughts on chance of Buckley games throughout rest of season (will he dodge the vest?) and of him as a player?

powersuperkents

Quote from: fanTCfool on May 30, 2015, 10:12:58 PM
Mick seemed to have some sort of grudge against Dylan Buckley, and while it was never officially noted, it was obviously there.
Now that Mick has been moved on, will we be seeing more of Dylan? In my opinion, he is the sort of player we need to be nurturing, as he makes up the future generation and could be a 150+ games player if the potential he possesses is tapped into. Thoughts on chance of Buckley games throughout rest of season (will he dodge the vest?) and of him as a player?

Could it have had something to do with Dylan's father, Jim Buckley? Jim & Mick were playing at Carlton and Richmond, respectively, around the same time period.

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 30, 2015, 10:20:47 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on May 30, 2015, 10:12:58 PM

Could it have had something to do with Dylan's father, Jim Buckley? Jim & Mick were playing at Carlton and Richmond, respectively, around the same time period.

It'd have to be a pretty hardcore grudge to pass it onto his kid so many years later.