Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on October 21, 2013, 02:01:33 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 21, 2013, 01:59:30 PM
With all the picks you're getting for guys like Karnezis and Longer, I'm sure you'll nab him.  :P
Is he even going to the draft? There was some word we'd take him through the academy, but we took Jono Freeman instead :)
Not sure tbh.

Toga

What's actually happening with Karny? Haven't heard a thing about him.

I know we were interested last year but I dunno if we could give him much opportunity with our forwards shaping up as they are...

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 21, 2013, 02:10:05 PM
With all the picks you're getting for guys like Karnezis and Longer, I'm sure you'll nab him.  :P
Is he even going to the draft? There was some word we'd take him through the academy, but we took Jono Freeman instead :)
Not sure tbh.
Archie Smith will be in the draft - He went to the combine and was on of the top performers in the vertical leap tests - (Best vertical leap of left leg which may have some of the scouts looking at him). We are only allowed one academy selection and nominated Johnathan Freeman which we will take with our 5th round pick after Adelaide indicated they would take him with their pick. I am hoping we take him especially with losing Longer.

Ringo

Quote from: Toga on October 21, 2013, 02:25:00 PM

I know we were interested last year but I dunno if we could give him much opportunity with our forwards shaping up as they are...
Think Brisbane once they sort out picks for Yeo, Longer, Docherty and Polec will try and package Karnezis and a pick for a player.  May be wrong but that is how I am reading it. Pies still reportedly interested in him. I would entertain a straight swap with Keefe allowing Keefe to return to Qld (Homesickness in reverse)

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2013, 02:31:02 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 21, 2013, 02:25:00 PM

Think Brisbane once they sort out picks for Yeo, Longer, Docherty and Polec will try and package Karnezis and a pick for a player.  May be wrong but that is how I am reading it. Pies still reportedly interested in him. I would entertain a straight swap with Keefe allowing Keefe to return to Qld (Homesickness in reverse)

Almost certain I read something this morning about Karny being traded for a pick (can't remember which one).

Nige

Found it.

The Age are reporting that Patrick Karnezis will be traded to Collingwood for either 49 or 67.

- AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News

Toga

Dunno why he'd wanna go to Collingwood though TBH... Don't see him getting too much more opportunity there..

Ringo

Kerr made it clear he was not interested in Lower picks so maybe further negotiations will need to take place imo. He wants high picks or players which I suspect Karny maybe a package. Karny will not want to walk to PSD wher he will be at mercy of other clubs but in saying that need to get best tennancy we can for him.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on October 21, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
Dunno why he'd wanna go to Collingwood though TBH... Don't see him getting too much more opportunity there..
Yeah, I doubt he will get too many games there.

I don't think anyone else is too interested in him though.

He'd probably get more game time at the Lions, but he wants to go home... so eh.

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2013, 02:42:35 PM
Kerr made it clear he was not interested in Lower picks so maybe further negotiations will need to take place imo. He wants high picks or players which I suspect Karny maybe a package.

I know the Lions want higher picks, and have every right to feel hard done by... but if they don't accept the deals, regardless of the picks they're receiving, their players could just enter the PSD.

Ringo

Agree Nigey but just saying we need the best offer we possibly can for him.  Unlike Longer Karny is sticking with Pies as his preferred club so we just have to get the best offer possible from Pies.

meow meow

With the departure of Dale Thomas, the Pies have a spot for a hard running outside mid. Dwyer can fill this position but if Karny can get his act together he might get a gig. His value has dropped significantly since being drafted so I can't see the Lions getting anything more than #49 for him.

nrich102

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2013, 02:28:11 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 21, 2013, 02:10:05 PM
Not sure tbh.
Archie Smith will be in the draft - He went to the combine and was on of the top performers in the vertical leap tests - (Best vertical leap of left leg which may have some of the scouts looking at him). We are only allowed one academy selection and nominated Johnathan Freeman which we will take with our 5th round pick after Adelaide indicated they would take him with their pick. I am hoping we take him especially with losing Longer.
Here he is - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/archie-smith

strikes91

collingwood traded pick 49, might have to pinch their 44

Vinny

Come on! Docherty deal taking ages :P

Seal it!

Mailman the 2nd

I think Brisbane is still wondering where it's all gone wrong