Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

I don't think we will see all of Brown, McGuane, Lisle, Staker and Martin/Michael in a team.

Staker is all set to stay as well from what I have read. Apparently Carlton have seen that he is a required player at Brisbane and don't really want to trade for him. So we will be keeping Staker.

I think the 22 will look something like this

Clarke Merrett Patfull
Golby Maguire  Adcock
Rich Rockliff Hanley
Mayes Lisle/Martin Zorko
Green Brown McGuane
Berger Reddan Moloney
Staker Black Raines Beams

I also think Michael is still a year or two off being ready for a full AFL season. Lisle or Martin are left to play second ruck if we go with this, which means that Berger will have to spend just about the full game in the ruck. That's why we should have played Longer more and used the two ruckmen like Nic Nat and Cox. Berger is a good mark and can play well up forward, I hope he can get down there a bit more.

Ringo

Sauce can also pinch hit in the ruck. Agree 100% on your comments on Longer BB and I have said on numerous occasions that Voss should have persevered with the Berger/Longer combo especially as there was talk of the capped interchange early in the season. The 2 games they played together Berger presented an alternative Marking option up front and duly converted, Is an extremely accurate kick for goal as well unlike Longer or Michael. maybe if Voss had done this we would still have Longer.

Reports that Polkinghorne is having a change of heart and may stay.

nrich102

Trade Radio ‏@traderadio 1m
OFFICIAL: Brisbane has taken Johnathan Freeman as an Academy pick with its rd4 pick (currently 59). Matched Adelaide's rd3 bid (42)

:D Freeman Is Ours :D

Ringo

Interesting that Adelaide would bid the first legitimate draft selection in pick 42 for freeman though.  Happy that he is staying and no doubt we will have additional picks prior to 59 anyway when trade period ends.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 05, 2013, 12:36:58 PM

If he does stay, I hope he gets game time. Think he fell out of favour with Vossy.

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 07, 2013, 12:11:04 PM

If he does stay, I hope he gets game time. Think he fell out of favour with Vossy.
He was one of Vossys pets though Nigey and was probably played longer than he should have.  Mayes virtually replaced him when Voss finally dropped him and we know what Mayes did. Has not really reached full potential and will be hard to see him playing games with Brisbanes Midfield depth - Bench spot at best. And with Zorko and Green small forawrds can not see him breaking in there either,

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 07, 2013, 12:19:21 PM

He was one of Vossys pets though Nigey and was probably played longer than he should have.  Mayes virtually replaced him when Voss finally dropped him and we know what Mayes did. Has not really reached full potential and will be hard to see him playing games with Brisbanes Midfield depth - Bench spot at best. And with Zorko and Green small forawrds can not see him breaking in there either,
If that's the case, please find a new home Polka!

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 07, 2013, 12:23:39 PM

Just my opinion though Nigey.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 07, 2013, 12:25:48 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 07, 2013, 12:23:39 PM

Just my opinion though Nigey.
Fair enough, hopefully Leppa can find a place for him. Has talent.

Ricochet

Brissie talking to Hawks about Longer later this arvo. Expecting Hawk's first pick and something else

Ringo

Was interesting listening to Kerr on Trade Radio. Also on what is required for Yeo as well leaving door open to Freo as well.
Summarising Kerrs  Longer 1st Round Pick, with 2nd Round Picks for Yeo, Docherty, Polec, Karnezis,

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2013, 02:31:13 PM
Brissie talking to Hawks about Longer later this arvo. Expecting Hawk's first pick and something else
You'd think that since they're getting the Buddy compo pick that they will part with one of those two picks for Longer.

Ricochet

Carlton and Bulldogs leading candidates for Docherty

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2013, 02:45:10 PM
Carlton and Bulldogs leading candidates for Docherty
Did nominate Carlton as his club of choice I think though.

Ringo

This is why Brisbane is screwed a little If we can not come to agreement with Carlton Docherty will go to the Draft and will be picked up by Bulldogs for nothing. So we need to try and get what we can for him.