2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2021, 01:58:01 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 20, 2021, 01:46:12 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2021, 01:42:52 PM
If Gawn scores similarly to Grundy today, SC forums are going to be lit.

I'm having a sense of deja vu, pretty sure this happened a few seasons back when they changed the scoring to HOTA. By round two it was business as usual.

I just can't see any ruck being better than Gawn and not many better than Grundy, even if their averages do drop considerably.

Suppose it all depends on next week for Grundy pants, a first week stinker not the end of the world but if he looks like shedding 150k then a correction trade might be the order of the day.

piesfan1989

Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2021, 01:42:52 PM
If Gawn scores similarly to Grundy today, SC forums are going to be lit.

I bloody hope so for several reasons;
- I ended up starting Flynn, Hunter & Meek on the bench (No premo rucks)
- Grundy stunk it up, hopefully Gawn does
- Heaps of people would've set Gawn as Captain

tor01doc

Flynn Hunter and Meek (E) too.

May just pay off.

As long as it doesn’t totally backfire then it will have been fun anyway.

upthemaidens

Gawn 93 vs 1st gamer Meek is not a great sign

tor01doc

Mat0369

Meek scored about 15 points in 3.5 quarters. The score from Gawn isn't ideal but he ended up scoring about 97 points in three quarters essentially after being at -4 for the majority of the first 

Luke Jackson and the Dees set up may be a killer. He did barely any ruck work in the offensive forward 50

Mat0369

Quote from: tor01doc on March 20, 2021, 05:31:17 PM
Is it the new rules?

No. His hitouts weren't clean (Dees midfield was getting smashed in the CC's), he was barely venturing into the forward 50 to set up a kick behind the play and some of his hitouts he just smashed the ball to try and clear space and it was ending up with the Freo players.

Not rucking in the forward 50 may hurt his scoring quite a bit because those are potential hits directly to goals.

RaisyDaisy

Not worried at all

Gawn was 20 odd at 1/2 time, so finishing on 93 was great

bkimm32

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 05:35:07 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 20, 2021, 05:31:17 PM
Is it the new rules?

No. His hitouts weren't clean (Dees midfield was getting smashed in the CC's), he was barely venturing into the forward 50 to set up a kick behind the play and some of his hitouts he just smashed the ball to try and clear space and it was ending up with the Freo players.

Not rucking in the forward 50 may hurt his scoring quite a bit because those are potential hits directly to goals.

Gawn was actually really nice with his hit outs. I lost count of how many times he put it down Oliver’s throat. He wasn’t his usual self around the ground imo. Him being forward means he couldn’t take defensive marks down the line off the opposition like we are so use to seeing him doing.

I feel he only took one intercept mark, I’m not sure what his average was last season but it’d have to be 3 or 4 for sure?

Ringo

Finally we have 2 rucks breaking the ton to show it is still possible. Only issue very few would have had Hickey or Big O

IntegralX

Quote from: Ringo on March 21, 2021, 09:30:06 AM
Finally we have 2 rucks breaking the ton to show it is still possible. Only issue very few would have had Hickey or Big O

I had Big O in my very early drafts so that stung a little bit if I’m being honest. Grundy definitely on notice.

Gavdroid

Flynn ankle, hopefully not serious he was killing it

Mat0369

He is my R2 so I may go cry now

Gavdroid

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 21, 2021, 06:22:41 PM
He is my R2 so I may go cry now
Mine too
He's back on!......maybe?

bkimm32

Early days but 3 rookie ruck strategy could be huge

I made a team for my wife and used this strategy (was too person to do it myself) and her teams looks tenfold the team mine does.