2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 22, 2021, 09:47:10 AM
Early days but 3 rookie ruck strategy could be huge

I made a team for my wife and used this strategy (was too person to do it myself) and her teams looks tenfold the team mine does.

3 rookie ruck looks like a bust

Hunter and Meek were poor, and are every chance to get dropped soon

RaisyDaisy

https://twitter.com/FantasyFreako/status/1373751470168834048

The Melbourne vs Fremantle match had the 2nd fewest stoppages of any match for the round. The GWS vs St Kilda game had the most. Gawn vs Flynn.

Translation: Gawn's 93 was his floor and don't expect Flynn to go 140 most weeks hehe

For those who started Gawn Flynn as R1 R2, well done :)

hawkers65

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 22, 2021, 01:39:33 PM

I made a team for my wife and used this strategy (was too person to do it myself) and her teams looks tenfold the team mine does.

Meek has no chance of being dropped anytime soon

Bully

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 22, 2021, 02:08:09 PM

Meek has no chance of being dropped anytime soon

Can they afford to play Darcy & Meek?

Mat0369

With Pearce getting injured they may have to

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2021, 02:35:36 PM
With Pearce getting injured they may have to

Either way Meek will struggle to make the cash people were expecting, some even benched Flynn this round or didn't pick him altogether.

hawkers65

Freo have zero talls available and they flirted with the idea of running both Meek and Darcy before the injuries. Meek also solo rucked in his first game against the best ruckmen in the comp + Jackson so he got run into the ground. I have no worries with Meek being a better than average rookie scorer. That first game will be the toughest he gets.

bkimm32

I had Fullaton,  and Hunter. And I like more of what I seen from the rookies than Gawn and Grundy

Gawn won’t score anywhere near as well having to rest forward and not being able to play a kick behind the play

RaisyDaisy

I'm not concerned about Gawn at all

It was his first game of the year, and wasn't he 29 or something at 1/2 time? 60+ second half, he'll be fine

As for Grundy, I just read this:

"We want Brodie to be supported by a second ruckman, whether it's Mason or Darcy Cameron or another option and we'd like that to be legitimate tandem ruck role," he said.

"We believe that Brodie can do some damage for us in front of the ball and we will be looking to explore that."

:-\

Holz

Hickey Stef Flyn combo is the place to be

Mat0369

Gawn got off the leash a bit when Jackson copped a knock.

It looks like a second ruck may hurt both these guys. It's only round 1, we need to let it play out and then assess. They could both come out and smash 150's going up against Pitto and Hunter.

Wanderer

Gawndy are going to most likely leak some cash, but I can't see them not in top 3 rucks this season. Who is going to displace them from top 2-3?

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on March 22, 2021, 04:08:52 PM
Hickey Stef Flyn combo is the place to be

I'm wondering how many went that route. I can't help but feel Hickey will score 30 against ROB and English goes back into the ruck now they got past the Grundy matchup and against Nic Nat

bkimm32

Quote from: Wanderer on March 22, 2021, 04:11:28 PM
Gawndy are going to most likely leak some cash, but I can't see them not in top 3 rucks this season. Who is going to displace them from top 2-3?
I don’t think anyone is arguing about them being top 2 rucks. (Or close to it)

I look at it that from the perspective that they will lose so much cash from their starting price that they would be very good upgrade targets later on. And that’s why rookie ruck / mid price strategy seems like it would have been a logical play.

A healthy % of teams would have started them both, and they likely will be the top 2 rucks at seasons end, so it’s not like it’s a huge set back, but could have been a good opportunity to make some money by starting some cheaper rucks. 

Bully

Think it's way too early to drop Grundy, there's every chance he smashes it next week.