2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ants

i thought i heard that the saints favoured Mckernan in the ruck contests after half time which is when flynn started to dominate. didnt watch the game so could be wrong. hope they drop Mckernan and not hunter

enzedder

Quote from: ants on March 23, 2021, 04:03:38 PM
i thought i heard that the saints favoured Mckernan in the ruck contests after half time which is when flynn started to dominate. didnt watch the game so could be wrong. hope they drop Mckernan and not hunter
Watched the replay and McKernan rucked virtually the whole second half. Flynn was impressive throughout though. Won heaps of ball at ground level, took a couple of impressive contested marks and second efforts in ruck contests were also very good.
Hunter played deep forward in the second half and except for about 2 centre bounces and a brief chop out on the ball didn’t feature after half time.

Wanderer

I'm going to stay aboard the Gawndy ship hoping it doesn't turn into the Titanic.

Mat0369

Quote from: enzedder on March 23, 2021, 07:00:03 PM
Quote from: ants on March 23, 2021, 04:03:38 PM
Watched the replay and McKernan rucked virtually the whole second half. Flynn was impressive throughout though. Won heaps of ball at ground level, took a couple of impressive contested marks and second efforts in ruck contests were also very good.
Hunter played deep forward in the second half and except for about 2 centre bounces and a brief chop out on the ball didn’t feature after half time.

I'm thinking it may have been weather based with the torrential rain and wanting the guy that was better at ground level

Wanderer

All the fear about Grundy proven wrong yet again.

shaker

Quote from: Wanderer on March 26, 2021, 12:56:34 PM
All the fear about Grundy proven wrong yet again.
As the nearly 3000 people that traded him out found out  ;D

smashbox

Draper out for 8.
Trade to Hickey, Darcy or go with a rookie?
Already have Flynn

RoughRed

Quote from: smashbox on March 31, 2021, 12:33:06 PM
Draper out for 8.
Already have Flynn
Meek

Fid

Quote from: RoughRed on March 31, 2021, 01:13:47 PM
Quote from: smashbox on March 31, 2021, 12:33:06 PM
Draper out for 8.
Already have Flynn
Meek

Meek $123,900 B/E -52 Projected $ change $51k - playing Carlton

Hunter $102,400 B/E -19 Projected $ change $25.1k - playing Essendon

Colliwobblers

hickeys going up 50k also but meek cheaper. Then hickeys closer and maybe easier to upgrade to premo sooner?

either one is a stepping stone so you don't want to have to trade again until you go up to the end result G or G maybe go on job security.

RaisyDaisy

Probably not ideal to use so many trades on rucks

Just turn Draper into G or G somehow

enzedder

Treacy is not playing yet.

Josh Treacy (AF $170k SC $102k RUCK/FWD)

@freodockers coach Justin Longmuir: "No, not at this stage. He'll travel with us. If something happens away, he might come in. We had a good win last week... so Sonny will come in for Fyfey... We want to settle our team down

upthemaidens

Blessed are the Meek who will be in like Flynn..  Something something relating to Hunter.
  Guess Grundy becomes the 1st priority upgrade.  Certainly wouldn't mind a few sub 110 scores from him over the next Month.

Bully

Am I the only one seriously considering trading Grundy?

I reckon it will be carnage round 14 for many so having an extra premo in there could make a world of difference.  If Grundy is sidelined for 3 weeks it's a no brainer.

Bully

3 round projected price

Naitanui - 634k

Grundy - 574k

Almost a 100k turnaround, could easily buy back in and use the money to upgrade say a Sidebottom/Heeney to Dangerfield.