Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Damn Close rupturing his ACL is terrible for you guys

GoLions

Article for those who want to read it

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-04-13/injury-update-close

Wish him all the best with his recovery. Not what he would've wanted after showing some good signs last year.

Staker would have to come in to the side now you'd think.

GoLions

Also, Hammelmann to be upgraded? Hope so.

Capper

Will be interesting to see how many changes are made after Zorko blasted his team mates.

Would like to know who he pointed out

Ringo

Zorko alos blasted himself so was giving a general spray well deserved spray though.

strikes91

Can't see where we will kick a winning score at the moment. The thought of a winless season is embarrassing

Ringo

Don't despair Strikes,  Some encouraging signs last night but not a lot. A few combinations finally starting to click Beams and Christo seem to be getting their hands on ut more but need to improve the disposal efficiency.

Would be surprised if our D/e last night exceeded 50% overall. Our skills were terrible last night on 3 occasions 2 players spoiled each other resulting in Tigers Goals. There did not appear to be any calling.  We seem to also be too handball happy trying to get out of defence and that probably accounted for at least 8 of Richmond goals.

Andrews may be OK but he needs more development and body strength.  Also won a few contests in the ruck when relieving Maric.  Staker is working his way back and if persevered with may help McStay down front. McGuane kicked 2 in NEAFL but I do not consider him a viable option. Freeman is still 4 weeks away.

Was really disappointed with our running last night as we did not appear to be able to keep with opponents.  Not sure whether fitness an issue or not but something definitely lacking last night.

Also remember we have Hanley, Rocky and Merrett missing from the Team and that is a reasonable 3 in anyones language.

It is a case of building for next year atm in my opinion but will be interesting to see how we match up against the Eagles next week and this will give an indication where we are really at. All three teams we have played were touted as top 8 sides,

GoLions

Just read on Facebook that Rocky may play this week with protective padding around his chest.

I dunno if that's a good idea tbh. Has only missed 2 weeks so far. Will see if there's a better source later today.

ossie85

Quote from: GoLions on April 20, 2015, 02:03:26 PM
Just read on Facebook that Rocky may play this week with protective padding around his chest.

I dunno if that's a good idea tbh. Has only missed 2 weeks so far. Will see if there's a better source later today.

Not a great idea in my opinion. I know its only 3 rounds in, but it doesn't look like Brisbane will be playing finals. Surely you need to be cautious with your best player and captain. Gotta think about the next 5 years, not just next week.

elephants

Quote from: ossie85 on April 20, 2015, 02:06:51 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 20, 2015, 02:03:26 PM

Not a great idea in my opinion. I know its only 3 rounds in, but it doesn't look like Brisbane will be playing finals. Surely you need to be cautious with your best player and captain. Gotta think about the next 5 years, not just next week.

This. Plus if Rocky gets crunched, the damage will be seeeeveeeereeee. Chill Rocky, chill :P

GoLions

From Rich's presser (no video available yet)

So think Rocky will probably miss this week

kilbluff1985

what do you guys think about trading Luey to Carlton for there likely top 4 pick

would prefer a forward but they cant afford to lose any so just draft one instead

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 20, 2015, 04:11:57 PM
what do you guys think about trading Luey to Carlton for there likely top 4 pick

would prefer a forward but they cant afford to lose any so just draft one instead

I can't see a mature age player not in the 18th ranked best 22 going for a top 4 pick

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah ruckmen like that go in the 15-20 pick bracket