Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Why is Green dropped? His forward pressure is what we need. Good to see Stakes back though.

nrich102

Very see to see Green out, I really like watching him play :( Staker will be sub, right? I can't see who else will be.

Ringo

Some of the Match Selections I think are not helping Voss's cause.  We need pace to match the Dons but with the dropping of Green we have lost one of our best in this regard.

Will be interesting to see who sub is will not be Raines so it will be from Mayes, Bewick or Staker. Will depend how Voss wants to use Staker and if he wants to throw him in from the start due to our slow starts on the road suspect Mayes may get the vest as Staker will be used back.

strikes91

Yes agree, Mayes will most likely to see the green vest.

nrich102

Voss better not give Mayes the vest :P

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-17/rival-clubs-circle-uncontracted-lion-cubs

I'd hate to see any of these guys leave, but at least one of them will iom.

Ringo

Just read the article myself and agree that one may leave.  Suspect it may be Karnezis who wanted to leave last year.

Would like to retain both Polec and Longer.  Why we did not persevere with a Longer/Berger combo got no idea.  Worked a treat although against Melbourne and then Longer dropped next week.

If Voss continues his revolving door selections then we will loose some of these talented youngsters.

Would prefer to spend the money on these youngsters rather than chase Franklin or other free agents.

kilbluff1985

Mayes should really start as sub was quite last week that's who I'm tipping

Think it's pretty pointless starting Staker as sub makes more sense to sub him off after having a decent run

But who knows its Voss after all

strikes91

the young fellas have to wait around, voss will be gone at seasons end

AFEV

Quote from: strikes91 on May 17, 2013, 11:57:13 PM
the young fellas have to wait around, voss will be gone at seasons end
Might not have to wait until the end of the season the way things are going...Don't understand the amount of weekly changes, never going to win with an unsettled team. :-\

kilbluff1985

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2013, 07:58:01 PM

Think it's pretty pointless starting Staker as sub makes more sense to sub him off after having a decent run

Winner

strikes91

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 18, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2013, 07:58:01 PM

Winner

lol it was pretty obvious

anyway couldn't believe todays result. I didn't stand us a chance but wow. only downside is will be losing clarke and probably merrett. Think staker will go down back with goose hopefully fit. green, docherty or karny to try and sneak in

Ringo

My thoughts on the match:

With Brisbane rank outsiders did we go in with little to lose attitude and try and redeem ourselves in Melbourne. It was a great match with 18 lead changes and no more than a handful of points separating the teams all day.

We started aggressively possibly walking a fine line which will result in suspension to Clarke and possibly Merrett. We kept this aggression up and despite being beaten in the clearances and other important stats we won the tackle count.

Stats from the match Essendon listed first
Disposals 398 - 325
Kicks 222 - 216
Handballs 176 - 109
Freekicks 14 - 11
Clearances 46 - 31
Inside 50's 61 - 39
Contested Possessions 146 - 120
Tackles 49 - 72
Hitouts 42 - 45

Looking at those stats one wonders how Brisbane won the game but it is attribute to the pressure we exerted with tackling that upset the Bombers run. Bewick and Raines were outstanding in restricting Hibberd and Stanton.

One of the talking points will be the Brown Mark and the video review.  We have seen so many instances of the video review coming back inconclusive so why are we persisting until we can better camera angles.

Brisbane's midfield looks so much more composed with Black in there with 16 possesions in just over a half of football. We need 3/4 game from Black against the blues on Saturday night.

Staker is back and will be a valuable swingman back or forward.

Write J Brown off at your own peril.  Despite age still showing he has it.

Moloney has added a fair bit to the midfield as well.

Jack Reddan showed a welcome return to form with 22 disposals, running with Watson and limiting his usual efficiency, 

Should Merrett and Clarke be suspended we have a few options:
Maguire if fit will come back (played in yesterdays reserves match)
Docherty may come in to replace Clarke.
I would like to see this move move Staker back and bring Longer back in with the Berger Longer combo to combat Kreuzer and Warnock.

Any a great win by the boys against all expectations and we need to keep it going this week against the Blues and not go backwards,

BB67th

Great win and I think we will be a decent chance to take down the Blues at the Gabba next week. Black was amazing in that first quarter, set everything up, and I think he will make a great foil for Moloney to do a lot of hard clearance work. Any word on how Rich is progressing? How much longer is he meant to be out for? Another month or so?

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on May 19, 2013, 03:02:00 PM
Great win and I think we will be a decent chance to take down the Blues at the Gabba next week. Black was amazing in that first quarter, set everything up, and I think he will make a great foil for Moloney to do a lot of hard clearance work. Any word on how Rich is progressing? How much longer is he meant to be out for? Another month or so?
Was originally listed as 8 weeks but talk is he may be back sooner

BB67th

Clarke offered a week and Merrett three for their incidents on the weekend. Do people agree with this? I think Merrett is a bit stiff there.