Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I am not expecting a huge improvement, hopefully there is some effort, but what I expect over the next 10 weeks is for us to play the kids and to see who is required heading into next season. If guys like Watson, Armfield, Ellard etc. aren't going to be there in the future don't play them. Give someone like Nick Graham and Holman a shot to see what they can do. Maximise trade value and blood the kids

RiOtChEsS

i do not accept that 'effort' is something that disappears the way it has with our playing group, we were where we needed to be with 'effort' throughout the second half of last year, if it does not reappear now the perceived problem has been rectified we really will need prune the list heavily, effort is non negotiable, it just has to be non negotiable at Carlton Football Club.

tbagrocks

Im still baffled as to why Gibbs turned his back on Adelaide to stay ???

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 26, 2015, 05:34:20 PM

Well if these Betts allegations are true and the club can't hold Danger and Sloane... I'd probably rather be at Carlton :p

kilbluff1985

Matt any kids in particular you are looking forward to seeing debut?

Mat0369

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 26, 2015, 05:28:54 PM
i do not accept that 'effort' is something that disappears the way it has with our playing group, we were where we needed to be with 'effort' throughout the second half of last year, if it does not reappear now the perceived problem has been rectified we really will need prune the list heavily, effort is non negotiable, it just has to be non negotiable at Carlton Football Club.

Very true

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 26, 2015, 06:10:36 PM
Matt any kids in particular you are looking forward to seeing debut?

Maybe not exactly debut, but I would like to see them play the majority of games

Graham
Buckley
Cripps
Boek
Jaksch

Guys I would like to see be mixed in (maybe a solid month each)

Holman
Foster
Whiley
Dick
Viojo-Rainbow

Then guys like Giles and Byrne when they recover from their injuries

I think Gowers has started to impress in the reserves and Johnson had shown a bit so I wouldn't mind seeing him in the mix.

The reason I haven't included Clem is I would like him to spend the year in the reserves building a tank. We have seen his attack on the ball and his intensity which is great, but if we can get full runs into him in the VFL it might do him better in the long run

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on May 26, 2015, 06:09:28 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 26, 2015, 05:34:20 PM

Well if these Betts allegations are true and the club can't hold Danger and Sloane... I'd probably rather be at Carlton :p
Im glad you brought Betts up, gives me a chance to rant ................

Of course they spoke to Eddie a year earlier! What did the AFL expect was going to happen when they ludicrously brought in free agency? ::)

Mailman the 2nd

They're allowed to talk to him. Mick implied they had signed a deal already

Vinny

Yeah agree with the rest of the guys, I'd really like to see a focus on playing the kids from here on in and determining dead weight and possible trade bait. One thing I'm really looking forward to is seeing what SOS can do in the off-season and the turn around of the list in general.

Just saw this, Worsfold has said he does not want the job at Carlton.

Mat0369

Quote from: Vinny on May 26, 2015, 08:37:14 PM
Yeah agree with the rest of the guys, I'd really like to see a focus on playing the kids from here on in and determining dead weight and possible trade bait. One thing I'm really looking forward to is seeing what SOS can do in the off-season and the turn around of the list in general.

I think this might be a good thing.

kilbluff1985

just curious does SOS plan to try and coach one day or he happy as list manager?

Mat0369

I think he has more of an interest in list management. He already tried the coaching stuff, he was an assistant at a few clubs (Pies, Dogs and Saints) and then went into list management. There was a rumor that we were looking at him as a senior coach before we appointed Ratts, he was still at odds with the club when we approached him but I think long term what he is currently doing he enjoys more.

RiOtChEsS

agree with Mat we ought to evaluate via the deep end, lets see how these guys handle consistent games at the elite level.

i jokingly said to my wife when Ratts was sacked that we would end up hiring him back, the more time that has passed the less silly this seems, currently serving under the best coach in the game, two time assistant premiership coach possibly three, his passion for our club is second to none and he has ticked every box as far as diversifying his coaching by learning from the best group in the game now, part of me is eager for this to happen and create success for our club.

elephants

If he coaches again at anywhere but the Eagles I'll cry a little bit inside.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2015, 09:09:44 PM

I think this might be a good thing.
+1

I think they should give the job to Stewy Dew. Legend at Port Adelaide, Legend at Hawthorn, now even a legend at Sydney as an assistant. I can see him having a similar effect to Luke Beveridge and, ultimately, clearing out the trash (i.e. Liam Jones)