Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: roo boys! on October 17, 2012, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on October 17, 2012, 09:34:46 PM
start your innings by playing your favourite shot regardless of the delivery that comes
Hmm no  :-\ I wouldn't try that, play every ball on it's merits.
+1 RB ... my favourite is the cut shot, but im not gonna play that if the ball is full on my pads am I?  :o

some really good thoughts here, great question Tom

Spinking

Quote from: Cicjose on October 17, 2012, 09:34:46 PM
start your innings by playing your favourite shot regardless of the delivery that comes

Hahaha. Yeah, even if your fav shot is a hook and they bowl a Yorker  ;D

Might not be effective, but great for comedy value!

Cicjose

my favourite shot is a reverse sweep and i have tried a few in indoor............

roo boys!

Quote from: Cicjose on October 18, 2012, 03:28:54 AM
my favourite shot is a reverse sweep and i have tried a few in indoor............
No matter where the ball is pitched? You're not going to play a reverse sweep first ball in if their opening bowler is on and gives you a bouncer....

Cicjose

why not? indoor cricket balls don't bounce as much nor do they hurt when you are hit by them

Jay

Quote from: Cicjose on October 18, 2012, 02:12:06 PM
why not? indoor cricket balls don't bounce as much nor do they hurt when you are hit by them
Dont think Tom was talking about indoor...

Cicjose

i play indoor though and he was referring to my shot selection

tbagrocks

I coppied Warnie in 1992 when I was 12, so no supprises I had some success as a Leggy, well I haven't played for four years but looking to this summer (as did last summer ::)), only 32 and with a best of 5 for 13 I think I have something to offer, but we'll see

McRooster

roo boys!

Wow Roost! :o

Quote"He wasn't even sweating," Eldridge said. "He goes: 'I didn't do a great deal of running mate'."

elephants

Favourite shots?

Cut shot for me, love slogging a quick bowler back between second slip and point (I hope for the fielding sides sake that no-one is at gully) :P

Tominator

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2012, 08:30:08 PM
Favourite shots?

Cut shot for me, love slogging a quick bowler back between second slip and point (I hope for the fielding sides sake that no-one is at gully) :P

that would generally be me   ;D

My favourite shots are the cover drive and the pull. Love spanking a short ball for six over deep square leg  8) doesn't happen all too often but its nice when it comes along!

pyronerd

Quote from: Tominator on October 19, 2012, 08:50:56 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2012, 08:30:08 PM
Favourite shots?

that would generally be me   ;D

My favourite shots are the cover drive and the pull. Love spanking a short ball for six over deep square leg  8) doesn't happen all too often but its nice when it comes along!

I don't actually play, but favourite shot for me is straight back over the bowlers head :P

KoopKicka

The little leg glance that goes for 4 between the keeper and fine leg, tells the bowler to stop bowling at my toes, as Im very good there. :P