Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

GoLions

Quote from: PowerBug on September 13, 2015, 06:34:00 PM
Retire on that one, surely :P
Hahaha, not a bad way to go out :P
Might actually start the season at the very least though ;)

Grazz

Quote from: GoLions on September 13, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
First practice match for the season with Monash, and my first match since U15s (like 6 years ago).

Anyway, we bowled first. flowering third over, batsman goes for the big cut, gets some edge, skies it over my head at a wide gully-ish position. Running back with the flight, took the catch 8)
Safe to say I was showerting bricks as it was up in the air though haha :P

Came on to bowl later on, first ball went right through the batter, bowled him middle stump 8)
Only bowled the 3 overs (was only 35 overs each), ended up with 1/9.

Took another catch after that as well, and made a couple of #goat stops in the field.

AND THEN WE BATTED. "Collapse" would be an understatement. After about 6 overs, we were 6/13. Yep. 7th wicket put in a small partnership, but then our #8 fell at 7/45. I came in at #9, needing 60 to win from about 23 overs.

60+ run partnership, flowering GOML. I only made like 20, and about 2000 leg byes, but still :P
Was flowering awesome, especially for my first hit in so long :D

Outstanding Davey well done mate.

Pkbaldy

Nearly as good as my return 2 years ago Wavy.

0/27 off 2 overs
9 runs
2 dropped catches.

GoLions

Solid 3/10 yesterday with the ball, and a quick 15 or so with the bat after our opener made 103* :o

PowerBug

I was so not expecting to be umpiring games in the highest division at the start of this season. Been given games in A1 for Rounds 1 and 2 at this stage :D

Kinda funny how the matches I have involve the only two A1 sides I have previously umpired, when I completely flowered the game up I had a shocker. Chance at redemption straight away.

GoLions

Haha nice PB, good luck!

I was picked for our 3rd XI (B-Grade), didn't show up to training, got promoted to 2nd XI (A-Grade). Gonna get absolutely flowered today haha.

Jay

Nothing beats making a chirpy opposition spend all day (80 overs) out in the field!

PowerBug

Turns out I got moved down a division, which sucked. But I guess this was where I expected to be umpiring so got to earn my chance at the top division.

Had a good day today, result already achieved inside the 80 over day.

GoLions

Bowled the other team out for 81, took 3/22 from 9 overs myself. Got the runs with about 14 overs left (45 each)

Bill Manspeaker

Davos making a late charge for national selection just quietly

Jay

Stoked to bring up my first 5 wicket haul with the leggies today! :D

GoLions

Quote from: Jayman on October 17, 2015, 08:04:56 PM
Stoked to bring up my first 5 wicket haul with the leggies today! :D
Beast 8)

I'm playing tomorrow, promoted to the 2s after last week. Hopefully I go alright haha

PowerBug

Good. Jay tell me when you make As so I can work out a way to umpire your match :P

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on October 17, 2015, 08:57:05 PM
Good. Jay tell me when you make As so I can work out a way to umpire your match :P
Haha still have a long way to go. More than happy in the B grade div at the moment, I get plenty of opportunity (bowled 19 straight today) and still get to bowl to decent bats. Need more experience before working up the grades! But a great way to start the year :)