Griffin requests trade to GWS

Started by valkorum, October 09, 2014, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

If Dogs could get picks 4 and 7, they should let him go. Fair deal for both teams.

ossie85

Quote from: JROO8 on October 09, 2014, 04:35:50 PM
If Dogs could get picks 4 and 7, they should let him go. Fair deal for both teams.

4 and 7 is a bit overs for Griff IMO. He's 28, a great player, but not a superstar, and last year he was inconsistent.

If the Lions are offering pick 5 and 25 (or whatever) for Beams, 4 and 7 for Griffen is WAY over.

Jroo

Quote from: ossie85 on October 09, 2014, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on October 09, 2014, 04:35:50 PM

4 and 7 is a bit overs for Griff IMO. He's 28, a great player, but not a superstar, and last year he was inconsistent.

If the Lions are offering pick 5 and 25 (or whatever) for Beams, 4 and 7 for Griffen is WAY over.
Yeah maybe slight overpay by the Giants, but they don't really need those picks  :P he wasn't great this year, but had injury troubles. Look how he went in 2013, gun.

Yeah but Beams is worth quite a bit more than that, Griffen isn't that far behind Beams (apart from age).

_wato

WB should be getting this done immediately before anyone has second thoughts..

What you already have: Libba, Macrae, Bontempelli, Stringer, Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Wallis, Roughy, Hunter, Smith etc
Add in: Pick 4: Peter Wright, Pick 6: Jake Lever Pick 7: Sam Durdin

And you have the makings of a premiership team in the next 4-5 years where you could have a very real tilt at a premiership, with these players as your core group..

Ricochet

Bulldogs Statment
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-10-09/from-the-president-gordon-on-griffen

I have today read a statement issued by Ryan Griffen's management. It requires clarification.

Ryan Griffen raised with me some concerns about our Senior Coach the day after our best and fairest. I then organised for him to immediately relay those concerns to our Chief Executive, Simon Garlick. We both took Ryan's concerns very seriously as did Brendan McCartney when he was informed of them.

We arranged for Ryan to meet with Brendan and our Football Director, Chris Grant, and they discussed his concerns.  Brendan acknowledged some faults and agreed to work on them. At the conclusion of the meeting, Chris asked Ryan if he was happy with the meeting and agreeable to working with Macca on an ongoing basis.

Ryan answered yes to both questions and added that while he was on leave he wanted to reflect upon whether he was best suited to captain the Club in the future.

Having returned to Australia on Tuesday night and without any further discussion with us after giving that agreement, Ryan informed us that he had changed his mind. We were also informed that he was seeking a trade to GWS - with whom we now understand he was in communication during this time.

We are extremely disappointed at his approach and have no intention of indulging it.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

ossie85

That's incredibly unprofessional from the Dogs.

A player is an individual, rash decisions are expected.

But ORGANISATIONS should not announce things like this!!! Made private matters public.

Exceptionally poor, and if this is the way the Western Bulldogs manage staff, they are in for a world of hurt.

WCarey18

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2014, 05:16:11 PM
We are extremely disappointed at his approach and have no intention of indulging it.

Thats fine, just watch him walk away next year as a free-agent. Good luck getting any compo since the AFL is looking at scrapping it.

::)

Ricochet

So if they make him stay, surely he can't be captain next year?

valkorum

QuoteWe are extremely disappointed at his approach and have no intention of indulging it.

That's a very interesting line.

Toga

Oz has just hit the nail on the head... Interesting tact taken by the Dogs..

Capper

Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2014, 05:15:50 PM

What you already have: Libba, Macrae, Bontempelli, Stringer, Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Wallis, Roughy, Hunter, Smith etc

And you have the makings of a premiership team in the next 4-5 years where you could have a very real tilt at a premiership, with these players as your core group..
What they need is a leader though

Nige

Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2014, 05:15:50 PM

Three talls? I don't think so. Two talls maybe. They can grab another solid young mid with one of them.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: ossie85 on October 09, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

But ORGANISATIONS should not announce things like this!!! Made private matters public.

Exceptionally poor, and if this is the way the Western Bulldogs manage staff, they are in for a world of hurt.

How does McCartney feel right now? Amazing statement....and if I was McCartney my resignation would be on Mr Gordon's desk within the hour.

WCarey18

Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 09, 2014, 06:33:55 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 09, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

How does McCartney feel right now? Amazing statement....and if I was McCartney my resignation would be on Mr Gordon's desk within the hour.

To keep your captain or your coach? Hmmm, I know which I'd pick.  :-X

dirkdiggler

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 09, 2014, 05:24:02 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Thats fine, just watch him walk away next year as a free-agent. Good luck getting any compo since the AFL is looking at scrapping it.

::)

It would be good to see clubs take a stand though...especially if Griffen has behaved as poorly as has been suggested. Reality is though...Doggies have to trade, which is sad for the game