Griffin requests trade to GWS

Started by valkorum, October 09, 2014, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Nige

_wato

And Nige they'd need another solid young mid why? They are easy to find every year in the draft, however three gun talls like these three don't always come around.. Why not take them while Boyd, Murphy etc are still at the club?

Nige

Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2014, 08:16:26 PM
And Nige they'd need another solid young mid why?
Because it wouldn't hurt.  :P

Master Q

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 09, 2014, 06:35:57 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 09, 2014, 06:33:55 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 09, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

That's incredibly unprofessional from the Dogs.

A player is an individual, rash decisions are expected.

But ORGANISATIONS should not announce things like this!!! Made private matters public.

Exceptionally poor, and if this is the way the Western Bulldogs manage staff, they are in for a world of hurt.

How does McCartney feel right now? Amazing statement....and if I was McCartney my resignation would be on Mr Gordon's desk within the hour.

To keep your captain or your coach? Hmmm, I know which I'd pick.  :-X
I hope you would pick your coach

_wato

Quote from: Nige on October 09, 2014, 08:17:33 PM
Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2014, 08:16:26 PM
And Nige they'd need another solid young mid why?
Because it wouldn't hurt.  :P

Hahhaa very true mate! No real standout mids this year but, which is why I'd expect the WB to not go with many mids and would go with the talls.. ::)

kilbluff1985

they should try and get like pick 4 + McCarthy or Tomlinson either would make the Dogs forward line look better

_wato

Patton and Pick 19 for Griffen? ;)

kilbluff1985

Big Mac

So are his injuries all sorted now? No way Bulldogs get picks 4+7 by the way.

meow meow

If we could get pick 4 and 7 for him I'll go down to the club and push him out the door myself.

If he doesn't want to be there then just get rid of him. Same as Cooney, same as Lake. We've got enough leadership with Murphy, Boyd, Morris and even Macrae. Cooney and Griffen show no on field leadership outside of their own performances.

The line about not indulging his wishes is just to make GWS come to the party and give us a good deal. I'd prefer Shiel and a player like McCarthy but if we nab 4 and 7 I will not be bothered by this one little bit. Even if we had to give up pick 26 in the deal.

It'd probably work out better for the club long term anyway. We've already got the A-grade midfield. Holding picks 4, 6 and 7 in a KPP-rich draft (that we've already gotten Cordy in for way less than he is worth) would enable us to build a team that is capable of being a genuine contender.

Calls for McCartney's sacking are uninformed and ludacris. The younger players think he is a wonderful coach. Dahlhaus, Macrae, Stringer, Libba, Wallis, Bontempelli, Hrovat, Smith and JJ are all behind the coach. If these guys were the ones walking out it would be a crisis. They're the ones who are going to push for the flag eventually, and they're the ones worth worrying about keeping happy.

Thanks for your years of hard work and good service Griff, but flower off.

If all else fails in the leadership department we can just bring back Gia as captain-coach who sits on the bench in green for 3 quarters and then gets so pissed off with the ineptitude of the team that he sheds the vest for a quarter to show them how it is done.

/////////////////////////

Griffen is going to take a pay cut to play for the Giants.

Better get used to it. Hell, some day soon players will leave their shiitty clubs and be paying GWS for the privilege of wearing the charcoal and orange.

tbagrocks

I hope your club gets screwed just so you have something to whinge about, again, for the first time ever

woofy

Quote from: meow meow on October 09, 2014, 11:44:09 PM
If we could get pick 4 and 7 for him I'll go down to the club and push him out the door myself.

If he doesn't want to be there then just get rid of him. Same as Cooney, same as Lake. We've got enough leadership with Murphy, Boyd, Morris and even Macrae. Cooney and Griffen show no on field leadership outside of their own performances.

The line about not indulging his wishes is just to make GWS come to the party and give us a good deal. I'd prefer Shiel and a player like McCarthy but if we nab 4 and 7 I will not be bothered by this one little bit. Even if we had to give up pick 26 in the deal.

It'd probably work out better for the club long term anyway. We've already got the A-grade midfield. Holding picks 4, 6 and 7 in a KPP-rich draft (that we've already gotten Cordy in for way less than he is worth) would enable us to build a team that is capable of being a genuine contender.

Calls for McCartney's sacking are uninformed and ludacris. The younger players think he is a wonderful coach. Dahlhaus, Macrae, Stringer, Libba, Wallis, Bontempelli, Hrovat, Smith and JJ are all behind the coach. If these guys were the ones walking out it would be a crisis. They're the ones who are going to push for the flag eventually, and they're the ones worth worrying about keeping happy.

Thanks for your years of hard work and good service Griff, but flower off.

If all else fails in the leadership department we can just bring back Gia as captain-coach who sits on the bench in green for 3 quarters and then gets so pissed off with the ineptitude of the team that he sheds the vest for a quarter to show them how it is done.

Totally agree with this. It's disappointing to see him go like this but no player is bigger than the club. Id definately take 4 and 7 to the draft if possible.

valkorum

If you get picks 4 & 7 for Griffin then you HAVE TO TAKE IT IMO.  It's way overs and you can rebuild with picks 4, 6 & 7