Main Menu

Richmond Best 22 2015

Started by Toga, October 07, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on March 06, 2015, 11:37:56 AM
How do people rate Astbury, my mate reckons that if it weren't for injuries he'd be an AA full back, I thought that was an extreme statement on the other hand.
Big call, but if it weren't for injuries and all things considered, I think he's our second best defender behind Rance.

T Dog

Whats Vlastuins role do you think?

Nige

Quote from: T Dog on March 06, 2015, 07:41:51 PM
Whats Vlastuins role do you think?
Probably half back with stints in the mid.

Nige

Axel Foley is having foot surgery, will be out of action until about Round 4 so that's a spot in the 22 open for somebody to seize and potentially keep depending on how they go.

LF

Don't you really mean a spot is open for someone to wear green :P

Nige

Quote from: LF on March 11, 2015, 04:03:54 PM
Not necessarily. I mean while he's a decent sub option and out of the general 22 that he seems the most likely to get it, it has never been a certainty imo, I think this year will be a lot different sub wise.

LF

Quote from: Nige on March 11, 2015, 04:35:32 PM
Not necessarily. I mean while he's a decent sub option and out of the general 22 that he seems the most likely to get it, it has never been a certainty imo, I think this year will be a lot different sub wise.

Hope so he is still playing decent footy but in saying that getting some games into the younger players is a nessecity

Nige

Quote from: LF on March 11, 2015, 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 11, 2015, 04:35:32 PM

Hope so he is still playing decent footy but in saying that getting some games into the younger players is a nessecity
I feel like the younger guys will be the sub and blokes like Newy, Axel and Grigg if they're in the side will get the red vest. That's my opinion though and is probably wrong.

quinny88

What's everyone think after the nab challenge? I would reward guys that showed form.
Vickery ONLY there because it could help us stretch carltons defence.

FB: Chaplin, Astbury, Vlastuin

HB: Houli, Rance, Morris

C: Ellis, Martin, Conca

HF: Deledio, Griffiths, Edwards

FF: Lloyd, Riewoldt, Vickery

R: Maric, Cotchin, Miles

I/C: Hunt, Grimes, Lambert sub: McIntosh

Nige

Vlastuin Rance Astbury

Houli Chaplin Ellis

Lennon Miles Grigg

Lids JRoo Edwards

Morris Vickery Griffiths

Maric Cotchin Martin

Conca Petterd Gordon Lloyd (sub)

A few guys are pretty unlucky to miss out there, they include Knights, Lambert, Hunt, Grimes, McIntosh and Batchelor who have all been good recently. Newman and Foley missing through injury, but it's good to see we've got a bit of depth.

Ricochet

Reallllly hoping Lambert and McIntosh get named

Nige

I think the only spot in my 22 that may be up for grabs is Gordon's, my boy Beatle has done enough to start I think.

Lambert, Hunt or McIntosh will take his place. Not so sure anyone else will be displaced.

LF

Toga

FB: Morris, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Vlastuin, Rance, Houli
C: Ellis, Cotchin, Grigg
HF: Deledio, Griffiths, Knights
FF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery
Fol: Maric, Miles, Martin
I/C: Conca, Lloyd, Hunt
Sub: Lambert

If Knights isn't fit for round 1 I think Lennon might play in his place, with either him or Lambert as sub. McIntosh unlucky to miss out, will be competing with Hunt and Grigg for a spot. Gordon also unlucky, could play instead of Lloyd, Grigg or even Vickery if we are looking too tall.

SydneyRox

no love for Petterd Toga? thought he was pretty good for you last year?

mainly an XV question