Main Menu

Richmond Best 22 2015

Started by Toga, October 07, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Lambert looks the goods and I can see him pushing for a round 1 spot, same with Knights... I will be stoked if we can get him in for a solid season this year, has a lot to offer.

Elton I don't think will play ahead of Rance, Chaplin, Astbury, Grimes but I think he showed he'll be able to slide in if we need him at some point this year.

I liked the look of Castagna in the back pocket early on as well, think he showed some very good signs!

quinny88

I hope lambert plays for supercoach purposes more than anything else  :P
He does look like a ready made gun too though

Nige

Jason Castagna feels like an upgrade on Ben Darrou who was on our rookie list for a few years. He can play both ends too, somewhat like Matt McDonough and Stevie Morris, which we know Dimma and co love.

quinny88

Early days but right now I would probably have the round 1 team looking like..

FB: Chaplin, Astbury, Vlastuin

HB: Houli, Rance, Newman

C:   Ellis, Martin, Conca

HF: Deledio, Grifiths, Knights

FF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Morris

Fol: Maric, Cotchin, Miles

Int: Hunt, Vickery, Lambert Sub: Foley

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 03, 2015, 02:24:01 PM

Yep. Based on what we've seen so far and if all those blokes are fit, that looks about right to me.

It's good that blokes like Gordon, Petterd, Lloyd, Grigg, Lennon etc are stiff to miss out. Competition for spots is great to see because our depth hasn't been there in the past, but it's looking better year after year.

shaker

Unless Gordon has gone backwards I would expect to see him and Grigg in the team who comes out I'm not sure maybe Hunt and Lambert ? to early to tell yet lets see what happens in the rest of the NAB .

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on March 03, 2015, 02:54:22 PM
Unless Gordon has gone backwards I would expect to see him and Grigg in the team who comes out I'm not sure maybe Hunt and Lambert ? to early to tell yet lets see what happens in the rest of the NAB .

Maybe Knights? Can't imagine Hunt not playing round 1.
Lambert not a lock but that's just my personal 22

Jroo

Haha Quinny hates Petterd  :P I think he's a certainly in our best 22.

I'd take out Newman and Foley and bring in Petterd and Gordon.

Then I think two of Grigg, Hunt and Lambert will probably be picked, the other unlucky to miss out.

Still early days though.

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on March 03, 2015, 05:17:18 PM

Haha Quinny hates Petterd  :P I think he's a certainly in our best 22.

I'd take out Newman and Foley and bring in Petterd and Gordon.

Then I think two of Grigg, Hunt and Lambert will probably be picked, the other unlucky to miss out.

Still early days though.

Haha nah I don't mind him but I see him for what he is which is a gap filler. He can slot in anywhere but doesn't have a particular role that he fills any better than the guys in my best 22. Just my opinion though

BigMac_93

Do you guys think we could line up with all four of Chaplin, Rance, Astbury and Grimes? For me, it would be too tall down back but I rate Grimes and it is hard for me to picture him being stuck in the VFL side.

I also think we could consider playing Vlaustin more in the midfield this year. He was drafted as a mid and I think after 2 seasons of developing down back he could be ready to step up to the midfield. Lids might spend less time in the mids this year given how good he was at half forward in the second half of last year.

Nige

Quote from: BigMac_93 on March 05, 2015, 10:34:20 PM
Do you guys think we could line up with all four of Chaplin, Rance, Astbury and Grimes? For me, it would be too tall down back but I rate Grimes and it is hard for me to picture him being stuck in the VFL side.

I also think we could consider playing Vlaustin more in the midfield this year. He was drafted as a mid and I think after 2 seasons of developing down back he could be ready to step up to the midfield. Lids might spend less time in the mids this year given how good he was at half forward in the second half of last year.
It's a tough one, because they're all quite good and should be in the team but Astbury and Grimes do have their injury troubles too.

We also have Jack, Ty, Griff (who can also play down back, not really needed though) up forward plus Ivan in the ruck.

It would be a tough call, but I think Grimes would be the first to be dropped/not get a gig.

quinny88

Quote from: BigMac_93 on March 05, 2015, 10:34:20 PM

I think it will depend on the match ups of that week but Grimes is pretty versatile and often plays on a small so I don't see why they can't play together most weeks

Jroo

Yep agree with Quinny, Grimes can play small as well as tall, so it's possible.

Kellogscrunchynut

How do people rate Astbury, my mate reckons that if it weren't for injuries he'd be an AA full back, I thought that was an extreme statement on the other hand.

shaker

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on March 06, 2015, 11:37:56 AM
How do people rate Astbury, my mate reckons that if it weren't for injuries he'd be an AA full back, I thought that was an extreme statement on the other hand.

Because of his injuries we only have seen glimpses of how good he could be , so he needs to get through a full season to really see his potential