Main Menu

Richmond Best 22 2015

Started by Toga, October 07, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

He might actually be competing with Newman and Batch for a spot on the bench even when you think about it. He's quite a versatile defender so yeah, while he's the perfect size for a third tall he could also play on those shorter types that aren't too pacey

Kellogscrunchynut

Only just noticed that Grimes finally got a decent amount of games in this season.

Toga

So I have updated the OP with our draftees last night. I can't really see any of them pushing for games in 2015 (except maybe Ellis).

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 28, 2014, 10:47:21 AM
So I have updated the OP with our draftees last night. I can't really see any of them pushing for games in 2015 (except maybe Ellis).
I reckon Drummond could also be a chance if he works hard.

Kellogscrunchynut

Reece McKenzie looks like he has the body to play, would he be a chance to push for games late in the season?

Nige

The AFL site posted their take on how each club's best 22 could look in Round 1.

Richmond
B: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, David Astbury
HB: Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Steven Morris
C: Nick Vlastuin, Reece Conca, Brandon Ellis
HF: Dustin Martin, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
F: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Gordon
R: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles
I/C: Chris Newman, Taylor Hunt, Ricky Petterd
Sub: Nathan Foley

New: Taylor Hunt (Geelong)
Unavailable: Nil

Comment: The Tigers are playing Carlton in round one and the Blues have some tall options in their forward line, which could see the yellow and black go in with a bigger backline. Later on, a need for more run could see a reshuffle with Grimes a casualty in favour of Morris moving to a back pocket, Vlastuin to a back flank and Shaun Grigg onto a wing. Astbury's early season form before his knee injury this year sees him get the nod over Jake Batchelor. There's also scope to move the forward line around and bring in another tall, with Ty Vickery missing out based on the Tigers' preferred set-up late in the season that used Griffiths instead. Liam McBean could push for a senior debut at some stage after finishing fourth in the VFL's goalkicking. The likes of Sam Lloyd, Chris Knights and Matt McDonough will compete with Gordon for a spot in the forward line. The Tigers spent much of last season trying to discover Ben Lennon's best position and he'll be looking to break into the team early after off-season hip surgery. - Jennifer Phelan

The names that are probably the interesting omissions are Shaun Grigg and Tyrone Vickery, but Jen Phelan talks about them.

Toga

Nige

The Herald Sun's take on our best 22:

B: Troy Chaplin, David Astbury, Steven Morris

HB: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli

C: Brandon Ellis, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards

HF: Brett Deledio, Ben Griffiths, Nick Vlastuin

F: Ty Vickery, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Lennon

FOLL: Ivan Maric, Anthony Miles, Trent Cotchin

I/C: Chris Newman, Shaun Grigg, Taylor Hunt, Reece Conca

Not picked: Jake Batchelor, Nathan Foley, Nathan Gordon, Sam Lloyd, Chris Knights

Astbury returns from a knee injury and takes Batchelor’s spot. Ben Lennon will get more chances in his second season but Gordon, Lloyd and Knights are all contenders for that small forward spot. The Tigers say they want to play Riewoldt, Griffiths and Vickery in the same side.

Nige

I think Lennon or Grigg come out for Gordon, that's the only change I'd make.

quinny88

Nige

T Dog

Nige

quinny88

Been years since we've knocked off Collingwood. Reckon we owe them a few floggings

T Dog

Quote from: quinny88 on January 24, 2015, 09:13:20 PM
Been years since we've knocked off Collingwood. Reckon we owe them a few floggings

No ;D