Main Menu

Richmond Best 22 2015

Started by Toga, October 07, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: shaker on October 08, 2014, 09:37:59 AM
If we can get Winderlich as a UFA good but reported in todays herald sun Dan Richardson said they would not trade for him they really seem intent on keeping the picks intact this year , as for Garlett prefer we steer clear look at him he is built like a whippet but rarely plays like one lazy in my opinion probably why Malthouse put a line through him well before the end of the season .
Yeah, I agree.

Just on Licka, I reckon we'll end up getting him through free agency, a bit like how the NDS joined the Roos (heard/read something the other day comparing the two).

shaker

Quote from: Nige on October 08, 2014, 09:44:50 AM
If we can get Winderlich as a UFA good but reported in todays herald sun Dan Richardson said they would not trade for him they really seem intent on keeping the picks intact this year , as for Garlett prefer we steer clear look at him he is built like a whippet but rarely plays like one lazy in my opinion probably why Malthouse put a line through him well before the end of the season .
Yeah, I agree.

Just on Licka, I reckon we'll end up getting him through free agency, a bit like how the NDS joined the Roos (heard/read something the other day comparing the two).

Yeah the Bombers have to release him for it to happen as the Saints did with NDS if we can pick him up for nicks he would be worth a shot for a year or two fast classy player and a goal kicker the only drawback is he has been a bit fragile but those are the risks you take

Jroo

Quote from: shaker on October 08, 2014, 09:50:46 AM
Quote from: Nige on October 08, 2014, 09:44:50 AM
Yeah, I agree.

Yeah the Bombers have to release him for it to happen as the Saints did with NDS if we can pick him up for nicks he would be worth a shot for a year or two fast classy player and a goal kicker the only drawback is he has been a bit fragile but those are the risks you take
Yeah that's the only way we'll get him. Not confident though, Essendon are flowerwits to deal with.

quinny88

So what team do we want to see run out rd 1?
A lot of water to go under the bridge over pre season but at this stage I'd like to see.

FB: Morris, Astbury, Chaplin

HB: Houli, Rance, Vlastuin

CR: Ellis, Miles, Deledio

HF: Martin, Griffiths, Edwards

FF: Lennon, Riewoldt, Lloyd

Fol: Maric, Cotchin, Hunt

Int: Vickery, Conca, Newman sub: McDonough

There's a battle for the back six but I think we can only afford to have 3 of Rance, Chappy, Astbury and Grimes. Rance is the only lock. The other 2 spots are a battle between the other 3.
Makes it very hard for mid sized backs like Batchelor, Dea and Petterd to break into the side.

The battle for mid spots is tough. Can't see a spot for regulars like Foley or Grigg though? Which leaves guys like Matty Thomas and Arnot (rookie anyway) a long way back.

Forward line is tough competition too but unfortunately it's not because of endless talent but more because of endless "maybe" players.
Jack the only lock as a tall. Vickery, Griffiths, Hampson and hopefully McBean and Elton all to fight for 1 or 2 spots. Please 1 of you have a monster season!
Small forwards are also a bit "meh" Titch is a lock but can't really say any of Lloyd, Lennon, Knights or Gordon scream out for a spot. Hopefully 1 or 2 of them really turn it on next year too.

A lot of blokes that should be busting their ass to get a game round 1 as there is definitely hefty competition for spots on all lines which is a great thing. Just hope that they pick the guys that earn it and want it the most and not just go with names (looking at Grigg)

Jroo

I had a look at this a couple of weeks ago.
I reckon we'll go something like:

B: Morris Chaplin Astbury
HB: Houli Rance Vlastuin
M: Ellis Miles Grigg
HF: Lids Griffiths Shedwards
F: Vickery Jroo Dusty
Foll: Maric Cotch Petterd

Int: Hunt Conca Gordon

Sub: One of Lennon, Madonna, Newy or Foley.

I like Grimes, but see it hard for him to keep his spot with Astbury coming back. Maybe he could replace Chappy.

Petterd is a lock, IMO. Really impressed by him this year, he can play anywhere.

Gordon I think done enough to suggest he has a spot next year, in the 22. I'd rather play Lids and Dusty as fwds, meaning we can select another 1 or 2 mids, instead if Lloyd or Kmights.

Not sure on Grigg, still think they'll persist with him, as can't see one of Lennon or Madonna taking his spot just yet. By the end of the year, they may though.

quinny88

Just dont like the look of Grigg on that right wing  :-X
He is slow and not damaging with his disposal. Happy for him to prove me wrong though

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on November 13, 2014, 03:00:15 PM
Just dont like the look of Grigg on that right wing  :-X
He is slow and not damaging with his disposal. Happy for him to prove me wrong though
Yeah I agree, don't rate him either. Just think we'll give him another go, until he's forced out.

kilbluff1985

i thought Gordon would be getting the odd vest also?

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 13, 2014, 05:24:25 PM
Yeah a chance.
I like him though, he's dangerous up forward.

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 13, 2014, 05:24:25 PM
Nup, not anymore.

Toga

FB: Morris, Astbury, Chaplin
HB: Vlastuin, Rance, Houli
C: Ellis, Miles, Deledio
HF: Gordon, Griffiths, Knights
FF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery
Foll: Maric, Cotchin, Martin

IC: Conca, Newman, Hunt
S: Grigg/Lennon/McDonough

Astbury fit has our backline looking strong - Chaplin won't have to take the resting ruck anymore and will return to that quarterback type role that he is suited to. Vlastuin could be a part of midfield rotations, but has a good intercept mark so don't mind him on the back flank. Rance and Houli are both locks, if Morris' shoulder is ok next year then he is as well.

Midfield is self-explanatory, and it's looking a lot better from the start with Miles in there. Martin/Edwards, Gordon/Deledio swapping on the ball, with Conca and Hunt both capable off the bench.

Griffiths, Vickery and Riewoldt should be able to play together, but if we're looking to go small some weeks then swap one of Griffiths/Vickery with Lloyd. Knights will play if fit IMO, although will compete with McDonough and Lennon for a starting spot.

quinny88

None of us putting Grimes in despite a top 10 b&f finish?
Gonna be good competition for spots down back

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on November 14, 2014, 12:29:24 PM
He finished 11th  :P

Which is still pretty decent

I'm not sure who comes out for him though, I like him as he can play small or tall.

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on November 14, 2014, 12:29:24 PM

Yeah, he'll be competing with Chappy for that third tall spot I think, while he deserves to play it means there's good competition.

Some of the more recent phantom drafts have us taking Sam Durdin at #12 - Grimes not fitting in to the team means for me it wouldn't make sense to get Durdin... What do you guys think?

quinny88

Well 11th then lol. But yeah,I don't see a spot for him but maybe they will go with all 4?
Like you said Toga, he can play tall or small