Main Menu

Swans Preseason 2015 thread

Started by stew42, September 27, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Sydney Swans @sydneyswans  9m 9 minutes ago
Rhyce Shaw and @adamroy37 will be back with the Swans next year. More: http://bit.ly/YZeQdH  #SkiltonMedal #goswans

stew42

Dangerous words, I know, but would anyone have rathered keep Membrey over Goodes? I think I would've...

SydneyRox

Quote from: stew42 on October 05, 2014, 04:36:12 PM
Dangerous words, I know, but would anyone have rathered keep Membrey over Goodes? I think I would've...

honestly, i think he just inst up to the grade, towers is almost the same type of player, he got 3-4games this year, so it isnt just goodes or reid he has to get in front of

Mailman the 2nd

I like Membrey a lot more than Towers though. He showed he can lead and his height is misleading considering how he can mark.

Towers just feels like a poor crumber at the moment. He had the record for best vertical jump but I haven't sen it at all yet

My Chumps

Goodes was far from our worst player in the Granny. Don't think he's much of an issue as far as going another year.

Reece Shaw though has to be dropped if Malceski stays. Can't afford to have Eski, Rohan and Shaw in the same backline, and Shaw's the worst with the footy and has the least potential.

Sam Reid has to learn to play in the backline or he should be traded. I love the kid but we can't afford to have KTip, Buddy, Goodes and Reid up front. Surely we'd get something pretty good for him too?

I also reckon McGlynn has to go back to more of a crumbing forward role. He's been good this year in the guts, don't get me wrong, but it's not where we need him right now.

Mailman the 2nd

So Heeney, Hiscox and Davis go for rounds 1,2 and 4 respectively. Bit disappointing we don't have 2nd but I wonder what type of player we'll look at for round 3.

SydneyRox

Still should get a 2nd round compo for Eski. Plus most likely another 3rd for membrey. If all the Reid talk pans out could be more.

Though I would be hopeful we could work a defender like Patfull into the trade talks.

sammy123

Well from watching the Grand final. I would ask rohan and jetta. To look elsewhere both were diagusting. Jetta looked uninterested

sammy123

Wish eski would stay such a quality defender

Mailman the 2nd

Malceski is happy to stay if we can squeeze him in. Rohan and Jetta are best 22 staples for years to come.

My Chumps

Pretty confident Eski will stay tbh. His manager said he wants to stay, just about meeting his needs.

AFEV

Quote from: My Chumps on October 06, 2014, 05:02:03 PM
Pretty confident Eski will stay tbh. His manager said he wants to stay, just about meeting his needs.
Guess you didn't. Would have preferred to see Eski stay at the Swans. :(

Ziplock

kilbluff1985

SydneyRox

yeah, not very happy but it is what it is.

We have eski covered to replace, but not sure it bodes well for future losses either.