Main Menu

Swans Preseason 2015 thread

Started by stew42, September 27, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

So now I guess we can bring up one of these.

What should we target in the trade period? Who should we draft? Who should we delist/will retire? What will our best 22 be like next year?

stew42

Stew42's Best 22 next year (trades pending, subject to change):

B: N Smith, T Richards, D Rampe
HB: R Shaw, H Grundy, A Johnson
M: N Malceski, D Hannebury, K Jack
HF: Jetta, Franklin, Cunningham
F: McGlynn, Tippett, Reid
Foll: Pyke, Kennedy, Parker
Int: Rohan, Mitchell, Lloyd, Bird

I actually hope Goodes retires, time for Membrey to step up imo, who can take Cunners' or Lloyd's spot. Biggs would also be knocking on the door...

roo boys!

Looks like you reckon Shaw will go around again stew?

stew42

Not too sure, missed that one! If he does go, move Mal to halfback and bring in another mid

Mailman the 2nd

No way Johnson will be up by round 1

Capper

Doubt AJ will play next year at all. Shaw will play next year but after that who knows. Eski is similar.

We cant keep playing Eski and Shaw off the HB line though as the pressure we got today showed.

I would also like to see Smith as one of the captains with Macca. Nothing against KJack but i think Smith will be a future captain

Toga

You guys have got a steal locked in with Pick 17 in Heeney by the looks of it, I gather it will take a while before he'll break into the team though?

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 27, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
You guys have got a steal locked in with Pick 17 in Heeney by the looks of it, I gather it will take a while before he'll break into the team though?
He's a serious talent. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him crack the seniors at some stage in 2015.

Capper

Quote from: Nige on September 27, 2014, 10:58:43 PM
Quote from: Toga on September 27, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
He's a serious talent. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him crack the seniors at some stage in 2015.
he is a gun and has been tearing it up ion the 2s and championships.

Pretty sure our first 3 picks are already in place for this year with Heaney, abe?? and Dunkley

Toga

Pretty sure Dunkley is next year tabsy as he's also been touted as a first rounder.

Can you see Heeney breaking in for some games next year or think he'll be a few more years off given the talent of your list?

Capper

I couldnt find the link about our first 3 picks but i remember Dunkley will go with 3rd round pick as Heaney and I think Abe (not sure) will go with our first 2 picks via academy

Toga

Check this article out, says Dunkley is eligible to be drafted end of 2015.

Pretty sure he's been tipped to cost the Swans an early pick as well.

Capper

ok so Dunkley is the year after. I was right with Abe but there was a 3rd player that we might take from the academy this year.

We cant stack up on all mids though

stew42

I like the look of Jack Hiscox, medium fwd, but crumbs very well, plays more like a small

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: stew42 on September 28, 2014, 04:42:23 AM
I like the look of Jack Hiscox, medium fwd, but crumbs very well, plays more like a small

I've played with him, he's crazy fast (like 800m nationals fast) and a very strong mark as well. He's got regular reserves games interstate with Davis and Henney so we might pick him up later in the draft?