Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Lachie Weller to talk to trade radio at 9.15am our time.

valkorum

Balic only got a 1 year deal with Melbourne

kilbluff1985

Geelong’s Darcy Lang has nominated Carlton as his club of choice.
H/T Anthony Hudson, SEN.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 18, 2017, 01:58:15 PM
Geelong’s Darcy Lang has nominated Carlton as his club of choice.
H/T Anthony Hudson, SEN.

Well that's going to flower Geelong's chances of getting GAJ - will be harder now because they where hoping Lang would go to GC as part of a deal for GAJ

Ricochet

Weller to GC
Gary to Gee
Duncan to Freo :P

Mat0369

Maybe we can send Graham as part of a deal. He's probably a similar fringe talent to Lang and if they can move him to GC he helps give them an inside mid to help blood the guys coming through.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2017, 02:20:57 PM
Maybe we can send Graham as part of a deal. He's probably a similar fringe talent to Lang and if they can move him to GC he helps give them an inside mid to help blood the guys coming through.
Being a fringe talent at Geelong is a bit different to being a fringe talent at Carlton ;)

But I'm saying that Graham dominates in the reserves and if he could get his confidence up would be a great get for Gold Coast!

GoLions

Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2017, 02:38:21 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2017, 02:20:57 PM
Being a fringe talent at Geelong is a bit different to being a fringe talent at Carlton ;)

But I'm saying that Graham dominates in the reserves and if he could get his confidence up would be a great get for Gold Coast!
Fwiw Lang isn't fringe anymore (missed a fair bit with injury and returned straight away in the finals and killed it), he just wants more midfield time.

Ricochet

Sounds like Gibbs talks are really ramping up now

shaker

Really up to Geelong to cough up something for Gaz they have offered very little so far and Gaz is on the end of a million dollar contract and would not blame GC if they made him sit out next year the Cats need to step up or shut up

kilbluff1985

apparently Gibbs wife said she wont go to Adelaide lol

Dave085

Quote from: TomK on October 18, 2017, 12:00:27 AM
It's not like we were expecting Brisbane to accept trading Zorko hahaha, just gotta start negotiations at the highest point and then go down :P

Quote from: GoLions on October 17, 2017, 11:52:36 PM
Quote from: Jay on October 17, 2017, 11:37:01 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 17, 2017, 11:30:34 PM

lol wtf
Beauty of a contracted player, you can ask for whatever you want. Like Carlton did wanting 19 first round picks for Gibbs last year. It's just posturing, I think we'll accept pick 12.
That would require us offering pick 12, which won't happen unless you give us 16. Cameron isn't worth a top 20 pick (which we already offered), so Crows will either fold, or we'll get him for free next year.
He's worth more than 16 + himself for 12 though, that's ridiculous, but I suppose he won't have the chance to kick 5 in a prelim up at Brisbane though ;)

He has improved so much since he debut. His speed is so dangerous and once he can improve his disposal efficiency and shot at goal whilst running at speed he will be a very valuable player. Like I said, he has improved a lot, and everything that he needed to improve from one year to another has been evident. I'm confident he will be able to achieve this.

He is worth a top 20 pick.

Mat0369

Apart from the fact he is stuck behind Cripps who plays the same role  :P

Graham is an elite VFL level footballer, he so far has been a below average AFL footballer. He is in the mould of a less talented Brock McLean. There probably isn't a whole lot that separates him and Lang in terms of ability, they play different positions and both are pretty meh. Geelong aren't exactly world beaters after their top 3 mids.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 18, 2017, 02:49:32 PM
apparently Gibbs wife said she wont go to Adelaide lol
'
Good luck with that then. She was scapegoated as the reason for the move last year. If they're both happy in Melbourne (which is probably the case if she doesn't want to go to Adelaide) then I can't see a trade getting done.

I'm still trying to figure out how much of this is media BS because it has been a slow trade week or if it's legit that he is happy to move. My dad was watching the news the other night and they were interviewing Bryce at the airport, it was an 'all exclusive that says Gibbs is open to a trade'. It was pretty much Bryce not giving him anything, sounding pissed off and saying he was contracted for two more years at Carlton.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2017, 02:59:16 PM

Apart from the fact he is stuck behind Cripps who plays the same role  :P

Graham is an elite VFL level footballer, he so far has been a below average AFL footballer. He is in the mould of a less talented Brock McLean. There probably isn't a whole lot that separates him and Lang in terms of ability, they play different positions and both are pretty meh. Geelong aren't exactly world beaters after their top 3 mids.
Would Lang even be a walk up start in our 22?

Mat0369

Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2017, 03:02:37 PM
Would Lang even be a walk up start in our 22?

Probably not, but he fits a position of need better than Graham. I think he becomes one of those depth guys fighting for a spot in the 22 with Kerridge, Thomas, Cuningham, Boekhorst (I'd say Lang means we cut him) and a few others.

We were desperate for half forward flankers that could also push through the midfield. Since SOS has been at Carlton he has gone after a lot of these types on the cheap in hopes of hitting on one or two. Lamb came along pretty well at the end of last year and has found a role in the side. Cuningham has showed he can be a long term prospect in the middle and if we end up with Rayner that's another you can throw in the mix.

I rated Lang a couple of years ago but he seemed to stagnate and could never really take the step past promising. Sometimes a change in scenery helps these guys and it could work in our favour. Smedts is one we probably thought we could rehabilitate and get him to play to his talent level but sometimes they are just nothing more than fringe players.