Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Brisbane officially declined to match PA offer for Rockliff.

Koop

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 11, 2017, 06:11:39 PM
Brisbane officially declined to match PA offer for Rockliff.

Daddy  :-* :-* :-*

TomK

Quote from: Gigantor on October 11, 2017, 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2017, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on October 11, 2017, 05:14:56 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 11, 2017, 05:09:53 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-11/host-of-clubs-want-to-bring-zac-back

is it bad that when I read this title I assumed it was Zac Dawson?

#thatshowmuchirateclarke

Read a good comment today aimed at Taylor Walker,

"If success is measured by grand final appearances then Zac Dawson is more successful than Walker"  ;D
More successful than all of West Coast's squad at the moment as well then? ::)

Yes that is correct but no West Coast players are currently sooking and throwing out ridiculous comments about being successful
How is it ridiculous? The comment is about FUTURE success, he isn't saying that he is currently successful, do you honestly think Melbourne are better placed for success than Adelaide? Is he not allowed to speak his mind about a player leaving?

This Tex bashing is pathetic!

Ringo

shaker

TomK

Gigantor

Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2017, 06:14:04 PM

#thatshowmuchirateclarke

"If success is measured by grand final appearances then Zac Dawson is more successful than Walker"  ;D

Yes that is correct but no West Coast players are currently sooking and throwing out ridiculous comments about being successful
How is it ridiculous? The comment is about FUTURE success, he isn't saying that he is currently successful, do you honestly think Melbourne are better placed for success than Adelaide? Is he not allowed to speak his mind about a player leaving?

Yeah Adelaide is in a better position than Melbourne but not so much that it warrants that comment from Walker. If it was North or Gold Coast or something then yeah feel free to have a dig but Melbourne are on the rise and there is no reason they couldn't be within 3-4 positions of Adelaide next year. Like this year if Melbourne had beaten Adelaide in rd 17, Crows and Melbourne would have finished 5th and 7th, so not really that much in it.

As far as the Tex bashing, he has come out and said some fairly strong and polarizing comments, which he's allowed to. The problem is 99.9% of the country don't have the full story regarding Lever so yeah to some people his comments look like sour grapes and seem unprofessional for a team captain. Maybe Lever is a complete flog and Tex is totally justified but we will never know the full story so some Tex bashing is going to happen.

TomK

Quote from: Gigantor on October 11, 2017, 06:29:00 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2017, 06:14:04 PM

#thatshowmuchirateclarke

Yeah Adelaide is in a better position than Melbourne but not so much that it warrants that comment from Walker. If it was North or Gold Coast or something then yeah feel free to have a dig but Melbourne are on the rise and there is no reason they couldn't be within 3-4 positions of Adelaide next year. Like this year if Melbourne had beaten Adelaide in rd 17, Crows and Melbourne would have finished 5th and 7th, so not really that much in it.

As far as the Tex bashing, he has come out and said some fairly strong and polarizing comments, which he's allowed to. The problem is 99.9% of the country don't have the full story regarding Lever so yeah to some people his comments look like sour grapes and seem unprofessional for a team captain. Maybe Lever is a complete flog and Tex is totally justified but we will never know the full story so some Tex bashing is going to happen.
I agree with that all, I don't blame Tex for having confidence in his side going all the way and maybe 'success' was the wrong word by itself, 'potential success' maybe would've been better or just leaving it out all together and saying he chased money.

Tex would obviously know a lot more than the media, and the general public which is why I believe he is more reliable in this situation. He never carried on like this about Dangerfield, and even Charlie this year, Lever must have done something to piss the club off, other than just leaving.

shaker

Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2017, 06:28:15 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 11, 2017, 06:24:39 PM
Lol Tex bashing
What's so funny?
I'm just finding the whole Lever Walker spat very amusing can't wait till they line up on each other next year if he gets to the Dee's the coach has to send Lever to him it must happen as for all this talk of success counting your chickens usually blows up in your face  :D

Purple 77

I mean, I know Zac Clarke ain't great, but with Spencer gone... wouldn't mind that extra insurance. I'd take him at the Dees.

enzedder

St.Kilda trade update...courtesy of jaxons on SS...

Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.

Ricochet

Quote from: enzedder on October 11, 2017, 09:00:33 PM

We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.
If Freo find one for Wilson they will

But i dunno where that will come from

enzedder

Quote from: Ricochet on October 11, 2017, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: enzedder on October 11, 2017, 09:00:33 PM

If Freo find one for Wilson they will

But i dunno where that will come from
Yeah, there's got to be some action to have more action... looks like the Saints may just hold their trades.
Maybe Aidan Bonar may slide down to us. Looks worth the punt. Hopefully we will land one jet with one of those picks... two would be better but the odds of it happening is unlikely.

Bill Manspeaker

damn Hawthorn for having a better second half of the year. Dow, LDU or Rayner would be really nice

Ringo

Keeping the Hawthorn link going

Hartung, Hodge, Whitecross and pick 43 traded for Schache

Will take it if true,  But think the pick should be Brisbanes 4th Rounder thoughg.