Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 05, 2017, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 05, 2017, 12:20:49 PM
Dev Smith to the Dons!
Yes!!!

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
Dons will do very well if they add Stringer and Devon.
Not the big bodied mids they need but there's plenty of talent between those two
Would really prefer if we left Stringer to the Cats and grabbed Miles instead. Would be our shopping done for the Trade Period.

If Stringer knuckles down, pulls his finger out AND gets his shower together he could be a top 5 player in the comp in 2 years. You'd be crazy to want Miles over the enormous upside of the Package.

shaker

Quote from: meow meow on October 05, 2017, 01:46:35 PM
Dev Smith to the Dons!
Yes!!!

Not the big bodied mids they need but there's plenty of talent between those two
Would really prefer if we left Stringer to the Cats and grabbed Miles instead. Would be our shopping done for the Trade Period.

If Stringer knuckles down, pulls his finger out AND gets his shower together he could be a top 5 player in the comp in 2 years. You'd be crazy to want Miles over the enormous upside of the Package.
Apart from all the knuckles and fingers he seems to be a bit of a problem child otherwise why would the Doggies be flicking him and if you think he could be so good why would they not persist , Dusty was a bit of a loose cannon and look how that turned out ?

RaisyDaisy

Saad has nominated Essendon

Looks like the Don's will be very busy in the trade period!

Ricochet

Damian Barrett says St Kilda has offered Tomlinson a 5 year deal

RaisyDaisy

Trengove reportedly sighted at the Doggies already taking pictures with a Doggies top on

Saints have tabled a 5 year deal to Tomlinson, even though he signed on for 2 more years this year

Jukes

Stringer and 26 for 11
26 for Smith
28 for Saad

I think those trades would be pretty reasonable for the three guys we're closest linked with. Would've preferred Miles but oh well, maybe we can still snag him - would be open to offloading Josh Green and/or Colyer for him.

Jroo

Quote from: Jukes on October 05, 2017, 04:47:53 PM
Stringer and 26 for 11
26 for Smith
28 for Saad

I think those trades would be pretty reasonable for the three guys we're closest linked with. Would've preferedr Miles but oh well, maybe we can still snag him - would be open to offloading Josh Green and/or Colyer for him.
Yeah would've though another mid would've been the priority. Miles wouldn't cost much though, a 3rd rounder would get him for sure

Jukes

Quote from: JROO8 on October 05, 2017, 04:51:53 PM
Stringer and 26 for 11
26 for Smith
28 for Saad

I think those trades would be pretty reasonable for the three guys we're closest linked with. Would've preferred Miles but oh well, maybe we can still snag him - would be open to offloading Josh Green and/or Colyer for him.
Yeah would've though another mid would've been the priority. Miles wouldn't cost much though, a 3rd rounder would get him for sure

It should be, but I won't complain too much seeing as we could be bringing in two pretty good players (Stringer and Smith) and a solid player (Saad) for picks 11 and 28. I'm a bit bias because I've owned Miles in ASC for a good half decade, but I rate him pretty highly and he definitely fits a need so I'd put him on equal priority with Stringer and Smith.

meow meow

Stringer and 26 for 11
26 for Smith
28 for Saad

Pretty sure we'd want 11 for Stringer without having to add our 2nd rounder.

RaisyDaisy

You guys realise Smith is leaving GWS because he wasn't getting mid time?

He will be a mid at Essendon, which is what you need

He'll spend time forward I'm sure, but he wants to be a mid which is why he's leaving

elephants

Dev Smith to the Dons!
Yes!!!

Yeah agree 100%. The upside of Stringer is enormous. Miles is a very limited footballer

kilbluff1985

i don't want Miles get games into Mutch/Clarke

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 05, 2017, 05:40:36 PM
Dev Smith to the Dons!
Yes!!!

Yeah agree 100%. The upside of Stringer is enormous. Miles is a very limited footballer

Stringer could be a Brownlow medalist...or could be Clive Waterhouse...

Nige

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 05, 2017, 05:40:36 PM
Dev Smith to the Dons!
Yes!!!

Stringer could be a Brownlow medalist...or could be Clive Waterhouse...
Don't mention their names in the same sentence again.

Clive was and always will be a legend in a league of his own.

meow meow

Tippett going to the Suns for basically nothing. Swans happy to give him away if GC pay his contract, freeing up the Swans squeeze.

Duncan going to the Suns too. Maybe as part of the GAJ trade. Suns will have to give up extra so I'm thinking their 2nd rounder or perhaps Rory Thompson to replace Lonergan.