kilbluff1985

powersuperkents

Don't forget the fourth hit.

North hitting rock bottom  ;)

Hellopplz

Big Mac

nrich102

Mat0369

If the Rockliff rumor is true I don't think the Dees are targeting the right type of midfielder. Say they get Lewis and Rockliff, that gives them two more guys that can get a lot of the pill that are not going to break lines. However, they also have Viney, Tyson, Jones, Brayshaw, Oliver and a bunch of other guys that fill that role. Bringing in Lewis makes sense, but I thought they would look at getting some more outside pace to play on the wing that these guys can feed out the ball.

Salem might move onto the wing if Hibberd plays at HB, Petracca will likely be used as a high half forward but he might be able to do this as well. I still think they are one short before they can really start doing some damage in terms of finals. I can't think of any of these guys that are available off the top of my head so maybe that's why they are going the other way.

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 15, 2016, 04:12:50 PM
why would Rocky got from Brisbane to Adelaide lol (state not team)

Grrrrrrrrr ruff ruff.

Big Mac

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2016, 02:13:42 AM
If the Rockliff rumor is true I don't think the Dees are targeting the right type of midfielder. Say they get Lewis and Rockliff, that gives them two more guys that can get a lot of the pill that are not going to break lines. However, they also have Viney, Tyson, Jones, Brayshaw, Oliver and a bunch of other guys that fill that role. Bringing in Lewis makes sense, but I thought they would look at getting some more outside pace to play on the wing that these guys can feed out the ball.

Salem might move onto the wing if Hibberd plays at HB, Petracca will likely be used as a high half forward but he might be able to do this as well. I still think they are one short before they can really start doing some damage in terms of finals. I can't think of any of these guys that are available off the top of my head so maybe that's why they are going the other way.

I'm guessing Salem, Hunt, Hibberd, Melksham, Stretch and Vince will make up the half back/wing rotation

Then in terms of mids, Oliver has great vision, Brayshaw has pretty good disposal (on both feet), and Tracca good explosiveness/marking, which makes for a decent mix

I mean ideally we land someone with Deledio's skills but a bit younger, but we'd be silly to turn down Rocky + Lewis imo

I really can't see us getting Rocky though

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 16, 2016, 05:26:33 AM
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/10/brendan-fevolas-massive-jordan-lewis-news

interesting read
hard to take fev seriously at the best of times let alone right after he said he could kick 80+ goals for Carlton in 2017

RaisyDaisy

Melbourne has offered Lewis a 3 year deal as we all know, but WAtoday is reporting that Goldy actually had a medical at WCE  :o

WCE and North both denying it though

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 16, 2016, 03:40:08 AM

I'm guessing Salem, Hunt, Hibberd, Melksham, Stretch and Vince will make up the half back/wing rotation

Then in terms of mids, Oliver has great vision, Brayshaw has pretty good disposal (on both feet), and Tracca good explosiveness/marking, which makes for a decent mix

I mean ideally we land someone with Deledio's skills but a bit younger, but we'd be silly to turn down Rocky + Lewis imo

Would Harmes be another outside option in the long-run?

Purple 77

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2016, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 16, 2016, 03:40:08 AM

Would Harmes be another outside option in the long-run?

He made his name as a contested ball winner in the VFL in 2015 before making his way as a regular for us. He ended up playing a fair bit in defence actually. But I wouldn't think so, as he does have good contested attributes, and not the best disposal.

Purple 77

Surely Fisher is moved on now?