Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: strikes91 on October 12, 2016, 06:22:08 PM
Lol rocky not in Adelaide. bloke that put up the picture owns up.
:'(

what a shower bloke getting my hopes up like that hahaha

strikes91

Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2016, 06:24:11 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on October 12, 2016, 06:22:08 PM
Lol rocky not in Adelaide. bloke that put up the picture owns up.
:'(

what a shower bloke getting my hopes up like that hahaha

He was in Melbourne today but for a meeting with Chris Fagan

Vinny

What kind of argument is contracts don't matter? Gibbs is contracted at Carlton and if we can't find a trade we like, he will stay. Not going to let players leave for less than what we think is right because contracts don't matter apparently.

Gibbs requested a trade because they had a kid and his wife wants to be closer to home. I can guarantee he still loves the Blues. He is an A-Grade midfielder and vital to a rebuilding club like ours for leadership; so we are perfectly entitled to play hard ball.

Would be a great get for Adelaide and I'm happy for him to go but if SOS isn't happy with the deal, then he won't go.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on October 12, 2016, 06:10:40 PM
Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 06:07:17 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 12, 2016, 05:59:31 PM
But Jay, Lyons having less TOG might be a reflection of his poor fitness levels ;) :P
I think its more the fact that we rotated a lot of guys through the midfield last season and our forward line isn't an easy one to get a gig in!

Look at Kerridge and Matty Wright, both had career seasons once they got that increased opportunity. And Lyons is far better than both of them.
It might be, but it might also be the case that Lyons would get rotated less if his fitness was better ;) Maybe I'm wrong, I'm definitely taking the piss like everyone else (except most Crows fans) in this thread, but your assumption might be incorrect ;)
It might be. But yours almost definitely is :P I think given he's putting up really good numbers in 70% game time, going to 80% in a weaker team wouldn't be an issue at all. And even if you don't adjust for TOG, the point still stands. The numbers are close, and factoring in age they're pretty much equal. It's just that Gibbs is a big name player for a big Victorian club which is why there's even a discussion as to whether Lyons + pick 13 is enough.

Yes I know you were tacking the mick, but I wanted to get this point across anyway haha. Bryce Gibbs is a very good player, but he isn't Koutoufides in his prime :P and Carlton are going to waste Gibbs' prime on a bottom 4 team if they hang onto him.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 12, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
Sigh. After being active for 4 straight years, I guess Melbourne were due for a quiet trade period  :-\

Still, I'm a sucker for more trade drama!

Could also take it as a sign that we have pretty much everything we need to challenge for a premiership  :P Just need to wait

LF

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 12, 2016, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 12, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
Sigh. After being active for 4 straight years, I guess Melbourne were due for a quiet trade period  :-\

Still, I'm a sucker for more trade drama!

Could also take it as a sign that we have pretty much everything we need to challenge for a premiership  :P Just need to wait

I thought Dunn was going

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 06:22:18 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 06:17:53 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 05:44:54 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 05:40:40 PM
Mitchell to the Hawks for pick 14 and the Blues want pick 13 and multiple players and a puppy etc etc for Gibbs bahahahahahah. Flower me.  :-\

Gibbs is contracted for 3 years.........

So flowering what, he wants out. Contracts mean sweet FA these days have for years all of a sudden their important again.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: Vinny on October 12, 2016, 05:56:00 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 05:44:54 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 05:40:40 PM
Mitchell to the Hawks for pick 14 and the Blues want pick 13 and multiple players and a puppy etc etc for Gibbs bahahahahahah. Flower me.  :-\

Gibbs is contracted for 3 years.........
Been said about a million times but crows fans don't understand...

We understand fine thanks mate, I think people are putting to much value in this 3 years left when it means jack shower, contracts haven't mattered for how long now all of a sudden they do, sheeeeesh.
He want's out whats so hard to understand. How the hell can Mitchell go to the Hawks for #14 and a couple of late picks yet Gibbs who is older is going to cost #13 and a some good players. It's a Crows thing I get it.

Because if Sydney dont trade Mitchell then he walks to the draft, if Carlton dont broker a trade for Gibbs then he still wears Blue next year!

He wont sit out like sooky McCarthy i bet he still loves the Blues he would just prefer a trade home.

I get that and I have no doubt he loves Carlton we've tried a few times to get him with no success.
The contract means plenty to the Blues I get that but it means nothing to us we're interested in the player who want's to come home. I just think the Blues are asking for to much to get it done. Let him stay in Vic doesn't bother me at all.
Keeping a player that want's to come home has never really been advantageous to anyone. People are freaking out because of 3 years left, nobody has broken a contract with 3 years left before plenty have done it with a little less time on contracts though so everyone's jumping up and down because of a extra year so what, I don't get it because if the AFL don't act it's going to become the new norm, hell it already is.

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 06:29:58 PM
But Jay, Lyons having less TOG might be a reflection of his poor fitness levels ;) :P
I think its more the fact that we rotated a lot of guys through the midfield last season and our forward line isn't an easy one to get a gig in!

Look at Kerridge and Matty Wright, both had career seasons once they got that increased opportunity. And Lyons is far better than both of them.
It might be, but it might also be the case that Lyons would get rotated less if his fitness was better ;) Maybe I'm wrong, I'm definitely taking the piss like everyone else (except most Crows fans) in this thread, but your assumption might be incorrect ;)
It might be. But yours almost definitely is :P I think given he's putting up really good numbers in 70% game time, going to 80% in a weaker team wouldn't be an issue at all. And even if you don't adjust for TOG, the point still stands. The numbers are close, and factoring in age they're pretty much equal. It's just that Gibbs is a big name player for a big Victorian club which is why there's even a discussion as to whether Lyons + pick 13 is enough.

Yes I know you were tacking the mick, but I wanted to get this point across anyway haha. Bryce Gibbs is a very good player, but he isn't Koutoufides in his prime :P and Carlton are going to waste Gibbs' prime on a bottom 4 team if they hang onto him.

No worries PB happy to play along and take the piss to and I guess i'm in there with your comment "most Crows supporters" lol just not happy to be taken for a ride and robbed by the Blues is all.
IMO he's not worth everything the Blues are asking for at 28 contract or no contract.

Money Shot

From what the articles say Lyons doesn't want to be at Carlton.

Why don't you just give us pick 13 and next years first round pick as your premiership window is now and it would be a "waste" to get young talent in if they won't be in their prime in your premiership window ;)

Vinny

Haha pretty simple, if Adelaide want him, they pay up for what SOS wants. If not, he stays!

TomK

Quote from: Money Shot on October 12, 2016, 06:45:33 PM

Why don't you just give us pick 13 and next years first round pick as your premiership window is now and it would be a "waste" to get young talent in if they won't be in their prime in your premiership window ;)
Because that's way overs

Mr.Craig

19 trades in 2014.
34 trades in 2015.

I think we should run a pool to see how many in 2016.

Jay

Quote from: Vinny on October 12, 2016, 06:46:52 PM
Haha pretty simple, if Adelaide want him, they pay up for what SOS wants. If not, he stays!
Yep this is what it comes down to. We'll be fine Gibbs or no Gibbs, I don't think we need to be desperate. Young players will improve, and our record on first round picks is very good.

Grazz

Quote from: Money Shot on October 12, 2016, 06:45:33 PM

Would be more than happy to do that.

Yes we'd like to have him who wouldn't but not for what their asking for imo.
SOS will stop packing the hooker and eventually come down off cloud nine and a deal will get done, almost always does when a player wan't to return home.

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 06:51:28 PM
Yep this is what it comes down to. We'll be fine Gibbs or no Gibbs, I don't think we need to be desperate. Young players will improve, and our record on first round picks is very good.

Jay you are the voice of reason, well said mate.

TomK

Lol not really. He's already asked for Lever, Crouch x2, Cameron, McGovern along with pick 13 and we've said no everytime and rightly so. Don't forget they're all contracted, we all know how much that means, plus they don't want to go to Carlton either. We will get Gibbs for pick 13 and whatever else, probably a second rounder we get for Lyons.

Grazz

Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2016, 06:54:41 PM
Lol not really. He's already asked for Lever, Crouch x2, Cameron, McGovern along with pick 13 and we've said no everytime and rightly so. Don't forget they're all contracted, we all know how much that means, plus they don't want to go to Carlton either. We will get Gibbs for pick 13 and whatever else, probably a second rounder we get for Lyons.

Exactly.
Crows against the world haha bring it on.  :P