Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Bontempelli, Liberatore, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Wallis, Dunkley, Jong, Stevens... even guys like Picken and Clay can't get a spot in that midfield. Webb, Hrovat and Honey are AFL quality but we just happen to have the best young midfield ever so it's difficult to get a spot. Won the VFL flag for a reason.

Mat0369

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2016, 07:53:54 PM
Why are we obliged to take Pickett? I'd prefer the Hrovat and H'Church combo, no need for him.

He is a top 5 pick that gives us some outside run. The only issue with him is the injuries which means we might be able to get him at a discount. In terms of potential he has a lot more then either of those guys. 

Jay

Lyons isn't a fringe player. If he played in Victoria, every Carlton fan would be stoked with #13 + Lyons for Gibbs.

By the time the Carlton rebuild is complete, Gibbs will be old. May as well get some good young talent in!

fanTCfool

Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2016, 07:58:36 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 10, 2016, 07:55:11 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2016, 07:53:54 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 07:12:08 PM
Quote from: Spite on October 10, 2016, 07:06:56 PM
Pickett requests trade to Blues so they will probably now have to give up something more significant

If that's true that makes it interesting. I think it comes down to what Adelaide can give GWS to make the deal satisfactory for them. Gibbs basically nets us those 3 and the blow doesn't look as bad.

Why are we obliged to take Pickett? I'd prefer the Hrovat and H'Church combo, no need for him.

Youd rather two VFL players then a top 5 draft pick with pace and potential?

Pickett had a pretty god gut last I saw, and H-Church and Hrovat will carve out good AFL careers imo, bit harsh labeling them VFL players

As mentioned by m2 and above, Hrovat and H-Church are certainly AFL grade. Pickett would be nice, but I don't think all three is necessary and I prefer the pair of Doggies.

St Kilda have supposedly offered Pick 10 for Tom Mitchell, making it harder for the Hawks to get a deal done, they have to up the ante.

I'd be very tempted to offer Pick 5 for  Mitchell + Towers, Mitchell would fill the Gibbs void reasonably well for the rest of the rebuild as he is younger than Gibbs.

Gibbs and Pick 5 out for Lyons, Pick 13, T Mitch and Towers
Pick 13 for Marchbank
Tuohy for Pick 34
Pick 34 for Hrovat and H-Church

Rusty00

Quote from: Scrads on October 10, 2016, 06:46:45 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 10, 2016, 06:39:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2016, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2016, 06:35:18 PM
6-8 Hawks are being discussed in the JOM deal

Ashcroft wouldn't reveal names, but sounds like Hawks have 6-8 they would entertain trading for JOM

Hawks have denied Bruest will be traded, although his name would be one of the 6-8
I'm gonna go with Isaac Smith being the one that is used
Ill be annoyed if Hawks get the overvalued currency of Hill and Smith.....

Out of all the players who actually have currency and are regulars in our side, Isaac is probably the one I'm most happy with leaving to get these deals over the line.
Even with us losing Hill? We'd be left with very little in the outside runners department.

Rusty00

So I haven't really read into it, but what's the go with Lyons? Does he want to go back to Vic or is he not happy with what the Crows are offering? He had a breakout year this year I find it hard to believe the Crows wouldn't want to keep him?

Or are they following the old sell high strategy?

RaisyDaisy

When has a player nominated a club and not got there?

Titch will get to Hawthorn, so Blues supporters should worry about other trades :P

I don't see a problem with Lyons plus 13 fwiw too

Too many fantasy coaches here undervaluing real life picks

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 10, 2016, 08:38:59 PM
So I haven't really read into it, but what's the go with Lyons? Does he want to go back to Vic or is he not happy with what the Crows are offering? He had a breakout year this year I find it hard to believe the Crows wouldn't want to keep him?

Or are they following the old sell high strategy?

More or less insulted by their offer

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 10, 2016, 08:36:53 PM
Quote from: Scrads on October 10, 2016, 06:46:45 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 10, 2016, 06:39:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2016, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2016, 06:35:18 PM
6-8 Hawks are being discussed in the JOM deal

Ashcroft wouldn't reveal names, but sounds like Hawks have 6-8 they would entertain trading for JOM

Hawks have denied Bruest will be traded, although his name would be one of the 6-8
I'm gonna go with Isaac Smith being the one that is used
Ill be annoyed if Hawks get the overvalued currency of Hill and Smith.....

Out of all the players who actually have currency and are regulars in our side, Isaac is probably the one I'm most happy with leaving to get these deals over the line.
Even with us losing Hill? We'd be left with very little in the outside runners department.
Enter Dallas Willsmore

_wato

If there's one good thing about all of this

It's that SC 2017 will be very interesting

Already lots of players I'm now considering

_wato

Also, plssssss Collingwood don't get Rocky

As much as I love him he carries a toxic culture and we have way too many mids flower

lachie_001

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 07:08:09 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 10, 2016, 06:59:36 PM
Fair enough, it wouldn't surprise me to see a three way deal.

I think you're underselling Lyons a bit though, he had a pretty damn good year. Agree on Grigg not being worth much though.

You can say I am underselling him but he is not anywhere near the level of Gibbs and where the pick is likely to fall. Looking at this realistically, once the academy players are picked up 13 will likely become pick 16-20. We're talking about a guy who is a former number 1 overall pick and was looked at to make the AA squad his form was that good this year. He also won a B&F 2 years ago and last year he had some injury issues. The fact he is contracted should make it harder, not easier for the Crows to trade for him.

To be honest, I think you are underestimating the value of pick 13. Plus if 13 gets you Caleb Marchbank, I would take that, otherwise take it to the draft and back in your recruiters to find a 10 year player. If I'm Crows I am holding firm with just pick 13 for Gibbs, he'll be 28 by March, has only won one b&f and never been AA. He's still a good player but he wouldn't be in the top 50 players in the AFL. I'd be more than comfortable if Adelaide pass on Gibbs and hold pick 13. Our past record of first rounders are more than sound; Wayne Milera (pick 11), Jake Lever (Pick 14), Matt Crouch (Pick 23), Brodie Smith (Pick 14), Daniel Talia (Pick 13), Phil Davis (Pick 10) and Patrick Dangerfield (Pick 10).

Money Shot

Gibbs for Pick 13 and Lyons seems fair!

There are a lot of Carlton supporters who think that 13 and Lyons isn't enough but Lyons had a really good year and pick 13 will get us Marchbank. I think it's a win win really.

Really hope we get Lyons as he looks better than Kerridge did and he worked out alright 8)

Grazz

Quote from: Money Shot on October 11, 2016, 01:35:52 AM
Gibbs for Pick 13 and Lyons seems fair!

There are a lot of Carlton supporters who think that 13 and Lyons isn't enough but Lyons had a really good year and pick 13 will get us Marchbank. I think it's a win win really.

Really hope we get Lyons as he looks better than Kerridge did and he worked out alright 8)

If you do end with Lyons I think you'll be happy. Would like to keep him tbh. Not sure why the Crows haven't given him a better contract offer.

Mat0369

Quote from: Jay on October 10, 2016, 08:22:25 PM
Lyons isn't a fringe player. If he played in Victoria, every Carlton fan would be stoked with #13 + Lyons for Gibbs.

By the time the Carlton rebuild is complete, Gibbs will be old. May as well get some good young talent in!

He started the year in the reserves which is why people are saying he is a fringe player. He built some solid form but Adelaide supporters are overrating him. He is nothing special and if he was Adelaide wouldn't be low balling him on the deal. In a good team he is a forward flank/depth midfielder. We need depth, but we need top line talent in return if we are trading out players the caliber of Gibbs. If I also want to get real smartassy about it, Lyons has less Brownlow votes then Shaun Hampson  :P

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 01:26:14 AM
To be honest, I think you are underestimating the value of pick 13. Plus if 13 gets you Caleb Marchbank, I would take that, otherwise take it to the draft and back in your recruiters to find a 10 year player. If I'm Crows I am holding firm with just pick 13 for Gibbs, he'll be 28 by March, has only won one b&f and never been AA. He's still a good player but he wouldn't be in the top 50 players in the AFL. I'd be more than comfortable if Adelaide pass on Gibbs and hold pick 13. Our past record of first rounders are more than sound; Wayne Milera (pick 11), Jake Lever (Pick 14), Matt Crouch (Pick 23), Brodie Smith (Pick 14), Daniel Talia (Pick 13), Phil Davis (Pick 10) and Patrick Dangerfield (Pick 10).

Not at all. Like I said earlier, that pick 13 is not really pick 13 when you take academy picks into account with the new system. There will likely be 3 guys picked in the top 13 pushing the pick out to 16. You're effectively getting a mid/end of first round selection and Lyons who is a solid player in a winning team for an A-Grade midfielder.

I think a lot of you are underestimating Gibbs. He is a gun and can play in the midfield and win his own footy or at half back. People still think of him as this soft outside guy that doesn't do jack when it's not true.  He is worth more then that and he is contracted so we hold the leverage.  If he was out of contract then fine, but the fact is we can make him play out his contract and he doesn't really have a say in the matter.