Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I reckon GC will just take a 1st rounder for Prestia because he wants out, and theyll offer plenty to JOM to stay

Nige

Our first rounder will be enough.

kilbluff1985

i wasnt but after seeing a comment from one of Hibberd's parents i'm confident he is staying

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on August 03, 2016, 08:26:59 PM

Strong argument on 360 tonight that Richmond shouldn't give their first rounder for him

Saying it should be used to get young talent, and concerned with Prestia's injury history etc

Will be interesting to see what eventuates

Pkbaldy

They should of thought of that last year. Instead of recruiting an absolute spud.

fanTCfool

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 03, 2016, 10:50:39 PM

Strong argument on 360 tonight that Richmond shouldn't give their first rounder for him

Saying it should be used to get young talent, and concerned with Prestia's injury history etc

Agreed, Richmond should trade for another first round pick, and then use either to draw Prestia.

Ziplock

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 03, 2016, 11:01:18 PM

Agreed, Richmond should trade for another first round pick, and then use either to draw Prestia.

Prestia's only 24 and at his best is an A grade mid.... I personally dont see using their first round on him as any less risky than using it on some kid.

RaisyDaisy

I agree. Tigers would stuff up with pick 5/6 anyway lol better to take the guy who's proven and can give you 8 years of prem as long as he doesn't break down

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on August 04, 2016, 03:36:24 AM
Quote from: fanTCfool on August 03, 2016, 11:01:18 PM

Prestia's only 24 and at his best is an A grade mid.... I personally dont see using their first round on him as any less risky than using it on some kid.

Agreed they should use the first rounder on him. In no way should they give a similar deal to Treloar.

first up treloar a far superior player and secondly treloar doesnt have a injury history

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 04, 2016, 08:53:41 AM
I agree. Tigers would stuff up with pick 5/6 anyway lol better to take the guy who's proven and can give you 8 years of prem as long as he doesn't break down
I know you're having a bit of a laugh, but that's a bit of a shower call.

Our track record for our first pick in the draft in recent times has generally been quite good.

Deledio (04), Riewoldt (06), Cotchin (07), Martin (09), B.Ellis (11), Vlastuin (12), Lennon (13), C.Ellis (14), Rioli (15)

Vickery, Conca are debatable because they're still on the list but have been a bit underwhelming compared to the other names.

That's still a pretty good record and I have full confidence the club would get it right if they do keep our first round pick heading into the draft.

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on August 04, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

Our track record for our first pick in the draft in recent times has generally been quite good.

Deledio (04), Riewoldt (06), Cotchin (07), Martin (09), B.Ellis (11), Vlastuin (12), Lennon (13), C.Ellis (14), Rioli (15)

Vickery, Conca are debatable because they're still on the list but have been a bit underwhelming compared to the other names.

That's still a pretty good record and I have full confidence the club would get it right if they do keep our first round pick heading into the draft.

Left out Tambling.  ;D

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 04, 2016, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 04, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

Left out Tambling.  ;D

Noticed that! :P

Nige

Bling's a legend, flower the haters. Didn't name because he wasn't our first picked player in 04, Lids was.

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on August 04, 2016, 01:06:09 PM
Agreed they should use the first rounder on him. In no way should they give a similar deal to Treloar.

first up treloar a far superior player and secondly treloar doesnt have a injury history

The thing is Gold Coast will be asking for something similar. They will meet in the middle ground somewhere, but the best case scenario for the Suns is a bidding war. So instead of 2 first like it was for Treloar, it will basically be a 1st and future 2nd to make it a done deal.

Purple 77