Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 03, 2016, 10:57:31 AM
Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2016, 10:39:45 AM
Quote from: Jukes on August 01, 2016, 08:52:31 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 01, 2016, 08:37:08 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-leads-several-victorian-clubs-aiming-to-lure-out-of-contract-crow-brad-crouch-to-their-club/news-story/2bd8d5defd65cbc23c528a57ae2095bd?from=public_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

surely he wouldn't leave his brother and a good team?

Well, if he joins the dons he'll be a premiership player within a few years...

Essendon fans, always good for a laugh.

least we're good for something unlike North fans

I personally like watching my team in Finals.

back on topic not sure how Mayne fits into our forward line. He is older but not as old as betrie boomer waite who will all go this year or next.

Brown Turner Wood Mayne Thomas looks alright

The_Captain

Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2016, 12:02:04 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-leads-several-victorian-clubs-aiming-to-lure-out-of-contract-crow-brad-crouch-to-their-club/news-story/2bd8d5defd65cbc23c528a57ae2095bd?from=public_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

back on topic not sure how Mayne fits into our forward line. He is older but not as old as betrie boomer waite who will all go this year or next.

What is it with North Melbourne and their recruiting of old washed up players/ rejects.

Waite, Higgins, Dal Santo, jacobs, bastinac, nahas. And now they want to add Mayne to that list? Recruiting players like that will send them backwards.

PowerBug

The first 4 on that list have sent them forwards I reckon, Bastinac was FROM North and they offloaded him so he doesn't count, only Nahas has been bad for them.

Also Jacobs was like 20 when he came from Port, can hardly call him an old washed up player.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

RaisyDaisy

Jay Clark in the HS says North should chase Vickery

Holz

Quote from: The_Captain on August 03, 2016, 02:05:44 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2016, 12:02:04 PM

What is it with North Melbourne and their recruiting of old washed up players/ rejects.

Waite, Higgins, Dal Santo, jacobs, bastinac, nahas. And now they want to add Mayne to that list? Recruiting players like that will send them backwards.

Waite was amazing in last years finals and was even better in the first few months. He has been hit by injuries but if he can get healthy he is a very handy player

Higgins was good all of last year and again if he can get healthy can help us do damage.

NDS is looking in good form and im happy to have him on the squad.

Jacobs is an elite tagger and was totally shutting players out and was a secret weapon. Again he has been injured but we want him back.

Bastinac was recrutied from North to the Lions.

Nahas, yeah i dont love this pick up.

so in summary our pick ups have been injured if they can all get 100% then i think we can push for a flag. People think north crumbled because of the draw it really was because of the injuries to the above guys and wells etc..

remember at the start of the year we beat Crows, Dogs, In Form carlton, so it wasnt just all easy beats.

we lost to hawks by under 2 goals.

Sydney at their home
geelong at thier home massively injured
adealide at their home
eagles at their home

our one bad game this year was losing to Port in Melbourne. if we had of won that game we would be equal second.

Higgins 2 weeks
Waite - 5-6 weeks
Jacobs 1 week
Wood 5 weeks
Mcdonald 2 weeks
Turner 3 weeks

if we had of stayed healthy i reckon we would be sitting a game clear in 2nd.

The_Captain

Quote from: PowerBug on August 03, 2016, 02:10:16 PM
The first 4 on that list have sent them forwards I reckon, Bastinac was FROM North and they offloaded him so he doesn't count, only Nahas has been bad for them.

Also Jacobs was like 20 when he came from Port, can hardly call him an old washed up player.

I dunno about forwards- they dont seem to be any better off now than where they were at 4-5 years ago. Not old and washed up, but Port would be happy with what they got for him. Yeah got that bastinac one around the wrong way, hes Brisbanes problem now.

meow meow

Nahas hasn't kept anyone out of the team. Only plays when others are injured. Has been handy back up and was a rookie listed player so cost nothing.

The_Captain

Moral of the story. Chris Mayne will no help towards the future of the Roos. I think they would be going backwards if they picked him up. isnt he requesting 400k? Massive overs for him.

Rusty00

Quote from: The_Captain on August 03, 2016, 02:17:18 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 03, 2016, 02:10:16 PM

I dunno about forwards- they dont seem to be any better off now than where they were at 4-5 years ago. Not old and washed up, but Port would be happy with what they got for him. Yeah got that bastinac one around the wrong way, hes Brisbanes problem now.
Port got nothing for him. They couldn't/wouldn't organise a trade for him, so he left and North picked him up in the draft ;)

Jukes

Quote from: The_Captain on August 03, 2016, 02:22:56 PM
Moral of the story. Chris Mayne will no help towards the future of the Roos. I think they would be going backwards if they picked him up. isnt he requesting 400k? Massive overs for him.

Yeah he's a spud, shouldn't even be playing at AFL level. Was decent in 2011-13 (25, 39, 37 goals) but since then has kicked 57 goals in 58 games, with 7/16 goals this season coming in games against the bombers and lions. Should be playing for Peel not getting 400k/year at North!

The_Captain

Quote from: Jukes on August 03, 2016, 03:12:28 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on August 03, 2016, 02:22:56 PM

Yeah he's a spud, shouldn't even be playing at AFL level. Was decent in 2011-13 (25, 39, 37 goals) but since then has kicked 57 goals in 58 games, with 7/16 goals this season coming in games against the bombers and lions. Should be playing for Peel not getting 400k/year at North!

Yep, belongs at peel getting $1200 a game!

kilbluff1985

Mayne and Dawson are Freos problem in a nutshell giving games to mediocre players with no upside