Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: shaker on October 18, 2015, 07:54:52 PM
I hope for your sake he stays and not end up at the Tiges I would not even be happy handing over a 2nd round for him he is lazy inconsistent and has a very bad attitude 3 coaches could not get him the best out of him and a leopard does not change its spots where ever he ends up it will be the last stop in his career I think before every club realizes he is just not worth the effort

This is completely false. Ratten got the best out of Yaz before Yarran struggled to recover from a hip and chronic hamstring and toe injuries in 2012. The fact we had so little to choose from at one point in terms of fit players meant we had to play anyone we could get on the park, even if they weren't 100%

He then was played out of position by Malthouse in 2013 and had a pretty good year in 2014 overall when you look at his numbers. As I said, he has had a lot of stuff going on off the field so he checked out this year. He would instantly be one of Richmond's best users by foot and your best rebounding defender. If they want him it will be for next years first.

Nige

Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 03:17:02 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 18, 2015, 02:30:46 PM
Tigers get Yarran for 2016 first rounder. Tigers flop next year finishing 15th. Tiges just gave up Pick 4 ;D

That's the plan. I am waiting for these future picks to blow up in clubs faces. Them thinking they are closer to a premiership then they actually are and then face planting the next season.
Exactly right! I think tigers will be lucky to make the 8 next year but they along with there fans think they are a premiership contender so if they get Yarran and we get there first round next year I'll be happy!
This is the biggest load of shower I've heard, not surprised it's come from a Carlton supporter either.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on October 18, 2015, 10:46:23 PM
Tigers get Yarran for 2016 first rounder. Tigers flop next year finishing 15th. Tiges just gave up Pick 4 ;D

That's the plan. I am waiting for these future picks to blow up in clubs faces. Them thinking they are closer to a premiership then they actually are and then face planting the next season.
Exactly right! I think tigers will be lucky to make the 8 next year but they along with there fans think they are a premiership contender so if they get Yarran and we get there first round next year I'll be happy!
This is the biggest load of shower I've heard, not surprised it's come from a Carlton supporter either.

Richmond aren't too far off a premiership, I'd put them at 4th-5th next year... If they get that 2nd chance i'd back them to make the granny next year.

JBs-Hawks

They should make finals, but are also a chance at just missing out.

powersuperkents

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 18, 2015, 10:59:35 PM

They should make finals, but are also a chance at just missing out.
In terms of quality, Richmond a one of a few select clubs that can convincing outplay Hawthorn (the team that outplays teams). Freo, Nth Melbourne, Adelaide, & the Bulldogs cannot do that (out of the other finals clubs), arguably at any point in the foreseeable future.

In terms of playing quality I rate Richmond quite highly. In terms of consistency, they can be quite shocking. I definitely see them in the top 8 (no way they will miss out), the question is where in the top 8 will they finish (the club is still prone to poor form and the occasional fading in games - obviously they still choke in finals football as well (winning a final will be the next big step for the club, unless they make the top 4 which will be a bigger step forward)

Torpedo10

Richmond need an enforcer other than Steven Morris, Cotch as an inspirational team man is all well and good but they need him to develop some Selwood traits, other than the ducking of course.   :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 18, 2015, 11:21:09 PM
Richmond need an enforcer other than Steven Morris, Cotch as an inspirational team man is all well and good but they need him to develop some Selwood traits, other than the ducking of course.   :P
Yeah Morris is a spud (still contributes in the same way as Zac Dawson - i.e. plays his role). Cotchin really needs to stand up, I imagine it will take a while for him to regain the confidence of the Richmond faithful.

They really need an outside mid and I don't know why they don't fork up their first rounder for Yarran (really see the team taking big steps forward with him - although disciplinary issues and off-field conduct could be potential problems)

meow meow

Pretty sure that they recruited Townsend to be Cotchin's bodyguard.

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on October 18, 2015, 11:34:29 PM
Pretty sure that they recruited Townsend to be Cotchin's bodyguard.

This. Richmond has lacked a bigger body to bring the bash and crash to taggers since the great man Shane Tuck retired!

meow meow

Townsend is probably the scariest/most brutal player in the AFL at the moment. He's like JZ but he hurts his opponents instead of himself.

Toga

Haha who has he hurt? Haven't heard about this :P

My Chumps

Ricochet

Tom Bell has been traded to Brissie

Bell + 41 for 21 + 60

Big Mac

Bell for 21 wasn't good enough?

We really did overpay for Melksham  :(