Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: PowerBug on October 18, 2015, 02:30:46 PM
Tigers get Yarran for 2016 first rounder. Tigers flop next year finishing 15th. Tiges just gave up Pick 4 ;D

That's the plan. I am waiting for these future picks to blow up in clubs faces. Them thinking they are closer to a premiership then they actually are and then face planting the next season.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 03:17:02 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 18, 2015, 02:30:46 PM
Tigers get Yarran for 2016 first rounder. Tigers flop next year finishing 15th. Tiges just gave up Pick 4 ;D

That's the plan. I am waiting for these future picks to blow up in clubs faces. Them thinking they are closer to a premiership then they actually are and then face planting the next season.
Exactly right! I think tigers will be lucky to make the 8 next year but they along with there fans think they are a premiership contender so if they get Yarran and we get there first round next year I'll be happy!

Mat0369

Let's look at it this way, he is a former number 6 draft pick, he has elite foot skills and pace to burn, he will be 25 next year and heading into his prime, his best year was 2011 where he was potentially one of our most important players in a team that was a kick out of a prelim due to his pace and ball use out of the back half, his stats 12 months ago were not that far off 2011 (he kicked a crap load more goals and polled more Brownlow votes).

This year he was in a situation where he had a lot of off the field personal issues while also having lost his closest mates at the club. His headspace wasn't on footy and he needs a change. He is also contracted to the club so we hold the leverage in the trade. We want a first round pick and if we don't get it he will stay. Simple as that.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 04:06:55 PM
Let's look at it this way, he is a former number 6 draft pick, he has elite foot skills and pace to burn, he will be 25 next year and heading into his prime, his best year was 2011 where he was potentially one of our most important players in a team that was a kick out of a prelim due to his pace and ball use out of the back half, his stats 12 months ago were not that far off 2011 (he kicked a crap load more goals and polled more Brownlow votes).

This year he was in a situation where he had a lot of off the field personal issues while also having lost his closest mates at the club. His headspace wasn't on footy and he needs a change. He is also contracted to the club so we hold the leverage in the trade. We want a first round pick and if we don't get it he will stay. Simple as that.
Exactly right! And although I don't believe he is worth pick 12 he won't be going for there second round pick. So Richmond at this stage have to give it up, take a punt hoping they'll finish at a higher position next year and gives next years first round or not get him.

Grazz

To be honest I hope for the Blue's sake he can stay, a new coach hopefully any bad blood can be washed away between him and the club if it can't then naturally you're better off parting ways but if things can be repaired and Yaz feels comfortable with it all and Bolton he's the sort of player you'd want to be in your team, his best footy is very good.

Mat0369

I would honestly love for him to stay. From what I gather there's more going on which is why he wants out and I can respect that. I also think that the best place for his footy would be the Hawks due to the environment and Ratts connection. The second best spot for him to go is the Crows due to the Eddie factor but you guys are going for Seedsman.

I know you can say players earn X amount of money they should harden up in some aspects, but I feel for Yaz. He's had a lot go on outside of footy the last 12 months

JBs-Hawks

Would give either of our first rounders for yaz in a heartbeat if we can get Carlisle

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2015, 04:45:42 PM
I would honestly love for him to stay. From what I gather there's more going on which is why he wants out and I can respect that. I also think that the best place for his footy would be the Hawks due to the environment and Ratts connection. The second best spot for him to go is the Crows due to the Eddie factor but you guys are going for Seedsman.

I know you can say players earn X amount of money they should harden up in some aspects, but I feel for Yaz. He's had a lot go on outside of footy the last 12 months

I hope for your sake he stays and not end up at the Tiges I would not even be happy handing over a 2nd round for him he is lazy inconsistent and has a very bad attitude 3 coaches could not get him the best out of him and a leopard does not change its spots where ever he ends up it will be the last stop in his career I think before every club realizes he is just not worth the effort

H1bb3i2d

Tom Browne reporting that Essendon are essentially offering Carlisle and a 3rd rounder for pick 5.

FWIW, on points that values Jake at around pick 10. However, yes after pick 30 this draft thins off more than usual so a pick in the 40s is worth less. And yes, while I think this deal is spot on (and always have), I know I have Essendon bias.

JC + 23 + 25 for 5 was ridiculous, everyone but one-eyed Saints fans thought so too.

That's why Carlisle and 25 for 5 is the deal that needs to get done. Even Blind Freddy could see this. Neither party will accept anything either side of it, both will feel they could have got a bit more, etc. It's a perfect middle ground. I hope both Dodo and Bains don't hold their egos too high in this and just get it done soon!

Ricochet

From what I've read the draft is pretty equal from 14-15ish through to 38-40ish. Then it drops off

Carlisle + N25 for N5 should get the deal done

Pkbaldy

I'm with you Hibberd. Now with asshole Hawks in the mix, we have to lose on pick 5. 5 for JC + 25 is a pretty good option for both clubs. Then hopefully we can cash in on 24 and 25 for 14 off Sydney ( Gives them extra points to use on Mills + Dunkley ). Use Pick 14 to get a decent U18 and use next years 2nd rounder to secure Freeman (No idea why this hasn't been done yet...)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on October 18, 2015, 09:19:53 PM
From what I've read the draft is pretty equal from 14-15ish through to 38-40ish. Then it drops off

would be satisfied with that

Saints ship 25 to Pies for Freeman and it's a good result for them

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 18, 2015, 09:21:21 PM
I'm with you Hibberd. Now with asshole Hawks in the mix, we have to lose on pick 5. 5 for JC + 25 is a pretty good option for both clubs. Then hopefully we can cash in on 24 and 25 for 14 off Sydney ( Gives them extra points to use on Mills + Dunkley ). Use Pick 14 to get a decent U18 and use next years 2nd rounder to secure Freeman (No idea why this hasn't been done yet...)

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 18, 2015, 09:22:59 PM

would be satisfied with that

Saints ship 25 to Pies for Freeman and it's a good result for them

^^^^^ It's also the only deal that I've seen (at least some) supporters of both teams agree on! I think that says it all, really.

Pkbaldy

I wouldn't go that shallow mate. The tier break ups to me looks a bit like this;
Pick 1-2 - Top 5  talent
Pick 3-7 - Top 10 talent
Pick 8-15  Top 15 talent
Pick 16-30 Best 22 talent

Obviously there are a few gems after 30... But they'd be risky. eg. Keiran Lovell.

kilbluff1985

i wonder if Saints would take next years 2nd rounder instead

then we can still get 8 :P