Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Yeah Pick 10 for Dixon is fine, if any more was added it should be something pretty minor imo

Ringo

Suns are dreaming if they think they can get 2 first round picks for Dixon. Reckon 10 is about riight but if they want more than no more than 3rd or 4th round pick in my opinion.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Money Shot on October 17, 2015, 10:10:34 AM
I would of thought that Carlton and Richmond would have agreed on something over Yarran by now ... I would have thought next years first round pick for Yarran would be enough considering tigers should do well this up coming year ...
apparently Brisbane involved with the deal, Bell to Lions, Yaz to Tigers and picks coming our way, could be why its snagged

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 17, 2015, 04:29:43 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 17, 2015, 04:21:33 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-asking-price-for-charlie-dixon-stalls-port-adelaide-and-baffles-experts/story-fnb7al7m-1227572042060?sv=9983606f9cd4da3c64d2517bba688e99

This is getting ridiculous. Experts think the Gold Coast expect us to make up the difference for their short-sighted Bennell trade (they should not have given him away for next to nothing and destroyed his market value by publicly firing him and announcing his indiscretions).

Two first rounders for Dixon effectively means he will cost more than Dangerfield did... Usually it's starting your desired outcome and then finding middle ground... This is what the Suns consider 'middle ground'... Pick 10 is flowering generous alone considering that Dixon is merely potential, rather than a proven player...  >:(

Dixon is a flowerload more proven then anyone you will get at pick 10
Well flog me pink, I agree with this guy :o  #10 in 3-4 years might be better but that's still only an if!

Ringo

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 17, 2015, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 17, 2015, 10:10:34 AM
I would of thought that Carlton and Richmond would have agreed on something over Yarran by now ... I would have thought next years first round pick for Yarran would be enough considering tigers should do well this up coming year ...
apparently Brisbane involved with the deal, Bell to Lions, Yaz to Tigers and picks coming our way, could be why its snagged
Think there is an exchange of picks invoilved and that may be the sticking point.

tbagrocks

I hate to tell you I told you so, actually I don't hate it at all but. I told you so ;)

Few years ago when GWS and the GC were hording top draft picks like a kid on Halloween and I said "They should be doing everything they can to try recruit all the older mature experienced bodies they can get"

They didn't, their teams have both sucked for five years and those top draft picks they were soooooooooooooooo keen on hording, are all leaving ::)

Guess Tbag was right all along ::)

kilbluff1985

gws are a top 8 side with Mumford man

Mr.Craig

If I hear the word wantaway one more time I'm going to freaking lose it.

elephants

GWS will make finals next year and GC have been slayed by injuries and off field issues.

They honestly haven't sucked for five years and you're daft if you think they were gonna come into the comp and compete from the get go.

PowerBug

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-four-club-trade-could-help-power-snare-jimmy-toumpas-charlie-dixon/story-fnp04d70-1227572793141

Discussions are continuing over a complex deal which is set to deliver Toumpas to Port, Ben Kennedy from Collingwood to Melbourne, Jeremy Howe from Melbourne to Collingwood and Paul Seedsman from Collingwood to Adelaide.

The Crows are understood to have offered pick 32 for Seedsman, and that pick is a key to the negotiations. It is likely to be passed on to Port, which would give up two draft picks for Toumpas and No. 32 and then be in a position to continue its haggling with the Suns over Dixon.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on October 17, 2015, 09:38:17 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-four-club-trade-could-help-power-snare-jimmy-toumpas-charlie-dixon/story-fnp04d70-1227572793141

Discussions are continuing over a complex deal which is set to deliver Toumpas to Port, Ben Kennedy from Collingwood to Melbourne, Jeremy Howe from Melbourne to Collingwood and Paul Seedsman from Collingwood to Adelaide.

The Crows are understood to have offered pick 32 for Seedsman, and that pick is a key to the negotiations. It is likely to be passed on to Port, which would give up two draft picks for Toumpas and No. 32 and then be in a position to continue its haggling with the Suns over Dixon.
Sweet  ;D

It's sad we can't have it all (i.e. Andrew Moore won't be traded  :'( )

Big Mac

Interesting - so something like this?

Melbourne
Out: Howe, Toumpas, pick 82
In: Pick 29, Kennedy, pick 50

Collingwood
Out: Kennedy, Seedsman
In: Howe, pick 82

Adelaide
Out: Pick 32
In: Seedsman

Port
Out: Pick 29, pick 50
In: Toumpas, pick 32

kilbluff1985

so Pies might get Howe, Aish and Treloar? :o

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 17, 2015, 09:57:31 PM
so Pies might get Howe, Aish and Treloar? :o
Well yeh, that's been their goal all trade period

PowerBug

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 17, 2015, 09:55:11 PM

Interesting - so something like this?

Melbourne
Out: Howe, Toumpas, pick 82
In: Pick 29, Kennedy, pick 50

Collingwood
Out: Kennedy, Seedsman
In: Howe, pick 82

Adelaide
Out: Pick 32
In: Seedsman

Port
Out: Pick 10, pick 29, pick 50
In: Toumpas, Dixon

Gold Coast:
Out: Dixon
In: pick 10, pick 32

And then 32 likely goes on to the Suns to get Dixon, added that part into the quote :)
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126