Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Is Carlisle really that good? A lot of angst for an ordinary player IMO   8)

PowerBug

Can anyone seriously be angry at Hawthorn for what they are doing? There is HISTORY on the line here. Like it or not they have won 3 in a row, and if they manage to take 4 in a row they will probably go down as the greatest EVER. I don't reckon their fans will care for anything else right now, reigning premiers 3 times over, may as well go for broke and try to stay there as long as possible.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Money Shot

Quote from: PowerBug on October 15, 2015, 08:13:08 PM
Can anyone seriously be angry at Hawthorn for what they are doing? There is HISTORY on the line here. Like it or not they have won 3 in a row, and if they manage to take 4 in a row they will probably go down as the greatest EVER. I don't reckon their fans will care for anything else right now, reigning premiers 3 times over, may as well go for broke and try to stay there as long as possible.
Exactly! And with in the next 2-3 years Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell will retire and that will be a big hole to fix!

RaisyDaisy

Who knows, they might even do a Geelong and refuse to bottom out

Hodge, Gibbo and Mitchell could play for another couple of years easily but I'm sure how the team finishes next year will determine if they go beyond 2016. Physically it wouldn't be a problem

Mat0369

Quote from: _wato on October 15, 2015, 06:59:27 PM
If Brisbane did send him to the draft, surely Carlron would not get Aish at pick 1? That would be one of the worst draft decisions ever, when they've just lost Henderson, Casboult looks likely to go and they're only other talls are Watson, Jamison, Jones and Walker (from Geelong)
The biggest thing though is that Weitering looks like an absolute jet (dont think I've ever seen a better player at draft age) and is one of the very first times that a key defender is going to go at #1, or am I completely wrong??

Replace Watson and Walker with Rowe, Jaksch and Jayden Foster since Watson was delisted and Walker is not and won't be a Carlton player.

And then the 2nd bit was explained with it being the preseason draft

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 07:12:58 PM
Apparently Brisbane have opened talks with Collingwood on James Aish today.

and

The Age saying Geelong will trade Josh Walker and Jarrad Jansen to Brisbane for Lions 3rd Round pick in 2016.

This is good news for us, it means we don't bring in another spud and it would look like Levi's off the table.

Quote from: Toga on October 15, 2015, 08:05:51 PM
Maybe, it's all a bit confusing haha. My understanding of it though was that under PSD players can nominate their desired salary/contract and that you aren't able to do that under the national draft. Good chance I'm wrong though :P

Nah you're right, it's generally the pre-season draft they put bounties on their heads, Ball threatened to retire if he got picked up by anyone else. I think there were eligibility issues with Ball which is why he had to go in the NAT or Collingwood had to take him in the NAT for total pick in the draft requirements since they gave up their first for Jolly.

kilbluff1985

Essendon talking to Giants to consider swapping picks 23 & 25 for Giants pick 8(they may need our picks to get an academy player). Would be amazing to have pick 4, 5 and 8

_wato

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 15, 2015, 10:06:18 PM
Essendon talking to Giants to consider swapping picks 23 & 25 for Giants pick 8(they may need our picks to get an academy player). Would be amazing to have pick 4, 5 and 8

Only be amazing if the draft choices they make are good hahahah, and every chance that the picks they have will slide due to bidding and then the players they get to choose from aren't actually the top end sheer talent

kilbluff1985

Quote from: _wato on October 15, 2015, 10:13:56 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 15, 2015, 10:06:18 PM

Only be amazing if the draft choices they make are good hahahah, and every chance that the picks they have will slide due to bidding and then the players they get to choose from aren't actually the top end sheer talent

is that how drafting works? who knew!?

TomK

Maybe Adelaide can get involved and offer 13 + 28 for 8 + Hampton.

Grazz

Can't be angry at the Hawks, their playing within the rules and doing it well.
It's free agency thats flowered. :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 10:27:44 PM

Swans played within the rules, but everyone hated them for it??

Grazz

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 15, 2015, 10:40:49 PM

Swans are ok in my book to. The AFL on the other hand can get flowered, treated the Swans very badly the vindictive twats.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 15, 2015, 10:40:49 PM

Swans are ok in my book to. The AFL on the other hand can get flowered, treated the Swans very badly the vindictive twats.

Exactly, but its the same thing, hawks are simply doing it better than everyone else.

Players want to win a flag so they will be willing to go there on less money i would bet

Grazz

It's the system that is broken, clubs and players are just looking after themselves the best they know how within the system.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 15, 2015, 05:35:14 PM
Not huge news, but Hawthorn are thinking about picking up delisted Demon Jack Fitzpatrick in the draft

Where'd ya hear that? I didn't mind Fitzy.

Quote from: meow meow on October 15, 2015, 06:29:52 PM
Hawks opened up salary cap space with Suckling, Hale and Lake moving on. They are trading Jed Anderson and a first round pick. Not sure how that is cheating. Standard salary cap and list management I'd say.

And anyone questioning equalisation should looks at the rules and tell me how they relate to two teams making a trade.

Here they are, go nuts - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/equalisation-changes-explained