Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Ben Lennon has re-signed with Richmond

Money Shot

Quote from: _wato on October 15, 2015, 06:59:27 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 15, 2015, 06:50:12 PM
Any news on the signing of Kerridige (May have spelt the name wrong) to Carlton?
Also are the lions still firm on Aish going to the draft?

If Brisbane did send him to the draft, surely Carlron would not get Aish at pick 1? That would be one of the worst draft decisions ever, when they've just lost Henderson, Casboult looks likely to go and they're only other talls are Watson, Jamison, Jones and Walker (from Geelong)
The biggest thing though is that Weitering looks like an absolute jet (dont think I've ever seen a better player at draft age) and is one of the very first times that a key defender is going to go at #1, or am I completely wrong??
I may be mistaken but isn't there two different drafts where we could get Weitering in one and Aish in the other?

_wato

Quote from: Money Shot on October 15, 2015, 07:04:18 PM
Any news on the signing of Kerridige (May have spelt the name wrong) to Carlton?

If Brisbane did send him to the draft, surely Carlron would not get Aish at pick 1? That would be one of the worst draft decisions ever, when they've just lost Henderson, Casboult looks likely to go and they're only other talls are Watson, Jamison, Jones and Walker (from Geelong)
The biggest thing though is that Weitering looks like an absolute jet (dont think I've ever seen a better player at draft age) and is one of the very first times that a key defender is going to go at #1, or am I completely wrong??
I may be mistaken but isn't there two different drafts where we could get Weitering in one and Aish in the other?

Oh yasssss, totally forgot hahahaha

Toga

Money Shot

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 07:03:43 PM
Ben Lennon has re-signed with Richmond
That's a huge win for the tigers!
Yarran for next years first round has been rumoured and it's looking more likely with that signing!

Toga

Yeah, Aish can nominate to go to either the National or Preseason drafts. More likely to be the PSD though as he will then be able to nominate an asking price for his contract I think?

Ricochet

Apparently Brisbane have opened talks with Collingwood on James Aish today.

and

The Age saying Geelong will trade Josh Walker and Jarrad Jansen to Brisbane for Lions 3rd Round pick in 2016.

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 07:12:58 PM

Just saying - if Collingwood is chasing Aish, Howe, etc are they leaving enough leeway in picks to be able to nab Treloar? ???

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 15, 2015, 07:14:08 PM

Just saying - if Collingwood is chasing Aish, Howe, etc are they leaving enough leeway in picks to be able to nab Treloar? ???
Seedsman and Kennedy out will give them some picks to play with

_wato

This years and next years first rounders for Treloar and a second round, second round + Kennedy onto Melbourne for Howe, and then package a player with a second round pick or two second rounders maybe for Aish??? It'll be interesting, Lions won't be happy with it hahahah

meow meow

Quote from: Toga on October 15, 2015, 07:09:32 PM

Yeah, Aish can nominate to go to either the National or Preseason drafts. More likely to be the PSD though as he will then be able to nominate an asking price for his contract I think?

Other way around. Luke Ball is a prime example. 500K on his head and went at pick 30 in the national draft.

Howe for their 2nd rounder should be right. Maybe Kennedy + their 4th round for Howe and Melbourne's 5th round.

Freeman + Seedsman 2nd round picks should be enough for Aish, who is definitely not still worth pick 7 anymore.

2015 + 2016 first rounders for Treloar.

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on October 15, 2015, 07:20:36 PM
Other way around. Luke Ball is a prime example. 500K on his head and went at pick 30 in the national draft.

Why did Kurt Tippett go PSD then? I'm confused haha.

Bill Manspeaker

meow meow

Quote from: Toga on October 15, 2015, 07:26:37 PM

Might be both?

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on October 15, 2015, 07:52:29 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 15, 2015, 07:26:37 PM

Might be both?

Maybe, it's all a bit confusing haha. My understanding of it though was that under PSD players can nominate their desired salary/contract and that you aren't able to do that under the national draft. Good chance I'm wrong though :P