Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

On the Jetta/Sinkers deal.

Initially I was mad, but we turned a back-up ruck who has played 20 good games of football who we picked up in the rookie draft into a former first round pick who brings elite ball-use and blistering pace across.

Although I think we could have done better, I'm fine with this. Especially if we make Sydney remember what we did for them and they repay the favour a few years down the track :P

At the end of the day Lycett is going to be a better player than Sinclair, there's an element of risk given Lycett is coming of such an injury riddled season, but I absolutely have faith.

And for those saying Sinkers didn't want out, he did. He handed in a trade request after Sydney offered him dollars :P

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2015, 01:36:12 PM

Initially I was mad, but we turned a back-up ruck who has played 20 good games of football who we picked up in the rookie draft into a former first round pick who brings elite ball-use and blistering pace across.

Although I think we could have done better, I'm fine with this. Especially if we make Sydney remember what we did for them and they repay the favour a few years down the track :P

At the end of the day Lycett is going to be a better player than Sinclair, there's an element of risk given Lycett is coming of such an injury riddled season, but I absolutely have faith.

And for those saying Sinkers didn't want out, he did. He handed in a trade request after Sydney offered him dollars :P

+1  couldn't agree more

SydneyRox

Heard it was 4 years at $450 so good money without being ridiculous.

Still think it's a pretty even trade. Sinclair is all about potential, while Jetta has shown he can play, but his mind was obviously not on it during the end of the year which is disappointing.

powersuperkents

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 15, 2015, 01:44:17 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2015, 01:36:12 PM

+1  couldn't agree more
+2

I still think this is a steal for West Coast and those who disagree are seriously overrating Sinclair (Lobbe statistically had just as good a season as Sinclair, and he was dog shower this year)

TomK

Looks like Seedsman nominated Adelaide. Pick 32 should get it done.

Grazz

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2015, 12:02:22 PM
Why is there so much interest in Seedsman? He's a spud imo... (he's inconsistent, unable to complete full games, and lacks the natural talent expected from high profile players - he has received more attention than is warranted during this trade period).

I would say he is on-par with Dawson Simpson.

Has some pace and decent foot skills, we need that and could slide into Smiths role and allow Smith to become a full time mid for us.

TomK

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 02:01:45 PM
Why is there so much interest in Seedsman? He's a spud imo... (he's inconsistent, unable to complete full games, and lacks the natural talent expected from high profile players - he has received more attention than is warranted during this trade period).

Has some pace and decent foot skills, we need that and could slide into Smiths role and allow Smith to become a full time mid for us.
Better than Mackay, that's for sure.

Grazz

Quote from: TomK on October 15, 2015, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 02:01:45 PM

Better than Mackay, that's for sure.

Amen to that mate.  ;)

Ricochet

Hawks have made a bid for Jake Carlisle :o

Age reporting that

North Melb get Anderson
Hawks get Carlisle
Essendon get 2x first rounders

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 02:20:01 PM

Age reporting that

North Melb get Anderson
Hawks get Carlisle

Could screw it up for the Saints here, Hawks seem to land whoever they go after.

Ricochet

iZander

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 02:21:42 PM

Age reporting that

North Melb get Anderson
Hawks get Carlisle

Could screw it up for the Saints here, Hawks seem to land whoever they go after.
Should be fine for them if they give us pick 5, good to see some competition now ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: iZander on October 15, 2015, 02:31:09 PM

Age reporting that

North Melb get Anderson
Hawks get Carlisle

Should be fine for them if they give us pick 5, good to see some competition now ;)
Mark Stevens saying that all Clubs are happy, only need Carlisle to say yes to go to Hawks. I know what I'd choose

iZander

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 02:34:14 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 15, 2015, 02:31:09 PM

Age reporting that

North Melb get Anderson
Hawks get Carlisle

Mark Stevens saying that all Clubs are happy, only need Carlisle to say yes to go to Hawks. I know what I'd choose
Id be happy with the deal but kinda annoyed that he would be going to Hawks...hoping saints try and beat the offer :P

AaronKirk

5 Picks in first 25 for Essendon if this deal goes ahead, which surely it will.

If you were Carlisle where would you rather go? Hawthorn or St Kilda?