Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Swans aren't allowed to offer big money deals to any FA's. They have to be all sub 400k due to the restrictions. They were desperate for a ruck and with Leuenberger and Smith going elsewhere Sinclair was all they could get. WC made out well in this deal. Sinclair ain't that good and they get the outside pace they really need.

Mr.Craig

Jetta was rubbish anyway, never turned up when the Swans actually needed him.

My Chumps

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 14, 2015, 07:54:53 PM
Was pretty handy in the 2012 finals series, particularly that GF.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: My Chumps on October 14, 2015, 08:01:37 PM

12 disposals, 1 behind and 1 tackle.

meow meow

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 14, 2015, 08:16:23 PM

1x left Cyril in his wake, clutching at nothing but thin air. Until Delish finally caught up and gave away a down field kick after Jetta had stopped. :P

My Chumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJ0gRc5AU8

Watch the game again dude. He did important things.
- sizzle race gained literally 100+ metres
- Goal assist to McVeigh second quarter
- Pinpointed Jack in the centre corridor to give to JPK for an easy goal in the third Q
- Goal assist when he tapped it back to Hanners in the last Q to get us back to within a kick
- held it up for a minute when we were up in the last, and his kick led to the final Eski goal

Mr.Craig

Quote from: My Chumps on October 14, 2015, 08:35:37 PM
Watch the game again dude.

Yeah, think I might pass.

He has played some very poor finals games in recent years, you can't deny that.

powersuperkents

Quote from: meow meow on October 14, 2015, 08:26:14 PM

1x left Cyril in his wake, clutching at nothing but thin air. Until Delish finally caught up and gave away a down field kick after Jetta had stopped. :P
+1

The GF was a case where the stats only show 1% of the story. The Swans could not have won that game without Jetta

A naturally talented player and once he has a coach who focuses on midfielders (like Simmo who was a midfielder) rather than predominately on key forwards (like Horse who was a key forward), he'll find more consistency and unlock his full potential 

_wato

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2015, 09:22:46 PM
The GF was a case where the stats only show 1% of the story. The Swans could not have won that game without Jetta

A naturally talented player and once he has a coach who focuses on midfielders (like Simmo who was a midfielder) rather than predominately on key forwards (like Horse who was a key forward), he'll find more consistency and unlock his full potential 

I don't really understand this statement considering Sydney have some of the best mids in the game (Kennedy, Parker, Hannebery, Mitchell, McVeigh, Jack etc and are coached by Dew and Francou (midfield coaches), playing a game style that is largely contested, meaning a lot of the mids will/do find plenty of the ball. Jetta just became a passenger in my opinion, and a bit like Chris Yarran has just lost a little bit of passion for the game and the contest. Certainly a change of scenery will spark him again and will do him the world of good, but to reference Longmire as a 'scape goat' and not allowing Jetta to reach his full potential is nobody but Jetta's fault to blame.

powersuperkents

Quote from: _wato on October 14, 2015, 11:48:25 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2015, 09:22:46 PM

I don't really understand this statement considering Sydney have some of the best mids in the game (Kennedy, Parker, Hannebery, Mitchell, McVeigh, Jack etc and are coached by Dew and Francou (midfield coaches), playing a game style that is largely contested, meaning a lot of the mids will/do find plenty of the ball. Jetta just became a passenger in my opinion, and a bit like Chris Yarran has just lost a little bit of passion for the game and the contest. Certainly a change of scenery will spark him again and will do him the world of good, but to reference Longmire as a 'scape goat' and not allowing Jetta to reach his full potential is nobody but Jetta's fault to blame.
+1

However, out of all Sydney's midfielders McVeigh & Jetta are the only two noted for being technically advanced in the natural sense.

Hannes, Parker, & Jack are all fantastic players, but their talent is attributable to Sydney's fine job developing them. They were not noted as being technically advanced in their junior years and as a result fell in the draft to insignificant picks.

Does that make them draft steals? Well no, to do so would discredit what the Swans have done - arguably they would not be the players they are today if it was not for the Swans. Sydney are fantastic at producing talent and you can see this by the fact most of their team are late draftees who the club have assigned roles and assisted them to achieve things that recruiters in their junior years thought was beyond their capacity. No doubt Jetta will be easily replaced by Sydney and, arguably one could say some players who the AFL community deemed technically advanced and naturally talented have been let downs for the club (e.g. Gary Rohan - I can still remember the hype surrounding this kid).

I think Jetta was fantastic this season, I'm not scapegoating Longmire, just saying that in reaching his prime, perhaps going to a club that isn't noted for a specific gameplan will be beneficial for Jetta (I don't see him becoming worse as a result of this move).

Jetta is an uncontested mid, they require space to be creative, if an uncontested mid doesn't have space and lacks the ability to offer either speed or skill they are worthless. Sydney's contested pressure game is fantastic in terms of success rate, but I see Jetta improving in West Coast (their strategy and general style of play is more suited to his playing style).

I would not go as far as to call Jetta a "passenger" though. He was a valued part of the club and he provided a service comparable to that of a Cyril/Wingard type, however that was not a role the Swans needed - he was still a valuable member of the team though and performed well.

powersuperkents

Has anyone noticed that Matt Suckling has won more premierships than the Western Bulldogs have in their entire AFL/VFL history  :P

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2015, 01:17:31 AM
Has anyone noticed that Matt Suckling has won more premierships than the Western Bulldogs have in their entire AFL/VFL history  :P

pfft yeah bad isn't it. one flag in like a million years. hate to be the Dogs  8)

:(

RaisyDaisy

Adelaide is expected to throw a deal at Seedsman that would trump GC's offer. Seedsman has narrowed it down to Adelaide and GC

Brant Colledge from WCE has attracted interest from Essendon

GWS have confirmed that they have not signed Dawson Simpson yet

Stanton hasn't signed on yet, and WCE have made an enquiry although Woosha expect Stanton will sign soon to remain at Windy Hill

powersuperkents

Why is there so much interest in Seedsman? He's a spud imo... (he's inconsistent, unable to complete full games, and lacks the natural talent expected from high profile players - he has received more attention than is warranted during this trade period).

I would say he is on-par with Dawson Simpson.

Football Factory

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2015, 12:02:22 PM
Why is there so much interest in Seedsman? He's a spud imo... (he's inconsistent, unable to complete full games, and lacks the natural talent expected from high profile players - he has received more attention than is warranted during this trade period).

I would say he is on-par with Dawson Simpson.

Dawson Simpson and Mummy can share back injury stories ...