Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: iZander on October 14, 2015, 06:07:49 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 14, 2015, 06:06:07 PM
Win for Sydney?
Yep, huge win for sydney
Don't be ridiculous.

Yes based on bargaining positions, it's a win for Sydney

However, Jetta is literally a thousand times better than Sinclair. Sinclair has received so much undue reverence from Eagles supporters based on one good season - I might remind you that this high rating of Sinclair is internal and exclusive to Eagles supporters.

In terms of the two players involved, West Coast easily the winners. In terms of the bargaining positions of both clubs, Sydney easily the winners.

I would say this amounts to a pretty even trade - Sinclair is a 2nd ruck and the Swans are planning on only supporting him with Tippett. Not really a risk considering their bargaining position in the trade, nevertheless he could burn them if 2015 was a 'one-hit' season or if he isn't supported by a natural talent like Nic Nat.

In terms of personnel I would say Jetta is a significant win and now Gaff has some support (will most likely further improve and receive dual-AA status - he wasn't receiving much help from Masten...). 

iZander

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2015, 06:14:34 PM
Win for Sydney?
Yep, huge win for sydney
Don't be ridiculous.

However, Jetta is literally a thousand times better than Sinclair. Sinclair has received so much undue reverence from Eagles supporters based on one good season - I might remind you that this high rating of Sinclair is internal and exclusive to Eagles supporters.

In terms of the two players involved, West Coast easily the winners. In terms of the bargaining positions of both clubs, Sydney easily the winners.

I would say this amounts to a pretty even trade - Sinclair is a 2nd ruck and the Swans are planning on only supporting him with Tippett. Not really a risk considering their bargaining position in the trade, nevertheless he could burn them if 2015 was a 'one-hit' season or if he isn't supported by a natural talent like Nic Nat.

In terms of personnel I would say Jetta is a significant win and now Gaff has some support (will most likely further improve and receive dual-AA status - he wasn't receiving much help from Masten...).
Firstly don't mistake me for an eagles supporter because of my profile picture...because I'm not.

Its a win for Sydney because they were going to lose Jetta anyway and they managed to get one of the eagles best 22 in the ruck position that they need desperately. Its a big win for them.

powersuperkents

Quote from: iZander on October 14, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2015, 06:14:34 PM
Win for Sydney?
Yep, huge win for sydney
Don't be ridiculous.

Firstly don't mistake me for an eagles supporter because of my profile picture...because I'm not.

Its a win for Sydney because they were going to lose Jetta anyway and they managed to get one of the eagles best 22 in the ruck position that they need desperately. Its a big win for them.
+1

That's why I see Eagles supporters getting angry. They capitulated and I think it would have been because other clubs would have started inquiring about Jetta.

I'm not sure how the Swans pulled it off, but their recruiting department would be celebrating. I'm still not convinced Sinclair is a big 'get' though. The next few years will show whether or not the Swans pulled off a lopsided trade, or whether it was merely false celebration, or even, whether Simmo pulled off a con (i.e. raising a player's value before handing them off).

I'm still of the opinion that it was the role that made Sinclair's 2015, rather than the player because statistically his season wasn't that good   

Jay

Seriously!? West Coast traded Sinclair for Jetta? :o

Levi434

powersuperkents

Turns out it was because the Scott Selwood compo pick...

They were planning to use Scooter's comp pick for Jetta (but were expecting it to be first round compensation)

When it turned out to be 2nd round compo, they capitulated... (Idk why they expected first round compo for Scooter but that mistake cost them Sinclair)

This also explains why they were so angry about the Scooter compo and I suspect that is why the Lions are angry about the Luey compo (they were probably planning to trade it as well)

Jay

Quote from: Levi434 on October 14, 2015, 06:30:23 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 14, 2015, 06:29:50 PM
I think this is one of the worst trades an AFL club has made over the last few years.. Not because it's bad value (Jetta is decent when up and running) but they had legitimately all the leverage in this deal. Jetta had requested the trade from Sydney and said he wanted to go to West Coast - there is no reason for you to give up a best 22 player there.

Crazy.

fanTCfool

Will Sinclair become Swans #1 Ruck to be relieved by Tippett?
Personally, I rate him over Jetta too.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on October 14, 2015, 06:58:11 PM
I think this is one of the worst trades an AFL club has made over the last few years.. Not because it's bad value (Jetta is decent when up and running) but they had legitimately all the leverage in this deal. Jetta had requested the trade from Sydney and said he wanted to go to West Coast - there is no reason for you to give up a best 22 player there.

Crazy.
I'm starting to get the feeling a big offer was made to Sinclair that changed his mind bout not wanting out of WCE

fanTCfool

Oh, and Jeremy Howe has nominated Collingwood, or so I read.

tbagrocks

Back up ruck for a game breaker Jetta? WC have Lycett anyway!

Win for WC imo!

kilbluff1985

Jetta could do well with Nic Nat

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 14, 2015, 07:03:03 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 14, 2015, 06:58:11 PM

Crazy.
I'm starting to get the feeling a big offer was made to Sinclair that changed his mind bout not wanting out of WCE
I did hear that was the case

+ Sinclair cited job security as well

RaisyDaisy

Yeah Buckets was obviously offered a lucrative deal, and will get the number 1 spot

Sucks to lose him, but I understand

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 14, 2015, 07:24:09 PM
Back up ruck for a game breaker Jetta? WC have Lycett anyway!

Win for WC imo!
+1

I agree, if Sydney offered Sinclair a significant sum of money... I bet you we will all be laughing at the Swans in a year or two.

Cyril Rioli really was the difference in the Grand Final before the game broke. West Coast don't have a niche player like him (a Cyril/Wingard/Motlop/Billings in a couple of years etc.). Now they do.

Redden & Jetta are good pick-ups imo - added something (Lycett can replace Sinclair) and replaced Scooter with a better player (i.e. Redden)

+ Simmo knows how to maximise midfielder value more than anyone