Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

I've read rumours of Matt Wright and our 3rd for Hampton :o I highly doubt it's true cause I'm not sure the Giants would want Wright and also he's worth nothing.

Ricochet

Henderson to Geelongs 2016 Frist Rounder deal done.

Nige

Geelong have been busy.

That's Paddy, Scooter and Hendo now.

Can we get some more deals done already?  :P Ones that don't include the Cats?

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on October 14, 2015, 11:36:45 AM
Geelong have been busy.

I don't wanna say that, because as soon as I do, Smells Ham will probably be a demon  :(

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on October 14, 2015, 11:36:45 AM
Geelong have been busy.

+1

Let's hope Gold Coast stops being stubborn and accepts pick 10 over the next day or 2.   

Money Shot

Quote from: Ricochet on October 14, 2015, 11:19:42 AM
Yarran for Richmonds first round next year would be nice as well ::) :P

Ricochet

Wonder if Carlton ship that first rounder off to GWS for one or some of those boys they were interested in

Money Shot

Quote from: Ricochet on October 14, 2015, 12:14:19 PM
Wonder if Carlton ship that first rounder off to GWS for one or some of those boys they were interested in
I Reckon they will keep it personally!
Use our second round pick to get one or two of them in!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Money Shot on October 14, 2015, 12:11:49 PM
Apparently there's talks of

Astbury -> Brisbane
Pick 17 or 21 -> Carlton
Yarran -> Richmond

However, Brisbane claim they are unwilling to trade any first round pick (as that would be overs for Astbury) + Richmond don't want to part with their first rounder (but they pretty much have to and should at least give away 2016's pick (they'll challenge for the top 4 next season - but I'm sure they don't back themselves to win a finals game  :P). I don't think it would be wise for the Tiges to part with Astbury. Rance is the best full back in the comp. but Chaplin only has 3-4 years remaining and Astbury is obviously being developed as a 2nd tall down back (he would be an instant starter - and a good get in general for Brisbane).

I think Carlton may have to capitulate for an early second rounder due to Yarran's low demand, or wait until the end of the trade period when either Richmond will capitulate or another club will think they don't need their 1st rounder and swoop in - maybe Hawthorn.

Ricochet

quinny88

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2015, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 14, 2015, 12:11:49 PM
Apparently there's talks of

Astbury -> Brisbane
Pick 17 or 21 -> Carlton
Yarran -> Richmond

However, Brisbane claim they are unwilling to trade any first round pick (as that would be overs for Astbury) + Richmond don't want to part with their first rounder (but they pretty much have to and should at least give away 2016's pick (they'll challenge for the top 4 next season - but I'm sure they don't back themselves to win a finals game  :P). I don't think it would be wise for the Tiges to part with Astbury. Rance is the best full back in the comp. but Chaplin only has 3-4 years remaining and Astbury is obviously being developed as a 2nd tall down back (he would be an instant starter - and a good get in general for Brisbane).

I think Carlton may have to capitulate for an early second rounder due to Yarran's low demand, or wait until the end of the trade period when either Richmond will capitulate or another club will think they don't need their 1st rounder and swoop in - maybe Hawthorn.

I'll be shattered if we lose astbury. He's a gun but has just had horrible luck with injuries.

Ricochet

not sure who this guy is of if he's taking the piss but...

Jroo

@SamLandsberger Bailey Rice has picked St Kilda. Close call but lifelong Blues fan and son of 95 premiership player Dean will instead join Saints as a F/S.

Rico don't believe everything you read on Twitter lol  :P

silloc

Quote from: Ricochet on October 14, 2015, 01:25:51 PM
not sure who this guy is of if he's taking the piss but...

clearly a flowerwitt just looking to create a rumour

RaisyDaisy

Shiel just signed a contract extension this year!

I have it on good authority that Sebastian Finnegan is a flog