Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Money Shot on October 12, 2015, 08:41:13 PM
Just a thought but do you reckon a straight swap with Josh Walker and Zac Smith could happen? Both needed at the clubs and probably worth the same?
I agree, they are both worth nothing  :P

powersuperkents

In other news, the Suns are asking for more than pick 10 for Charlie Dixon. I think that if Port gave them any more it would be paying serious overs for Charlie Dixon. Pick 10 for Dixon is arguably overs as is (the fact he has shown potential and is a key forward are the only real arguments justifying the surrender of pick 10).

elephants

I don't think Pick 10 is overs for Port, but I also don't see what they could add that GC would want without making it overs.

I still really rate Zac Smith if he can get his body right

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 08:46:28 PM
I don't think Pick 10 is overs for Port, but I also don't see what they could add that GC would want without making it overs.

Yeah really thought the negative reviews of Smith were a little unfair! I think he's a fine, tall, agile and untapped ruckman!

Clubs will know what they are doing, Smith wont leave for free

Ports first pick for Dix? Fair!

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 12, 2015, 08:53:32 PM

Yeah really thought the negative reviews of Smith were a little unfair! I think he's a fine, tall, agile and untapped ruckman!

I would honestly be over the moon with pick 10 for Dixon

I just don't want to add anything because I want Toumpas as well (I don't honestly know why hahahaha, I think he's one of the bigger draft busts over the last 5 years - yet it seems like he could be resurrected is a similar way to Polec)

JBs-Hawks

Only a port fan would say that pick 10 is overs lol

LF

Don't think this has been posted

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane  2h2 hours ago
AFL has also advised Hawthorn that based on Suckling's age & WBull contract offer,club to receive an end r2 compensation pick (curr pick 39)

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: LF on October 12, 2015, 09:12:37 PM
Don't think this has been posted

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane  2h2 hours ago
AFL has also advised Hawthorn that based on Suckling's age & WBull contract offer,club to receive an end r2 compensation pick (curr pick 39)
Pretty fair.

tbagrocks

Why are the hawthorn cheats getting any compo? ???

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 12, 2015, 09:29:42 PM
Why are the hawthorn cheats getting any compo? ???

Because it is the rules of free agency.

Purple 77

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2015, 08:58:44 PM

I just don't want to add anything because I want Toumpas as well (I don't honestly know why hahahaha, I think he's one of the bigger draft busts over the last 5 years - yet it seems like he could be resurrected is a similar way to Polec)

I've quoted it now. It's on the Internent forever, waiting to be brought up at the appropriate time in the future  :P

Big Mac

2nd round compo is fair for Selwood

Not sure why Nisbett is throwing a fit

Jukes

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 12, 2015, 09:43:58 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2015, 08:58:44 PM

I've quoted it now. It's on the Internent forever, waiting to be brought up at the appropriate time in the future  :P

Considering he's played 27 games in 3 years for a cellar-dwelling team despite no real big injuries, definitely on track to be a big bust. Taken ahead of Wines, Stringer, Macrae, Vlastuin, Grundy, Rampe, Ceglar, Sinkers...will have to turn it around big time soon.

Ringo

So based on the compo picks so far Suckling and Selwood are equal value based on age and contracts. Interesting rulings by the AFL on the free agency.

Mat0369

I would say that while Suckling is older, he is getting more cash. I can't see Selwood making over 400k so it seems about right.