Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Saints must like the yank because they're shopping Hickey around and the Dogs are keen. Maybe something happening with Hrovat there.

Suckling to the Dogs (back to Bevo) is looking more likely by the day.

Football Factory

Clubs circle ex-Crow Brodie Martin, the discarded wingman is open to being signed as a rookie.

Mat0369

Quote from: Money Shot on October 10, 2015, 07:45:18 PM
What do you reckon the chance of us giving up Casboult is?
Bell for 21 seems okay for both clubs under the circumstances.

If Bell requests the trade I have no issue with that, but we aren't giving up Levi unless it nets us something big in return. Originally I had Aish for Levi as a straight swap back in May, but Brisbane have said they won't trade him and that we could get him for free in the pre-season draft. Considering we are trading Hendo as well it seems like a bad move. Heading into the draft our key forwards will consist of Jayden Foster, Liam Jones and maybe Jaksch if we swing him forward.

Levi is 25, he is one of the best marks in the league and his biggest knock has been his goal kicking which he actually went at around a 65% conversion rate last season. For reference, JJK and Lecca went at about 60% last season while Gunston went at 62% and he is considered a pretty reliable kick. 

The true elite kicks like Betts (72%), Breust (73%), Schulz (72%) and Dickson (81%) do have higher percentages, but looking at the numbers he has shown a bit of improvement in the area.

Mayes is a good player, I wouldn't be upset with that trade but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I would rather use Levi to attract another ruck and maybe a pick in a separate deal if we are going to trade him out.

Money Shot

Suckling signed a 3 year contract with the doggies!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Money Shot on October 10, 2015, 08:50:01 PM
Suckling signed a 3 year contract with the doggies!

Happened very quickly. Handy get for the dogs indeed

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2015, 08:21:15 PM
Levi is 25, he is one of the best marks in the league and his biggest knock has been his goal kicking which he actually went at around a 65% conversion rate last season. For reference, JJK and Lecca went at about 60% last season while Gunston went at 62% and he is considered a pretty reliable kick. 

Levi went at 57% this year though. I like the big fella, and as you said he knows how to plunk them

I don't think Carlton can afford to lose him. Who are you going to rely on? Liam Jones? LOL

Money Shot

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 10:16:30 AM

Levi went at 57% this year though. I like the big fella, and as you said he knows how to plunk them

I don't think Carlton can afford to lose him. Who are you going to rely on? Liam Jones? LOL
My thoughts exactly haha :P

Henderson for Geelongs first round pick next year is a possibility!

North is now leading the chase for Howe

enzedder

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 07:51:23 PM
Saints must like the yank because they're shopping Hickey around and the Dogs are keen. Maybe something happening with Hrovat there.

Haven't read anything about that but Longer overtook Hickey this year and Holmes showed plenty. Dogs need a ruck so makes some sense.

Purple 77

Quote from: Money Shot on October 11, 2015, 10:23:43 AM

I'm interested to see what Howe is worth on the trade market...

Jeremy obviously sees himself worth a first rounder  ::)

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 11, 2015, 10:51:03 AM

GWS' deal on the final day of trade period last year probably messed with his head a little bit

He's probably worth about pick 20-25

Money Shot

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 11, 2015, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 11, 2015, 10:51:03 AM

GWS' deal on the final day of trade period last year probably messed with his head a little bit

He's probably worth about pick 20-25
I could easily see him 15-20 considering Henderson and Yarran want and look like getting first round picks!

Nige

Swans have signed some young Irish lad by the name of Colin O'Riordan as as international rookie.

Mat0369

He kicked 24-12 this year, that's 66%. Since it didn't include out on the full I dropped it at least 1% since he didn't really spray many out on the full. 57% over his career wouldn't surprise me.

And you're right, we can't afford to move both of he and Hendo and would be stupid to do it. Maybe the idea is to get as much value as possible which means trade him this year and then try and fast track the development of Foster and SOS Jr.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: enzedder on October 11, 2015, 10:50:00 AM

Haven't read anything about that but Longer overtook Hickey this year and Holmes showed plenty. Dogs need a ruck so makes some sense.
I'm not sure about trading Hickey. having a 2nd ruck with his ability will be very handy in the future. if he can continue to work on his forward game and be able to kick a goal or 2 a game while giving Billy a rest in the ruck, I think that's too good to trade away

if we can get big overs on the deal, like Dogs' pick 11, it would be hard to overlook. but can't see that happening

enzedder

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 11, 2015, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: enzedder on October 11, 2015, 10:50:00 AM

I'm not sure about trading Hickey. having a 2nd ruck with his ability will be very handy in the future. if he can continue to work on his forward game and be able to kick a goal or 2 a game while giving Billy a rest in the ruck, I think that's too good to trade away

if we can get big overs on the deal, like Dogs' pick 11, it would be hard to overlook. but can't see that happening
Pick #11 would be sweet but I can't see it happening either. We'd need to offer a bit more to get the dogs to bite.