Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Just saw on Facebook that Carlton and Brisbane could have the top 6 picks if they get the priority picks and the much talked about compo picks. Here I am thinking the compromised drafts were behind us!

Brisbane probably need the help though, they're clearly struggling and have been for a while, Carlton on the other hand...

silloc

Quote from: Nige on September 11, 2015, 01:03:27 PM
Just saw on Facebook that Carlton and Brisbane could have the top 6 picks if they get the priority picks and the much talked about compo picks. Here I am thinking the compromised drafts were behind us!

Brisbane probably need the help though, they're clearly struggling and have been for a while, Carlton on the other hand...

flower off, none of them need help. There own fault for not being able to hold onto players.

jvalles69

Quote from: silloc on September 11, 2015, 01:13:22 PM

flower off, none of them need help. There own fault for not being able to hold onto players.

Yeah thats bullshower, I remember when West Coast got shafted the year we got the wooden spoon and GWS got all the picks, we're still doing better than them with what we had.  Poor managment and drafting = suck it up princess.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 11, 2015, 02:10:14 PM

Yeah thats bullshower, I remember when West Coast got shafted the year we got the wooden spoon and GWS got all the picks, we're still doing better than them with what we had.  Poor managment and drafting = suck it up princess.

Meh, I'll take Gaffy over D.Swallow ;)

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on September 11, 2015, 11:20:28 AM
So on the talk of Jaeger looking at a move to Vic. I know he and Conigs are great mates so wondering if he might look towards GWS instead?

Doubt it, rumours sound like he wants to go to a bigger-market club and specifically in Melbourne

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on September 11, 2015, 02:23:04 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 11, 2015, 11:20:28 AM
So on the talk of Jaeger looking at a move to Vic. I know he and Conigs are great mates so wondering if he might look towards GWS instead?

Doubt it, rumours sound like he wants to go to a bigger-market club and specifically in Melbourne
There's some pretty nice houses in Sydney :P

Toga

Haha. But surely he wouldn't achieve much going from one small-market expansion club to another! Much more likely to go to a Melbourne club if he leaves IMO

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on September 11, 2015, 02:26:11 PM
Haha. But surely he wouldn't achieve much going from one small-market expansion club to another! Much more likely to go to a Melbourne club if he leaves IMO
Well it was reported he was looking to increase his property portfolio. Sounds like a load of shower to me, he can do that from anywhere

Toga

Yeah not gonna lie I didn't think there was much substance behind it.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: elephants on September 11, 2015, 02:18:15 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 11, 2015, 02:10:14 PM

Meh, I'll take Gaffy over D.Swallow ;)
mmm we will take all the picks we can get :D

Purple 77

If the Melbourne 2013 team wasn't gonna get a priority pick, no one will. That team was just gosh darn awful! 4th worst season in AFL/VFL history by ANY club, 2 wins and a 50ish percentage. Brisbane got 4 wins and 67 percentage. It's not great, but they are twice as good as what melbourne were.

And besides, they traded away their top pick last year for one of the gun mids in the comp. Now they want it back, and keep Beams?

Sorry, I'm a little precious on this topic  ::)

Ringo

For what it is worth I think there should be no priority picks or compensation picks at all.  Brisbane is where it is because of injuries and go home factor and will suffer further because academy picks for home grown players who want to remain in Brisbane will be taken away thanks to bleating Melbourne Clubs. You really need to be in Qld as since the announcement concerning academy picks has been made the academy has lost players to soccer, union and rugby league.  When we are finally getting some value out of the Academy with Freeman and Andrews the rug is pulled.

But whilst the rules are still there why should we not attempt to get the picks but to be honest do not expect either of us too if as Purps rightly states Melbourne could not get one in 2013.

From Brisbanes list only Jack Redden has formally requested a trade and Adcock has been told he is not wanted and Berger is a free agent.

Interestingly Aish attended end of season review meetings which departing players traditionally do not attend and did not ask for a trade at his own performance review,

Football Factory

Agree with Purps .. if Melbourne didn't get one in 2013 then it will NEVER happen.

RiOtChEsS

GWS formally rejecting Cam McCarthy trade request, w0w bad for business Giants :-X

Ricochet

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 11, 2015, 05:11:44 PM
GWS formally rejecting Cam McCarthy trade request, w0w bad for business Giants :-X
They also said they'd never trade Boyd and that Treloar was happy to stay with them :P