Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Quote from: TomK on September 09, 2015, 02:26:10 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on September 09, 2015, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 09, 2015, 02:16:04 PM
Menzel is coming to Adelaide
Really? Or just wishful thinking?? You already have Cameron and Betts ???
a bit of both, heard whispers but nothing concrete atm. He is apparently keen to come. I hope we get the deal done because I rate him.

True, but a forward line of Lynch, Walker, Menzel, Betts, Jenkins and Cameron is mouth watering.
I thought he was from W.A that makes sense then haha!
And yeah that will be one of the best In the game!

silloc

a bit of both, heard whispers but nothing concrete atm. He is apparently keen to come. I hope we get the deal done because I rate him.

True, but a forward line of Lynch, Walker, Menzel, Betts, Jenkins and Cameron is mouth watering.

Yeah, why the flower isn't your team 20x better

TomK

Quote from: silloc on September 09, 2015, 02:31:57 PM

A young defence and a few midfielders not running both ways plays a part in that. Also having players turn the ball over in the defensive 50 doesn't help.

Grazz

For the best part of the year our delivery into that forward line has been C Grade at best. All to often we just bomb it in there with a hope for the best attitude.

silloc

Quote from: Grazz on September 09, 2015, 03:59:32 PM

For the best part of the year our delivery into that forward line has been C Grade at best. All to often we just bomb it in there with a hope for the best attitude.

I guess it's pretty easy to fall into that trap when you've got that kind of forward line. It baffles me the decisions some players make when delivering into the forward 50. Especially when they've got time and space on the wing and they don't quickly head check to the corridor.

Grazz

Quote from: silloc on September 09, 2015, 04:16:52 PM

I guess it's pretty easy to fall into that trap when you've got that kind of forward line. It baffles me the decisions some players make when delivering into the forward 50. Especially when they've got time and space on the wing and they don't quickly head check to the corridor.

Yep, frustrated the hell out me mate you have no idea how much. Good defenders mop that up with ease majority of the time.

silloc

Quote from: Grazz on September 09, 2015, 04:23:23 PM

Yep, frustrated the hell out me mate you have no idea how much. Good defenders mop that up with ease majority of the time.

As an essendon supporter ... I kinda do have an idea how annoying that can be. Pretty sure we have the worst score conversion rate for inside 50's in the comp

Mat0369

Quote from: Money Shot on September 09, 2015, 01:50:23 PM
Bell for pick 21 (Bris)
Henderson for pick 10 (Gee)
Menzel for 31 (Ade)
Yarran for 34 (Rich)

Kreuzer leaves we get pick 2
Pick 10 for Carslile

Do you reckon that's possible?

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 09, 2015, 02:11:30 PM
Why would that one happen?? O.o

This

Plus we will want a hell of a lot higher pick for Yaz. He is still contracted so we have leverage on that deal.

No way we give up 21 year old 1st round pick in Menz for a pick in the 30's. Bell will likely be involved in the deal for Aish. It might be something like Bell and next years 2nd for Aish and Brisbane's 3rd this year.

Ideally I wouldn't want to give up 10 for Carlisle, too much to give up for a guy with a potential 2 year suspension looming over his head, if I am Carlton I am letting the other teams fight to make a deal for him and then grab him in the PSD if it all breaks down. Although considering he thinks Essendon is a bit of a mess he might want to go to a club with some stability

Grazz

Quote from: silloc on September 09, 2015, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 09, 2015, 04:23:23 PM

As an essendon supporter ... I kinda do have an idea how annoying that can be. Pretty sure we have the worst score conversion rate for inside 50's in the comp

Haha yeh you'd understand my frustrations as well as anyone would.  ;)

silloc

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
Bell for pick 21 (Bris)
Menzel for 31 (Ade)
Yarran for 34 (Rich)

Pick 10 for Carslile

This

Plus we will want a hell of a lot higher pick for Yaz. He is still contracted so we have leverage on that deal.

No way we give up 21 year old 1st round pick in Menz for a pick in the 30's. Bell will likely be involved in the deal for Aish. It might be something like Bell and next years 2nd for Aish and Brisbane's 3rd this year.

Ideally I wouldn't want to give up 10 for Carlisle, too much to give up for a guy with a potential 2 year suspension looming over his head, if I am Carlton I am letting the other teams fight to make a deal for him and then grab him in the PSD if it all breaks down. Although considering he thinks Essendon is a bit of a mess he might want to go to a club with some stability

2 year suspension hasn't put off any other club

Ricochet

AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade
Matthew Kreuzer has failed a medical at the Western Bulldogs AND Collingwood in the past few days. #AFL #AFLTrade

Mat0369

Quote from: silloc on September 09, 2015, 04:48:01 PM
2 year suspension hasn't put off any other club

And let them fight for him. Where we are at as a club we shouldn't be giving up a top 10 pick for a guy that could potentially miss 2 seasons and be back at 26.

Quote from: Ricochet on September 09, 2015, 04:49:56 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade
Matthew Kreuzer has failed a medical at the Western Bulldogs AND Collingwood in the past few days. #AFL #AFLTrade

And sadly this doesn't surprise me. No pick 2 for us  :(

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 04:53:11 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 09, 2015, 04:49:56 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade

And sadly this doesn't surprise me. No pick 2 for us  :(
Schacheeeeeee

nrich102

Schache is flowering coming to Brisbane.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
Bell for pick 21 (Bris)
Menzel for 31 (Ade)
Yarran for 34 (Rich)

Pick 10 for Carslile

This

From Brisbane perspective if we do not get decent compensation picks or trade picks can not see us giving 21 for Bell - We will need to early picks to retain Academy Players Keays and Hipwood  if they are bid for early.
Do not how much truth in rumour Straight swap of Bell for Josh Green.