Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on September 01, 2015, 05:54:21 PM
see this is what I don't understand. The alf seems to massively overate picks. I think he is worth your first pick easy.

Agree. Redden is a gun

Didn't the Dees give up Pick 2 for Tyson? Redden is better than Tyson and still young. 1st round pick for sure

kilbluff1985

Quote from: TomK on September 01, 2015, 06:00:11 PM
I'd love Redden but only if Danger leaves. If he stays, I'd rather us use our first pick on trying to pick up Scharenberg.

havent you got enough running defenders

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 01, 2015, 06:05:15 PM
see this is what I don't understand. The alf seems to massively overate picks. I think he is worth your first pick easy.

Agree. Redden is a gun

Didn't the Dees give up Pick 2 for Tyson? Redden is better than Tyson and still young. 1st round pick for sure

Pick 2 for Tyson + Pick 9 (and other details)

TomK

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 01, 2015, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 01, 2015, 06:00:11 PM
I'd love Redden but only if Danger leaves. If he stays, I'd rather us use our first pick on trying to pick up Scharenberg.

havent you got enough running defenders
A good amount but Shaz to replace Henderson would be ideal.

Big Mac

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 01, 2015, 05:45:33 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2015, 05:42:12 PM
AFL reporting that Jack Redden has told Brisbane he wants to be traded

Wouldn't mind him at the dees

Probably worth pick 15-20

Definitely not worth our first pick

Don't think he will ever be more than a solid midfielder, not quick and disposal isn't great. The dees need pace and players who can actually hit targets. Yes, another ready made mid would be handy, but i'd be confident our first rounder could net us a player better than Redden in the long run

Ricochet

Yeh Redden gets slightly overrated because he's a good fantasy scorer, but he really isn't that damaging as a midfielder. I don't think they'll get a first rounder for him. Maybe a late one

elephants

His inside work shouldn't be underrated though.

By comparison, Priddis is very slow and his disposal is far from fantastic (although it has improved substantially under Simpson imo). Every team needs extractors to get the ball to the elite users on the outside.

I'd say he'd be worth a mid first round pick though.

MC

Can anyone foresee a 3-way trade between the Pies/GWS/Crows?

Crows get: Sharenberg for a first rounder
GWS get: 2 x first rounders (to secure their academy players) for Treloar
Pies get: Treloar for 2 x first round picks

Does this seem fair?

Holz

Quote from: MC on September 02, 2015, 10:08:16 PM

Does this seem fair?

by AFL standards yes. Crows come off very very well in that deal.

Grazz

Does this seem fair?

Seems pretty fair to me mate.

meow meow

Agree. Redden is a gun

Pick 2 for Tyson wasn't the only part of the trade. They also got pick 9 (Salem) out of it.

Redden is an average player who just happens to find himself in a position on the ground that makes his stats look good. As a player he's no better than Koby Stevens (who has started to score/produce stats similiar to Redden when given the same role) and we got him with a pick in the 20's. A pick in the late teens/early 20's should be enough.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 03, 2015, 04:55:55 PM

Agree. Redden is a gun

Pick 2 for Tyson wasn't the only part of the trade. They also got pick 9 (Salem) out of it.

Redden is an average player who just happens to find himself in a position on the ground that makes his stats look good. As a player he's no better than Koby Stevens (who has started to score/produce stats similiar to Redden when given the same role) and we got him with a pick in the 20's. A pick in the late teens/early 20's should be enough.

Yeah that sounds about right. I know Redden doesn't exactly ooze class, but he kind of has that Daniel Cross feel about him - Wont dominate and wins games off his own boot, but consistently produces within his limits

AaronKirk

Quote from: Grazz on September 03, 2015, 04:44:10 PM

Does this seem fair?

Seems pretty fair to me mate.

The scenario above is not that far-fetched.

Could be Richmond that get Treloar.

Nige

The latest rumour is Charlie Dixon to sign 5 years 3.5M deal with Port.  :o

Ringo

Sam Mayes the latest Lion rumoured to be considering asking for a trade. Rumours still persist about Stef Martin wanting out as well.