Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetness

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2014, 10:14:50 PM
Is it just me or does Travis look like he found a plot of magic mushrooms.  :-\

100%

Tominator

Deadline Day tomorrow... going to be frenetic that's for sure. My gut feel is that Schoenmakers and Gorringe will stay at their clubs. And SURELY St Kilda won't part with Pick 1...

Moves I think will go through:
Ryder to Port
Giles or Lowden to Essendon
A key defender or ruckman to Adelaide
Membrey to St Kilda

And maybe a surprise or two - fingers crossed it's an exciting day and a good one for the Crows!

TomK

Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 12:08:36 AM
Deadline Day tomorrow... going to be frenetic that's for sure. My gut feel is that Schoenmakers and Gorringe will stay at their clubs. And SURELY St Kilda won't part with Pick 1...

Ryder to Port
Membrey to St Kilda

And maybe a surprise or two - fingers crossed it's an exciting day and a good one for the Crows!
Yep, Shoenmakers is staying at the Hawks. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-15/schoey-stays-a-hawks

Hopefully the Crows pick up a ruckman and a key defender tomorrow. Just not sure who we can get without parting ways with our first and second round picks.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Nige on October 15, 2014, 09:16:54 PM

The new recruits.

Collingwood drafting a player without a face. Sounds about right.

Tominator

Quote from: TomK on October 16, 2014, 12:19:13 AM

Ryder to Port
Membrey to St Kilda

Yep, Shoenmakers is staying at the Hawks. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-15/schoey-stays-a-hawks

Hopefully the Crows pick up a ruckman and a key defender tomorrow. Just not sure who we can get without parting ways with our first and second round picks.

Well that's a blow about Schoey.. Phil Davis is probably more attainable as a free agent in 2015.. Michael Talia maybe?

And Dan Gorringe would be great in the ruck but we'd probably have to drop our 2nd round pick and/or a fringe player. I'd still much rather him than Luke Lowden.. Would have loved Giles though

GoLions

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 16, 2014, 12:21:32 AM
Quote from: Nige on October 15, 2014, 09:16:54 PM

The new recruits.

Collingwood drafting a player without a face. Sounds about right.
It's actually the Greendale mascot, although he shaved recently

Justin Bieber

TomK

TomK

Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 12:22:01 AM
Quote from: TomK on October 16, 2014, 12:19:13 AM

Ryder to Port
Membrey to St Kilda

Well that's a blow about Schoey.. Phil Davis is probably more attainable as a free agent in 2015.. Michael Talia maybe?

And Dan Gorringe would be great in the ruck but we'd probably have to drop our 2nd round pick and/or a fringe player. I'd still much rather him than Luke Lowden.. Would have loved Giles though
Would love to get Davis back. Still good mates with some of the players here still. He attended Mackay's wedding.

Giles definitely would have been the best cover for Sauce out of them and Gorringe after him but won't get him either. GC would most likely want a 2nd rounder and maybe more for him and Walsh has stated we will be going to the draft with our first two picks. So pretty much leaves Lowden. But doesn't seem like we are getting him now anyway. Really confused with the club atm. We have Sauce, JJ and Osborn as our rucks. Doesn't sound too promising if Sauce goes down.

elephants

Osborne is a gun. Been my non playing R4 in DT for the last two years!

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 01:22:04 AM

Last two years hey, well im convinced mate.  :P

elephants

Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2014, 01:37:27 AM

Haha yep, he's become a sentimental pick now :p

Grazz

I reckon Walsh has decided if we cant get the player we want then we'll get some decent youth into the club for this year rather than grab anything thats available or more like im hoping this is what he's thinking at this stage of the draft.  He'll look hard at as many on our list as he can over 2015 then decide whose trade bait and go after what we need very hard in the two drafts at the end of 2015.
Hopefully the club goes well enough next year and looks more attractive under Phil for the players we need and they'll want to come alah the Lions this year. Im kinda clutching a straws i know and the draft for us has been another lowlight for 2014 but i do think thats our best and only option as things stand at the minute. If we could of had Walsh in 2-3 weeks earlier and given him more opportunity to speak to players and work his charm as he did on me in his introductory press conference and a couple of interviews on 5AA we may have snagged a Giles or better aswell as a defender/fwd etc but we didn't and it is what it is now.

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 01:40:44 AM
Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2014, 01:37:27 AM

Haha yep, he's become a sentimental pick now :p

Your not alone mate, done it also. ;)

Ricochet

A lot of talk that the Hallahan to GC deal will happen this morning

WCarey18

Ryder to Port
Membrey to St Kilda

Hallahan to GC
Robinson to ?? (late interest from multiple clubs)
Ryder to GWS (rumored to be offering pick 4 so Essendon can then draft Wright as replacement), Port deal looking highly unlikely.
Giles to Essendon (once Ryder deal is settled)
Lowden to Adelaide (inside info - will go to whatever club Giles DOESNT go it - doesnt want to compete against him)
Membrey to St Kilda (will end up there via picks or PSD)
Frost to Melbourne (will either end up there via picks or PSD)
Cooney to ? (North, Essendon still interested, Geelong possible late charge with pick + Hunt)
Liam Jones + Tutt to Carlton (haggling over picks at the moment)
Ben Newton to ? (late flurry of interest)
Sam Grimley to Fremantle or St Kilda
Daniel Gorringe to ? (Depends to Ryder deal)

They are the ones I have heard of so far...

Still a few to go and only three hours left!!! I just love the last few hours of trade week. Best part.